IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

No love for the F? Anyone else notice this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-16, 06:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I always thought the ISF was a VERY nice looking sedan. Its the bulging hood that makes it look special and they integrated it into the lines of the car very well. To each his own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .
Attached Thumbnails No love for the F?  Anyone else notice this?-dsc05667.jpg   No love for the F?  Anyone else notice this?-dsc05740.jpg  
Old 07-25-16, 06:25 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I always thought the ISF was a VERY nice looking sedan. Its the bulging hood that makes it look special and they integrated it into the lines of the car very well. To each his own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .
I agree. Once I got into Lexus and learned the differences of the exterior of the regular IS and the ISF, I always thought the ISF looked better in terms of its design. The bulgy hood makes it more apparent that it's more muscular than its weaker siblings, and the fenders just flow with the cars looks very well. I'm also a fan of the quad exhaust too, even though it's not a real quad exhaust. But hey you can always fix that with an ISS Forged exhaust
Old 07-25-16, 07:18 PM
jcunc05
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here in Lincoln, NE the F is very rare. Rare enough the Lexus dealerships had no parts for my car. I've received many compliments. Two ladies at two different gas stations loved it. One got out of a brand new Cadi and noticed mine. An old dude pulled along side going 45 and asked if that's got a V8 in it ha. So I gave him a sample of the sound. He replied, "That sounds healthy." I love it but I also love it's under the radar. Especially in little ole, NE.
Old 07-25-16, 09:09 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

I always get compliments. It just means your car is too stock. Time to change that. Ahem.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-25-16, 09:11 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
I always get compliments. It just means your car is too stock. Time to change that. Ahem.

-Josh
Agreed 100% with Josh. This is the point I was trying to make in my post above about the ISF at the car meets I attend. Too stock looking but with some minor cosmetic work I'm sure it would get some attention at least.
Old 07-26-16, 08:41 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
I would gladly accept free donated parts...Ahem LOL
Old 07-26-16, 10:20 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I've gotten a lot of compliments and mine is almost stock. Probably they already knew it's not an average lexus.
Like mentioned above, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This is what I think every time I look at mine.
Old 07-26-16, 01:48 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A lot of reviewers - back when these first got released - hated the domed hood.
Old 07-26-16, 03:53 PM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
A lot of reviewers - back when these first got released - hated the domed hood.
When I was looking around for an IS-F I vividly remember reading this review.

And I bought it loving the Beluga hood, technogarbage.
Attached Thumbnails No love for the F?  Anyone else notice this?-screenshot_20160726-185019.png  
Old 07-26-16, 03:53 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Sweet ride!....now black out that trim
Old 07-26-16, 03:58 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by H1_OFICR
When I was looking around for an IS-F I vividly remember reading this review.

And I bought it loving the Beluga hood, technogarbage.
Wow that review annoys me. Seems like the people that hate on brands just to hate. What's wrong with a starter button?? As for the exterior I understand it's a hate it or love it affair as it is for most cars and even I was disappointed when I found out the tips were fake But I still like the styling of the car. The hood in particular as it looks more bulgy and muscular. And the fenders because they look more aggressive and give the car a wider more sporty look. Like everyone says though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. At least we can all agree on the engine sound though lol.
Old 07-26-16, 04:38 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
Wow that review annoys me. Seems like the people that hate on brands just to hate. What's wrong with a starter button?? As for the exterior I understand it's a hate it or love it affair as it is for most cars and even I was disappointed when I found out the tips were fake But I still like the styling of the car. The hood in particular as it looks more bulgy and muscular. And the fenders because they look more aggressive and give the car a wider more sporty look. Like everyone says though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. At least we can all agree on the engine sound though lol.
Nah, that review is a joke because the F was something new and probably scared the author bc it wasn't cookie cutter. The car is actually quite beautiful, not just in its own way. The whole thing works together, front to back, and not many cars can say that. Hood bulge? I say awesome...why wouldn't a hood bulge be cool?

Last night my my buddy and I walked out from beers and my car was parked one spot away from his car, a new Mazda 6 in black which is actually a decent looking car with some good styling cues. But, next to the F it looked like a boring, bland sedan--nothing about its styling even came close to the F. It just reaffirmed how badass and muscular the F looks.
Old 07-26-16, 04:54 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jz39
Nah, that review is a joke because the F was something new and probably scared the author bc it wasn't cookie cutter. The car is actually quite beautiful, not just in its own way. The whole thing works together, front to back, and not many cars can say that. Hood bulge? I say awesome...why wouldn't a hood bulge be cool?

Last night my my buddy and I walked out from beers and my car was parked one spot away from his car, a new Mazda 6 in black which is actually a decent looking car with some good styling cues. But, next to the F it looked like a boring, bland sedan--nothing about its styling even came close to the F. It just reaffirmed how badass and muscular the F looks.
Yeah you know I find it weird how people mocked the design of the F as just being added "eBay inspired" parts to the original IS design. When BMW basically does the same thing with the M3 only more subtle. I think it's great that Lexus tried to make the ISF stand out more from the regular ISx50 and I think that the only reason why people don't really know about the ISF in general is because of all the attention the M3 got due to the bashing of the Lexus on reviews such as this. But little did people know that the ISF was actually one hell of a car, one that only got better of the years too.
Old 07-26-16, 06:36 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Blame lexus, they have don't a pretty **** poor job flaunting their flagship vehicles. Rarely do I come across someone that knows what the ISF is. They now know what the RCF is, but I haven't heard of anyone outside a Lexus purist find it noteworthy either.

Germans own the super sedan market far as I'm concerned. Not that the Americans don't try, but the bash you over the head power plants they create aren't refined and just one trick ponies for the most part.

A stock ISF can be pretty bland, modded however like mentioned looks mean as hell.
Old 07-26-16, 07:00 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

I haven't really driven my F in about a year now, but can say that the car always gets commented on. Be it the Ultrasonic Blue color or the nice V8 sound it has.

Quick Reply: No love for the F? Anyone else notice this?