IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Tune: TTFS or RR Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-16, 09:26 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tune: TTFS or RR Racing

Hello I'm considering the tune. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on these two companies since there the only choices at this moment. What would be the pro's and con's of the tune and or the companies reliability gains etc.... If anyone has any personal experiences please chime in. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by LexISguy; 08-28-16 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-28-16, 10:41 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 2011 with aFe drop in, HPS intake elbow and RRRacing tune and the car sounds a bit angrier to the point that people have said something about it. I still have the stock exhaust but that will be changing very soon. The car almost sounds like it's camming at idle with definite separation in the rumble. When it was stock it sounded like a low 30-35 hz constant bass signal that carried very long distances. In terms of horsepower I do not know. I can tell you car feels more responsive throughout the rpm range and feels more fun. There's a definite positive difference even on essentially a stock car with no exhaust modification. The stock intake side is not restrictive at all with the stock exhaust on the car. I can say some of the extra noise came from the intake elbow for sure.

So far, the car used to feel slow every once in a while before the tune and randomly seemed to feel beastly at others. Now it just feels strong all the time.
Old 08-28-16, 01:58 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I have an '08 F myself with FBO and tune. Not too long ago, a few local IS Fs and myself took to the dyno, with mine achieving 424HP/398TQ. There was definitely more torque gained than hp, which is nice for the lower end of the powerband. I've read a few members who've been able to achieve 430HP+ with FBO and tune, which is really great to hear. It should be noted that our local group has RR Racing tunes, as we purchased them through the preorder group discount.

Both RR Racing and TTFS have tunes that are OBD acessible. I follow both to see if there are any new developments and numbers from members' dyno attempts. I don't really see a con to either tune, to be honest.
Old 08-28-16, 02:47 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

What does FBO stand for?
Old 08-28-16, 02:54 PM
AndrewISF
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
What does FBO stand for?
FaceBook Official...

Just kidding, it's Full Bolt Ons(Headers, Cat-Back Exhaust, Intake)
Old 08-28-16, 03:25 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

HaHa funny...
Old 08-28-16, 04:42 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

TTFS:
- Not active
- No updates
- No tune revisions
- Lack of actual customers who purchased their tune to give feedback (beside me)
- "We tune Porches, Lambos and Bimmers! Oh you got a Lexus... maybe if there's time... but probably not."

RR-Racing:
- Active
- Constant development
- Tune revisions
- Supercharger
- New products
- Dedicated to the Lexus platform

should be a no brainer.

Old 08-28-16, 06:13 PM
samjones
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Tuned by TTFS with their handheld device. No cooling off time between runs other than the 5mins it took to load the tune. The car runs better (quieter) and feels faster as well (proven gains per dyno and not just butt dyno). I'm happy with their tune and their customer service/support.
Current Mods: hps elbow with oem filter, borla cat back exhaust, rr racing oil&air separator

Last edited by samjones; 08-28-16 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-28-16, 06:30 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

RR's support for this platform and their customer service is nothing short of amazing.
Old 08-28-16, 09:26 PM
xSumDumGuy
Rookie

RR racing seems a bit quiet lately and I don't know if they have addressed the people with the higher RPM tune. If not, then thats a problem considering they still have it mentioned as optional on their site and have charged people for it. TTFS as already mentioned is busy with their main demographic.

Other than that, other issues are that unless you live in a similar elevation, etc. to where the tune is developed it's not going to be as good as a custom tune. It's a canned tune which there are plenty of on other platforms (BAMA for mustangs for example) and we don't have custom options at the moment. So it's up to you, but I'm personally waiting.
Old 08-28-16, 09:38 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Have neither tune but I do have a couple rr-racing products, would go with their tune for sure.
Old 08-29-16, 01:39 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

RR-Racing.

They're very active, and soo many ISF owners are running their tune.

If you have any questions, feel free to message RR Racing or myself.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-29-16, 06:19 AM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

RR racing no doubt! I simply say that because of their dedication the the F platform.
Old 08-29-16, 07:14 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by xSumDumGuy
RR racing seems a bit quiet lately and I don't know if they have addressed the people with the higher RPM tune. If not, then thats a problem considering they still have it mentioned as optional on their site and have charged people for it. TTFS as already mentioned is busy with their main demographic.

Other than that, other issues are that unless you live in a similar elevation, etc. to where the tune is developed it's not going to be as good as a custom tune. It's a canned tune which there are plenty of on other platforms (BAMA for mustangs for example) and we don't have custom options at the moment. So it's up to you, but I'm personally waiting.
Well put. Maybe it's because they are finished working with the F and have moved on to the development of the 250/350 platform?! Supercharger information was supposed the be released early August...it'll be Sept in a day or 2. Also, unless I Missed it, not sure if the ever updated us after they upped the boost levels for testing on their supercharged F?! Just makes you wonder if there were/major issues since no updates a major delays.
But for sure I would want everything in order on their end before they start selling the supercharger....so by no means do I, nor anyone else, want the rushing. Updated would be great though!!
I do have RR Racing usrs. Only driven a few miles on it but steering felt great! Quality/feel of the product felt/looked great. They've definitely put in a ton of work into the F platform, just kind of hate to see it slowing down after they soooo many F'ers support!

V.
Old 08-29-16, 07:27 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidtek
TTFS:
- Not active
- No updates
- No tune revisions
- Lack of actual customers who purchased their tune to give feedback (beside me)
- "We tune Porches, Lambos and Bimmers! Oh you got a Lexus... maybe if there's time... but probably not."

RR-Racing:
- Active
- Constant development
- Tune revisions
- Supercharger
- New products
- Dedicated to the Lexus platform

should be a no brainer.
I learned a long time ago not to base judgment off some kind of social network/forum activity. Lots of bull**** on the internet...

Quick Reply: Tune: TTFS or RR Racing