Resale Value: 16 Tacoma vs 14 GS350F

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-16, 05:53 AM
babyzilla
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resale Value: 16 Tacoma vs 14 GS350F

Good morning, peeps.

I drive a 2016 TRD Sport Tacoma, full cab, 4x4, manual right now. I randomly got an itch for an ISF, but I can't seem to find one that fits my requirements. I'm a bit scared they've been thrashed on and there's no warranty left. Also, they're still kind of expensive for how old they are (looking for 2011) but then again that's the great resale value of not only Lexus, but an exclusive vehicle. Anyways, I love lexus and I wanted to know what you guys thought....should I just wait until the right ISF pops up OR should I trade my truck in for a 2014 GS350 RWD F Sport in hopes of buying the new GSF or the ISF (if lexus ever decids to resurrect it) one day. In other words, when I'm ready to get my dream car which do you think would give me better resale value, truck or GS? I just miss driving a fun car. Even if I got the GS I'd still be salty if I saw an ISF pass me lol I'd love to hear what you guys have to say! Thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-16, 06:54 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Get the IS-F, you won't regret it. No "F sport" vehicle can even remotely replicate the fun, power, grace, sound, etc of a real F vehicle. New Tacoma is a nice truck, but I wouldn't be cross shopping it with an IS F.....if you need a truck, get the Tacoma, if not, clearly get the IS F. 5 years from now, the IS F (2011) will still be worth more than the Tacoma, as long as you care for the F like you should.

V.
Old 08-01-16, 07:32 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^ what he said. Also I wouldn't worry much about buying a higher mileage or out of warranty F as long as it has all service records. These cars are absolute tanks, aside from a warrantied water pump(common failure on 08-09) mine is at 101k with just regular maintenance and that seems to be the case for most Fs out there
Old 08-01-16, 11:17 AM
babyzilla
Rookie

Sweet! Thanks for helping me make my emotional decision, guys lol Still looking for the right one!
Old 08-01-16, 11:40 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Tacoma truck is best in their class for resale value, ISF is a totally different class . Where u live are best to have 4x4 truck for winter roads, and if u can afford then keep both ISF and Tacoma lolz best option
Old 08-01-16, 12:45 PM
TheBuyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reny0519
Good morning, peeps.

I drive a 2016 TRD Sport Tacoma, full cab, 4x4, manual right now. I randomly got an itch for an ISF, but I can't seem to find one that fits my requirements. I'm a bit scared they've been thrashed on and there's no warranty left. Also, they're still kind of expensive for how old they are (looking for 2011) but then again that's the great resale value of not only Lexus, but an exclusive vehicle. Anyways, I love lexus and I wanted to know what you guys thought....should I just wait until the right ISF pops up OR should I trade my truck in for a 2014 GS350 RWD F Sport in hopes of buying the new GSF or the ISF (if lexus ever decids to resurrect it) one day. In other words, when I'm ready to get my dream car which do you think would give me better resale value, truck or GS? I just miss driving a fun car. Even if I got the GS I'd still be salty if I saw an ISF pass me lol I'd love to hear what you guys have to say! Thanks in advance.
I purchase vehicles for a living at my dealership, what I can tell you is that your Tacoma will hold its value over the Lexus GS. The GS is a luxury car, while the Tacoma is a truck that can be utilized for work, casual or to haul toys around. There's more of a market for trucks than a Luxury vehicle. I will say that the GS holds its value better than any vehicle in its class. As for the F, I wanted one for years, and it literally took me a year and traveling to a few dealerships far and wide to find the right one. I flew 1200 miles to pick up my F. Be patient, you can find an unmolested one. Don't worry about how much you pay, if you keep up the maintenance the resale value will keep steady for a few years.
Old 08-01-16, 01:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

F sport is a stuffed bra in comparison . More looks than anything and when you push it it will flatten out
Old 08-02-16, 06:06 AM
babyzilla
Rookie

Tacoma truck is best in their class for resale value, ISF is a totally different class . Where u live are best to have 4x4 truck for winter roads, and if u can afford then keep both ISF and Tacoma lolz best option
- Valid point. SIGH if I could I definitely would. For the winter and just hauling crap around it's great, but it's nice to have a luxury car to cruise in. First world problems lol

I purchase vehicles for a living at my dealership, what I can tell you is that your Tacoma will hold its value over the Lexus GS. The GS is a luxury car, while the Tacoma is a truck that can be utilized for work, casual or to haul toys around. There's more of a market for trucks than a Luxury vehicle. I will say that the GS holds its value better than any vehicle in its class. As for the F, I wanted one for years, and it literally took me a year and traveling to a few dealerships far and wide to find the right one. I flew 1200 miles to pick up my F. Be patient, you can find an unmolested one. Don't worry about how much you pay, if you keep up the maintenance the resale value will keep steady for a few years.
- I think this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks a lot for your response!

F sport is a stuffed bra in comparison . More looks than anything and when you push it it will flatten out
- I don't doubt this at all lol it does look beautiful, though!
Old 08-02-16, 12:14 PM
mikha619
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Like the other members mentioned, you will retain ALOT more value in the Tacoma vs the GS. Im a salesman at the Lexus dealer here in SoCal, and sadly, the GS's resale value is one of the worst that Lexus has, (behind the CT). Its hard to understand since the GS is an amazing car, but I would wait for that F! Im in the same boat in terms of finding the right F. Good Luck!
Old 08-02-16, 12:22 PM
babyzilla
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikha619
Like the other members mentioned, you will retain ALOT more value in the Tacoma vs the GS. Im a salesman at the Lexus dealer here in SoCal, and sadly, the GS's resale value is one of the worst that Lexus has, (behind the CT). Its hard to understand since the GS is an amazing car, but I would wait for that F! Im in the same boat in terms of finding the right F. Good Luck!
Thanks for the input! The GS is a great car, so that's odd. It's good to know the same decision is being reinforced among you guys.
I guess I'll stop looking for a GS lol good luck with finding your F as well!!