Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

WTB 2011+ ISF with Sunroof Delete

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-16, 10:04 PM
SpeedAdict
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB 2011+ ISF with Sunroof Delete

I know its a long shot but I thought with the help of forum members my chances will go up slightly.

I am looking for a 2011+ sunroof delete ISF. If you know of one for sale please let me know, or if you have one PM me!

Thanks
Old 07-26-16, 10:43 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I'd love to know the number of F's that were produced without the sunroof (There were only 5,100 +/- F's sold in the U.S.)!? Let alone a 2011+ F without one? Good luck hope you find one, I don't know how you would find one specifically through a narrowed down search, but it any case it will be difficult I would imagine?

Good luck
Old 07-27-16, 05:32 AM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why without a sunroof? Just curious.
Old 07-27-16, 08:07 AM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmt1011
Why without a sunroof? Just curious.
It would way a lot less and have a lower center of gravity. Just those two reasons alone. But then you get no sunroof :P .
Old 07-27-16, 08:47 AM
sedition
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Weigh maybe 40 lbs or so less...2 inches of headroom. Small differences.
Old 07-27-16, 11:34 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I would have been happy to not have a sunroof. Hardly ever use mine anyway. There is way too much wind noise for my liking with the roof open. Also I don't like the glare or the sun beating down on my bald head on bright sunny days!!!
Old 07-27-16, 12:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Im 6'5" and 290lbs and still fit in mine with a helmet. I have never seen or heard of an ISF with the sunroof delete in the US
Old 07-27-16, 12:41 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I would buy one in a heartbeat. There's no way you "fit" in an IS-F at 6'5" with a helmet on in a proper driving position. I am sure you compromising somewhere to fit - or you have a 40" inseam. I am 6'2" with a 33" inseam and have to lean the seat back to get enough room to hold my head up straight while scraping the headliner with my helmet. I have less than a finger width at the proper position with no helmet at all. I sat in an RC-F with a sunroof and could not clear the headliner even without a helmet. I could just fit in an RC-F carbon edition with a helmet because it frees up enough headroom to make the car just big enough.

I seriously thought about the IS-F in Salt Lake City for a track car - sunroof delete, and salvage title would be just fine for a track car. I wonder if it is still out there?
Old 07-27-16, 01:50 PM
makena88
Pole Position

I do remember back in 2008 when I ordered mine I wanted no sunroof. They did build some with no Sunroof but the car would not have navigation (correct me if I'm wrong) Also back in 2008 The IS-F's that were going to Hawaii alot of them did not have the Sunroof/Navi option. Maybe GPS reliabilty in Hawaii back in 2008?
Old 07-27-16, 02:02 PM
DBrian
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Totally agree and i did not realize one could be found without a sunroof when i got my 2012... if I had known this, I too would have looked for one. its a personal preference but i don't like sunroofs any more than convertibles. I never open mine and like someone said, its either too noisy or windy, and all it does it enhance your odds of getting skin cancer on your head.
on the plus side with a delete; you get the lower weight, more headroom as mentioned, plus its one less complex mechanism that you don't have to worry about needing repair down the road. Fortunately Lexus has a good track record but I know other (cheaper) auto manufacturers often have issues with sunroofs leaking over time...
Old 07-27-16, 02:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I would buy one in a heartbeat. There's no way you "fit" in an IS-F at 6'5" with a helmet on in a proper driving position. I am sure you compromising somewhere to fit - or you have a 40" inseam. I am 6'2" with a 33" inseam and have to lean the seat back to get enough room to hold my head up straight while scraping the headliner with my helmet. I have less than a finger width at the proper position with no helmet at all. I sat in an RC-F with a sunroof and could not clear the headliner even without a helmet. I could just fit in an RC-F carbon edition with a helmet because it frees up enough headroom to make the car just big enough.

I seriously thought about the IS-F in Salt Lake City for a track car - sunroof delete, and salvage title would be just fine for a track car. I wonder if it is still out there?
Proper ?? Hell no its not proper, but I fit and make it work. I know Im too tall for the car for the track but luckily my arms are long. I have adapted well and make it work. Just duck a little LOL
Old 07-27-16, 03:22 PM
willstroo
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Im 6'5" and 290lbs and still fit in mine with a helmet. I have never seen or heard of an ISF with the sunroof delete in the US
How the f##k is that possible, Im 6'3 and scrape my head without a helmet?!
Old 07-27-16, 03:25 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Proper ?? Hell no its not proper, but I fit and make it work. I know Im too tall for the car for the track but luckily my arms are long. I have adapted well and make it work. Just duck a little LOL
I think Tammer actually needs the sunroof! Here's a pic of him driving home from a recent track day

-Mike

Old 07-27-16, 05:02 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Lol........... that's hilarious....... sorry I just picture Tammer driving like that on that track for his next video!
Old 07-27-16, 06:52 PM
SpeedAdict
Driver School Candidate

Wow I am quite surprised I got this many replies! Yes I am a huge fan of slicktop cars, I currently own a 4 door slicktop E36 M3 with an LS1! For me there are too many advantages to not look for one when the sunroof will never be used. I also liken them to convertibles.

A sunroof delete was always a standalone option on these cars, regardless of other packages. Problem is most people didnt know about it, and if they did hear about it they wanted the sunroof anyways. You have to think of original buyers of these. There are some out there, but very rare indeed. I honestly think there are a few more than everyone thinks, but they get sold at regular dealerships without anyone realizing it is special.

I have heard from some engineers that on these cars it is actually 55lbs less, and in the best place to lose weight possible. I am also tall and the headroom with a helmet is a big help.

Quick Reply: WTB 2011+ ISF with Sunroof Delete