IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lurking for an F in Virginia, please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-16, 08:29 PM
Minh93
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lurking for an F in Virginia, please help!!!

Hi guys,
I'm newbie, nice to meet all you guys. I'm looking for an F for awhile, I really want one but can't find any in my budget. Is there any people in VA or near by want to sell your F? I want the F really bad, and I'm almost lost my money because I went to New York for the 2011 69k miles for 25k cash, I took 5 hours driving and the seller didn't answer my phone call, and I believe he is a scammer, so I don't want to go far anymore. I saw 2 Fs near me, not sure if the owner in here.
Attached Thumbnails Lurking for an F in Virginia, please help!!!-img_2087.png   Lurking for an F in Virginia, please help!!!-img_2088.png  
Old 09-18-16, 09:39 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Sorry about your previous bad deal. That seemed fishy anyway....2011 with low miles for $25k?! If nothing was wrong with it, maybe the owner came to his senses...
But have you been checking Autotrader? Cars.com? And carmax can transfer cars between any carmax across the country (for a fee of course) so don't be afraid of search with them as well.

V.
Old 09-18-16, 09:51 PM
mjc1055
Driver School Candidate

What's your budget? If it's low (like, under 25k) you might want to keep an eye out for salvaged cars or high mileage ones like I see on some of the Facebook pages.
Old 09-19-16, 05:50 AM
Minh93
Driver

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Sorry about your previous bad deal. That seemed fishy anyway....2011 with low miles for $25k?! If nothing was wrong with it, maybe the owner came to his senses...
But have you been checking Autotrader? Cars.com? And carmax can transfer cars between any carmax across the country (for a fee of course) so don't be afraid of search with them as well.

V.
I'm keep tracking on those site everyday, I saw a few 08 price range 23-29k, miles 45-110k miles. However, the car is for sale under dealer, but those dealer I believe buy from auction and take it home to fix it, it does have clean carfax but the car when I test drive it, it doesn't drive well. I went to check out the white one as I mentioned above and the steering was shaking when I hit the gas, when my hand off the steering, it pulls to the left.
Old 09-19-16, 05:52 AM
Minh93
Driver

Originally Posted by mjc1055
What's your budget? If it's low (like, under 25k) you might want to keep an eye out for salvaged cars or high mileage ones like I see on some of the Facebook pages.
Yes, my budget under 25k, including title and taxes etc... . I don't might high miles since it's a Lexus and super reliable, I would stay away from salvaged car.
Old 09-19-16, 06:50 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Minh93
Yes, my budget under 25k, including title and taxes etc... . I don't might high miles since it's a Lexus and super reliable, I would stay away from salvaged car.
It's going to be pretty tough with that budget. Even for a 2008 with higher miles, these cars aren't dime a dozen and they keep their value.

Why not save up and wait for a 2011 or a 2012. Might be better off at the end.

Old 09-19-16, 08:50 PM
Minh93
Driver

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
It's going to be pretty tough with that budget. Even for a 2008 with higher miles, these cars aren't dime a dozen and they keep their value.

Why not save up and wait for a 2011 or a 2012. Might be better off at the end.
You right but I'm not sure if I can't wait anymore because I want one real....really bad! I saw some around my budget but because it's dealer selling so I'm not really trust them, that's why I want to look for one that selling by private owner.
Old 09-19-16, 11:22 PM
Richy21
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where in VA are you?
Old 09-19-16, 11:28 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look on the carfax always....It will tell you if it was sold at an auction.. I agree with you, do not buy one that had to go through the auction.

Keep watching cars.com, auto trader, and Carmax. Keep notes on the ones for sale. I bought mine from a BMW dealer in Denver, Colorado, who put it on sale on Black Friday!! I was watching it , then jumped on it when it went on sale.

It does happen.. I think they might have had it for 3 months though before they lowered the price.. Patience is a Virtue.!!

Good Luck!! ISF is worth the wait!!

Cheerio, Zale
Old 09-20-16, 04:36 AM
Minh93
Driver

Originally Posted by Richy21
Where in VA are you?
I'm in Falls Church, how about you?
Old 09-20-16, 04:43 AM
Minh93
Driver

Originally Posted by zpletcher
Look on the carfax always....It will tell you if it was sold at an auction.. I agree with you, do not buy one that had to go through the auction.

Keep watching cars.com, auto trader, and Carmax. Keep notes on the ones for sale. I bought mine from a BMW dealer in Denver, Colorado, who put it on sale on Black Friday!! I was watching it , then jumped on it when it went on sale.

It does happen.. I think they might have had it for 3 months though before they lowered the price.. Patience is a Virtue.!!

Good Luck!! ISF is worth the wait!!

Cheerio, Zale
Yea, I'm tracking those websites everyday. I have been looking for 4-5 months, I mean I do see some around me in my budget range but it's hard to find one that clean and didn't get beat up. I saw a silver for 25k in PA, but I don't really like silver. I saw a blue and the white one for 24k but again, it's selling under crap dealer, so I have to wait more.
Old 09-20-16, 06:36 AM
Richy21
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in Falls Church, how about you?
oh not far. I'm in Manassas!
Old 09-20-16, 06:49 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

You right but I'm not sure if I can't wait anymore because I want one real....really bad! I saw some around my budget but because it's dealer selling so I'm not really trust them, that's why I want to look for one that selling by private owner.
If you're in your mid 20's, I understand, because I was the same way. Getting emotional about these cars is easy, but you have to curb it so you don't end up with something that you will regret later.

I don't mean to sound like your dad but, are you financing or buying it cash?

I know this is drifting off topic, but again, I was in these shoes too. If you don't already have a house, I'd take the money and put it there first. I know someone who went through this, he actually bought a 2011 ISF that I wanted, almost to **** me off. Well, I was a bit more calculated then this guy and already had property, he didn't. Guess what happened after 7 months? I bought a brand new 2013 ISF, and later that year this person had to get rid of his ISF because he was buying property and his credit wasn't good.

Old 09-20-16, 07:38 AM
Minh93
Driver

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
If you're in your mid 20's, I understand, because I was the same way. Getting emotional about these cars is easy, but you have to curb it so you don't end up with something that you will regret later.

I don't mean to sound like your dad but, are you financing or buying it cash?

I know this is drifting off topic, but again, I was in these shoes too. If you don't already have a house, I'd take the money and put it there first. I know someone who went through this, he actually bought a 2011 ISF that I wanted, almost to **** me off. Well, I was a bit more calculated then this guy and already had property, he didn't. Guess what happened after 7 months? I bought a brand new 2013 ISF, and later that year this person had to get rid of his ISF because he was buying property and his credit wasn't good.
Good to hear, it's ok man, I love to hear from people because I'm still young and I'm pretty sure that I will make some mistakes on whatever that I'm planning and thinking that absolutely true.
Yes, I pay cash, I don't like debt, I understand that the newer F will give me no regret at the end but, at the moment I can afford for the 2011+ F, probably I have to pay like 35k. Which it will take me more time to save up. It likes, you are young and you want to taste everything, before you are older and don't really care what care you are driving.
Please give me more advices, I love yo hear form everyone.
Old 09-20-16, 07:41 AM
Minh93
Driver

Originally Posted by Richy21
oh not far. I'm in Manassas!
So wanna sale me your F : ??

Quick Reply: Lurking for an F in Virginia, please help!!!