IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

FBO Tuned ISF'S are starting to make their presence known.

Old 09-18-16, 09:16 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default FBO Tuned ISF'S are starting to make their presence known.

I'm starting to see more and more FBO Tuned ISF being more competitive with all sorts of cars not just here on CL but on the other forms, youtube etc. Members such as Gearbanger,I8AMBR and few other that are pushing there ISF at all sorts of events from 1/4,1/8 Mile, highway pulls, road course to just plain old on the street. I'm seeing more people are talking about how full bolt on ISF are Highway monsters, are very competitive on the track taking on Mustangs,Camaros, m4 and m3, c63 etc it's starting to get more of a buzz thats building every day. More car enthusiasts are the knowledge that its become car thats competive and actually giving it the respect that's always deserve. Things are starting to get very interesting can't wait to see what happens once the superchargers release buy RR racing.

Last edited by Weapon F; 09-19-16 at 04:27 AM.
Old 09-19-16, 01:53 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Agreed! Starting to see them more now is reviews/YouTube videos etc.....I think it's only the beginning of the ISF getting it's proper dues now that the tuning abilities are starting to be realized
Old 09-19-16, 02:51 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,361 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
I'm starting to see more and more FBO Tuned ISF being more competitive with all sorts of cars not just here on CL but on the other forms, youtube etc. Members such as Gearbanger,I8AMBR and few other that are pushing there ISF at all sorts of events from 1/4,1/8 Mile, highway pulls, road course to just plain old on the street. I'm seeing more people are talking about how full bolt on ISF are Highway monsters taking on Mustangs,Camaros, m4 and m3, c63 etc it's starting to get a little bit of a buzz thats building. More car enthusiasts are the knowledge in it and actually giving it the respect that's always deserve things are starting to get very interesting can't wait to see what happens once the superchargers release buy RR racing.
Agreed! This is a really exciting time to own the F-cars. As we continue to develop the ECU and forced induction these cars will keep getting faster. One frustration I have with some people is their expectation that a F modifications should be priced like Mustang parts... well, that is never going to happen, and I know most of you realize that. There are probably more Mustangs sold in a single month than the total production run of ISFs and RCFs There are more Ferrari 458's out there than F cars. A couple weeks ago, I visited "AmericanMuscle" to pic up a part, and they have a giant stat board in their call center -- so just to give you guys a sense of how much business this single Mustang online retailer is doing, by 1pm, they already serviced 587 customers!

-Rafi

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-19-16, 06:28 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Agreed! Starting to see them more now is reviews/YouTube videos etc.....I think it's only the beginning of the ISF getting it's proper dues now that the tuning abilities are starting to be realized
agreed. this motor has no much potential its about time they start to see their place in the world. Toyota isn't known for a performance motor with a cap on it, isf was no different. glad to see more breaking 400whp with ease now
Old 09-19-16, 07:33 AM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Agreed! This is a really exciting time to own the F-cars. As we continue to develop the ECU and forced induction these cars will keep getting faster. One frustration I have with some people is their expectation that a F modifications should be priced like Mustang parts... well, that is never going to happen, and I know most of you realize that. There are probably more Mustangs sold in a single month than the total production run of ISFs and RCFs There are more Ferrari 458's out there than F cars. A couple weeks ago, I visited "AmericanMuscle" to pic up a part, and they have a giant stat board in their call center -- so just to give you guys a sense of how much business this single Mustang online retailer is doing, by 1pm, they already serviced 587 customers!

-Rafi
I have to agree with rafi on this, the less amount of cars an aftermarket company can reach the more expensive parts would be but on top of that we do own a lexus and not a honda so expect premium prices
Old 09-19-16, 08:36 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

And let me say that RR Racings mods are worth every penny! We are all so lucky to have Rafi working hard to create the amazing products that make our cars better. Way better.
Old 09-19-16, 08:51 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
And let me say that RR Racings mods are worth every penny! We are all so lucky to have Rafi working hard to create the amazing products that make our cars better. Way better.

Agreed. I installed my Tuned intake and Tune this this last weekend and although I didn't get to drive my car as much as I would've wanted I'm happy to say that my F is as far as I can go engine performance wise as I can take it without going FI.

I can tell from some of the pulls I had with the car for sure picked up some mid range power.
Old 09-19-16, 05:08 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Yea already have on my Tuned intake/ Tune/ Borla and this Saturday we are installing PPE headers on my car and another local F owner! After that I will be FBO and as far as "I'm given her all she's got captain" will be it unless I go FI down the road.
Old 09-19-16, 05:27 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

The car is already a monster out of the box IMO, but it's nice to see that people are achieving success in the performance area.

I'd venture this route if I had the funds, probably even mess with porting/polishing the heads and the intake manifold.

Last edited by 2URGSE; 09-19-16 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-19-16, 07:42 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been driving my F now with JoeZ exhaust, PPE Headers, RR Tune and tuned intake with high flow cat and LOVE IT!! It's so much more fun to drive, and it sounds great! Kind of have a light cam lop like sound at idle and a freakin' beast on WOT! Feel and sounds of the F are great now. Great time to be a F owner and excited to see what else is around the corner for these cars.

Last edited by Supraman16; 09-19-16 at 09:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
breed (03-02-20)
Old 09-19-16, 08:14 PM
Pushtape
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraman16
I've been driving my F now with JoeZ exhaust, PPE Headers, RR Tune and tuned intake with high flow cat and LOVE IT!! It's so much more fun to drive, and it sounds great! Kind of have a light cam lop like sound at ideal and a freakin' beast on WOT! Feel and sounds of the F are great now. Great time to be a F owner and excited to see what else is around the corner for these cars.
Cut the joe-z to put on the high flow cat? I am debating going this route with the borla setup.

Also agree on all of the above posts. =d
Old 09-19-16, 08:45 PM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FBO = Full Bolt On?
Old 09-19-16, 08:53 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by webhed
FBO = Full Bolt On?
You got it!
Old 09-19-16, 09:19 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

416hp is awesome out of the box and no joke. 500+ HP now with FBO just brings these cars to whole other level.
Old 09-19-16, 11:58 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Again, much appreciate Rafi/RR's efforts in developing this platform. People in the know give the F the respect it deserves and I agree with the OP that the car has finally gotten the street cred it always deserved. I recently had a 458 Italia owner approach me at a gas station to ask about the car because he knew all about them but hadn't seen one in person. In a way the IS-F is becoming iconic to the people that actually know they exist.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FBO Tuned ISF'S are starting to make their presence known.