IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Trying to buy a 2008 ISF, need some input from the pros ;)

Old 09-06-16, 09:00 PM
kitsune
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will sell you my 2008 for $25k but I'm here in Seattle.

Always maintained at the dealer. No issues except normal wear and tear. 101k miles. Figs header and going to be installing new front wheel bearings soon. LED fog lights.
Old 09-06-16, 09:41 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering selling my clean title '08 and was thinking of asking for around 26k but I haven't really done the math yet.
I'm in NorCal. *just throwing it out there* since most of these mods are what IS-F owners end up doing...

-89k miles
-Ultrasonic blue
-Just did the 90k service (have all receipts)
-Wald rear diffuser
-Wald molded / paint matched trunk
-2013 LED headlights, wired as DRL, with clear bra (still look new)
-2014 LED foglights with clear bra (still look new)
-GROM audio upgrade to headunit to allow Apple Carplay / streaming via Lightning cable
-Tint all the way around
-Powder coated gloss black OEM wheels ~2k miles
-245/35 Front 275/30 Rear Michelin Pilot Super sports ~2k miles all still at 9/32 ($1,400+)
-AFE drop in dry filter
-Megan rear camber arms (have stock)
-Megan rear toe arms (have stock)
-Apexi Smart Accel controler
-Eibach lowering springs (have stock)
-Stock exhaust / headers / intake and will pass smog
Old 09-06-16, 10:39 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^^^^^^What are you thinking of going to?
Old 09-06-16, 11:44 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by virulosity
Hi there,
I've been a long time lurker and watching used F prices for a while now and I am ready to make a purchase. There are two options that I am currently looking at, they are both Black 2008s:

Option 1: 104k miles on it, doesn't have the factory wheels and AFS light is on, and it has stolen in the carfax report. I did a pretty thorough test drive and inspection and it looks reasonable for the mileage. I think the AFS an easy fix, and I probably want to upgrade to LED headlights anyways. Dealer wants $19888 firm.

Option 2: 154K miles on it but really immaculately clean. The inner blue LEDs on the gauge needles are burnt out, otherwise its perfect aside from some light rock chips on the hood. Clean history, and the water pump was replaced at 130k miles by a Lexus dealer. Dealer wants $22900 but I talked him into $23000 OTD or around $21300.

If I look at cars with under 100k miles they are well out of my price range and approaching $30k it seems. I don't have much reservations about the high mileage since these are built by the best manufacturer in the world IMHO (I have a 2003 4runner with 235k miles and it runs like new, and all of the cars I drove were excellent in every way).

What would you lean towards?
Thanks in advance for your 2 cents
yeah like everyone else said I wouldn't touch the first one, but the 2nd one sounds like a deal to me. I just came from cali a couple weeks ago because there was a shop there that fixed my burnt out speedo needle led. so that's a cheap $250 fix, I would jump on that second one especially since the water pump was already taken care of
Old 09-07-16, 07:13 AM
virulosity
Rookie

how much does the water pump replacement cost?
Old 09-07-16, 08:43 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
yeah like everyone else said I wouldn't touch the first one, but the 2nd one sounds like a deal to me. I just came from cali a couple weeks ago because there was a shop there that fixed my burnt out speedo needle led. so that's a cheap $250 fix, I would jump on that second one especially since the water pump was already taken care of
I remember a big thread on the LED needles and the only solution was to replace the entire cluster for around 3k(?), I'm curious if a new solution was found and what they did? And I've seen the water pump range from 500-800 OP.
Old 09-07-16, 09:03 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
^^^^^^^^What are you thinking of going to?
Not sure, I was losing interest in the car so I parted out all of the power mods. I may keep it stock as my daily but I've wanted a truck for a few years so I've been trying to find something lifted I'm interested in.

I've also been driving my father's 2013 M5 and I'll be damned if it doesn't make me want a BMW. That twin turbo V8 blows my IS-F away even after the tune / intake / exhaust / headers and his is bone stock. He doesn't want to mod it but if I got one and slapped on a few bolt ons it would be a monster.... But, it's a bit large for my taste and if I had my choice I'd go with a M4.

TL;DR I have no frickin' clue. Need to figure that out.
Old 09-07-16, 09:31 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I think u can find a better deal than both options if u keep looking
Old 09-07-16, 10:19 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ISF led repair gauge cluster service http://www.ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-SERVICE-Lexus-IS250-IS350-IS-F-Gauge-Cluster-Speedometer-Needle-LED-light-/331111281440?fits=Make%3ALexus
Old 09-07-16, 10:30 AM
jdubbsISF
Driver

Buy this one!

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
i'm considering selling my clean title '08 and was thinking of asking for around 26k but i haven't really done the math yet.
I'm in norcal. *just throwing it out there* since most of these mods are what is-f owners end up doing...

-89k miles
-ultrasonic blue
-just did the 90k service (have all receipts)
-wald rear diffuser
-wald molded / paint matched trunk
-2013 led headlights, wired as drl, with clear bra (still look new)
-2014 led foglights with clear bra (still look new)
-grom audio upgrade to headunit to allow apple carplay / streaming via lightning cable
-tint all the way around
-powder coated gloss black oem wheels ~2k miles
-245/35 front 275/30 rear michelin pilot super sports ~2k miles all still at 9/32 ($1,400+)
-afe drop in dry filter
-megan rear camber arms (have stock)
-megan rear toe arms (have stock)
-apexi smart accel controler
-eibach lowering springs (have stock)
-stock exhaust / headers / intake and will pass smog
Old 09-07-16, 11:08 AM
H60Driver
Driver

PMed you about mine
Old 09-07-16, 02:01 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
I remember a big thread on the LED needles and the only solution was to replace the entire cluster for around 3k(?), I'm curious if a new solution was found and what they did? And I've seen the water pump range from 500-800 OP.
a friend of mine pointed me in the direction of a place in socal and they took my cluster out, fixed the LED and both speedo/tach, on reinstalled everything. i was there about 2hrs and they only charged me around $250. looks better than oem if you ask me haha. better than spending 1600 for a new cluster from lexus when my cluster worked fine

I've seen some folks post some place on eBay but i didn't deal with them. this was an electronics repair place in socal in the van nuys area
Old 09-07-16, 02:09 PM
BirgeyT1
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by H60Driver
PMed you about mine
Could you send me some info about your car? I'm in Texas and just starting my search for an ISF
Old 09-07-16, 02:25 PM
foxprime
Pole Position

Definitely pass on these two for the same reasons everyone else just mentioned.
Old 09-07-16, 03:16 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
Not sure, I was losing interest in the car so I parted out all of the power mods. I may keep it stock as my daily but I've wanted a truck for a few years so I've been trying to find something lifted I'm interested in.

I've also been driving my father's 2013 M5 and I'll be damned if it doesn't make me want a BMW. That twin turbo V8 blows my IS-F away even after the tune / intake / exhaust / headers and his is bone stock. He doesn't want to mod it but if I got one and slapped on a few bolt ons it would be a monster.... But, it's a bit large for my taste and if I had my choice I'd go with a M4.

TL;DR I have no frickin' clue. Need to figure that out.
I see, you were tasting the forbidden fruit of a twin turbo V8! Well yea you can't compare a N/A V8 to a blown twin turbo V8 for sure the instant torque is tempting and like crack

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trying to buy a 2008 ISF, need some input from the pros ;)