IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Full-time automated sport mode

Old 09-13-16, 05:47 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by jleonard71
If you want more of a delay before engaging sport mode, the module does have an adjustable delay where you can have it wait anywhere from 0.1 seconds to 270 hours before the relay engages sport mode. So you can adjust it to your liking.
Mic drop on the delay
Id be interested in seeing how this is done as well.
-R
Old 09-13-16, 05:51 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell yeah I want a step by step! Do you really have to ask?! Thanks for doing the research.
Old 09-13-16, 06:54 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I think a lot of guys would like this

Or you can just get the Apexi throttle controller and it remembers the last setting you had it in when you start it up, so if you left it in red it starts up in red mode and there you go you have increased throttle response without having to hit a button, then when the car warms up you can hit the sport button to get the other benefits that come with that
Old 09-13-16, 08:09 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

If anything, it would have been cool to have launch control. (As long as the gearbox wouldn't blow up)
Old 09-13-16, 08:57 PM
DjMarkOne
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sign me up for this! I hate having to turn on sport mode every time I hop into my car.
Old 09-14-16, 11:25 AM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Or you can just get the Apexi throttle controller and it remembers the last setting you had it in when you start it up, so if you left it in red it starts up in red mode and there you go you have increased throttle response without having to hit a button, then when the car warms up you can hit the sport button to get the other benefits that come with that
I have the Apexi, but I still notice a big difference when driving in sport mode on vs off. While the Apexi does make the throttle a LOT more responsive in red mode, it doesn't give you the higher revving shifts that you get with sport mode.
Old 09-14-16, 12:54 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Ok, cool didn't know what mods you had done. I've been wanting to get the Apexi throttle controller because of all the good feedback!

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 09-14-16 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-14-16, 01:39 PM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im interested....ever since i got the F i never drove it in normal mode
Old 09-14-16, 03:18 PM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In for the info as well.
Old 09-14-16, 03:58 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I think a lot of guys would like this

What you say is generally right however it does not start up when you start the car. It remembers the last mode you were in and reverts to that but you have to still turn it on.
So whenever I start my car I need to press the sport button and apexi button.
Ps it is a great little mod though ��
Old 09-14-16, 05:52 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Gotcha ya, didn't realize you have to turn on the Apexi either lol........ well I think I can push two buttons when the time comes
Old 09-14-16, 06:07 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF5L
What you say is generally right however it does not start up when you start the car. It remembers the last mode you were in and reverts to that but you have to still turn it on.
So whenever I start my car I need to press the sport button and apexi button.
Ps it is a great little mod though ��
I don't have to do that, mine stays on all the time. It's in red mode while driving, I turn off the car, turn it back on, still in red mode. I can't remember if there's a setting to make it that way or if it came that way out of the box. I'd check the user manual if I were you, maybe also check to make sure it's wired correctly, because you shouldn't have to turn it on every time you start the car. I haven't had to touch mine once since I installed it, and now I don't need to for sport mode either!
Old 09-14-16, 08:08 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^^^^^^^^^^That's what I'm talking about! Starting up ready for warp speed without having to press any buttons
Old 09-15-16, 01:36 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't see all the worry over sport mode when the car is cold. I put it in sport as soon as I fire the car up, but I still drive normal, then again im not racing on my way to work either. I just like the throttle feel in sport mode.

Then again I live in the desert of las vegas so its 90+ even at night 80% of the year, so it doesn't take the car long to get to operating temp under normal driving.
Old 09-15-16, 08:15 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by jleonard71
I don't have to do that, mine stays on all the time. It's in red mode while driving, I turn off the car, turn it back on, still in red mode. I can't remember if there's a setting to make it that way or if it came that way out of the box. I'd check the user manual if I were you, maybe also check to make sure it's wired correctly, because you shouldn't have to turn it on every time you start the car. I haven't had to touch mine once since I installed it, and now I don't need to for sport mode either!
It's definitely a setting. I have mine set so that it stays off after I cut the car off and cut it back on. All you have to do is press the button and it's back it the same mode you left it in. No need for it to cut on automatically everytime you crank it up!don't need high throttle going down my driveway or thru a parking lot, lol.

V.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Full-time automated sport mode