IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

No love for the F? Anyone else notice this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-16, 08:24 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Yep, once people experience the car, it becomes beautiful to them, in still pics and all
Old 07-22-16, 09:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

i just got new tires a month ago and had to go back for the typical Discount Tire rebalance ( will also be going back for the biannual wheel repair after they scratched my rear wheel even though I told them to torque it all by hand ....uggghhh) . As I was getting into my car a random guy walks up to me and say " Damn!! Thats a bad mother fu@#$%".

Also a security guard at my office said he caught some kids taking pics of the car .
Old 07-22-16, 09:32 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin727
Try owning Supra's for a number of years. I have more guys swarm to me like magnets then I've had females.. I can count on 1 hand how many females have said something or approached me to comment about my Supras. Everywhere I went with that car it got male attention.. From driving, gas stations, parking, out to eat, etc.

I've gotten plenty of comments on the F though.
+1. Every ricer on the street wants to race. I even had a drunk redneck leaning out the window offering me $100k for my Supra (like he was really serious...ha!). It's whole different experience in the Dawg. At the same time, I didn't buy the F to impress anyone, I bought it to make me happy. It still does.
Old 07-22-16, 09:46 PM
frank1015
Driver

Received 104 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin727
Try owning Supra's for a number of years. I have more guys swarm to me like magnets then I've had females.. I can count on 1 hand how many females have said something or approached me to comment about my Supras. Everywhere I went with that car it got male attention.. From driving, gas stations, parking, out to eat, etc.

I've gotten plenty of comments on the F though.
Agreed... The Supra always created a sausage party... I find that women enjoy the sound of the IS F V8 and are curious... especially when you have the headers/exhaust combo...
Old 07-23-16, 07:55 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

After meeting an RCF owner who did not know the ISF actually existed, this does not come as a shocking surprise.

People just don't know the car. I only had 2 folks back in California who pulled up at the pump and said it was a bad *** car with a 5.0 engine.

I now live in NC, and nobody says anything. Doubt anyone knows what it is. Oh well.
Old 07-23-16, 10:21 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

What is F ? lolz the 1st commercial
Old 07-24-16, 01:57 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up my ISF two months ago and only have gotten a few looks mainly from guys. My Mustang on the other hand have gotten plenty of stares as well as compliments but I feel that's mostly due to the color of my Mustang. I don't buy my cars to impress others but rather myself. So it's a good thing that my ISF flies under the radar most of the time. However, I think that's cause most people don't know what the ISF is or how much it cost when it was new. Most confuse it with a regular IS, and mostly enthusiasts will only recognize the car. My brother has a coworker whose into cars. he has a 335i with a tune making over 400whp. After all these years, he never knew what an ISF was until my brother told him. He always thought that it was the same as the F-Sports.
Old 07-24-16, 03:46 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I guess my point is that even though people don't know what the F is under the sheet metal, it just still doesn't get many props.

Just as as in my first post, the mini van mom didn't know what my G35 was, but it didn't stop her from giving praise.

And as as many of you said, I'm not worried about this fact and that's not why I bought the car either, but I did expect I would get a few more, "that's a bad mother ______" comments
Old 07-24-16, 11:00 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default No love for the F? Anyone else notice this?

I have an IS350 but completely understand what you mean. I go to almost every car meet in my area where big or small and I usually see a silver 08 ish ISF. He gets ZERO attention from people there. While I on the other hand always quickly point out how badass of a car that is to my friends.

To be fair though, the car looks 100% stock exterior wise and even my lowly IS350 gets more attention than his ISF. We're even the same color! LOL! My car doesn't look stock though.. But since the area we're in is full of slammed cars, chambered cars, vip cars etc.. It makes complete sense to me why he gets no attention other than from me and any other 2is owners at the meet and to make it worse, there are hardly ever any other 2IS owners out here at the meets. And if there is, they're usually clueless owners that bought their high mileage IS250 as a status symbol. Smh...

That being said I actually love that the ISF doesn't get attention most of the time. It gives itself a sleeper aspect that Im slowly falling in love with. For sure once I'm done with the IS350 I'm upgrading to an F, and when I do its all go no show!!
Old 07-25-16, 06:45 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 528 Likes on 313 Posts

On the plus side, it's great that the F-brand continues to remain under the radar as it means the owners that do have these vehicles generally know what they truly want in a car (and more than likely are enthusiast drivers) instead of purchasing a high performance luxury vehicle purely as a status symbol (as many clueless owners with big wallets tend to do with other luxury brands that are perceived to have a higher level of prestige).

On the down side, the lack of demand and poor sales for F-model vehicles (particularly with the new GS-F) can create a false impression to Lexus corporate that buyers aren't very interested in these types of vehicles which could hamper the development of future F-models or F-model variants (such as a RC-F Convertible).

Last edited by redspencer; 07-25-16 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-25-16, 10:15 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

all they need to do to put these cars on the map is WIN !!! Win totally and completely. Make a car that will beat the competition on every level. This BS where they keep making F cars that cant beat the Germans mixed with dismal advertising and marketing is the reason there is no love. Just kick the Germans *** like the Americans compete with each other and it will work. When they designed the GT350R it was made specifically to beat the Z28 in every measurable and quantifiable test. WTF does Lexus do?? Lets make a car that is in the neighborhood but always the wrong street. All we have to hide behind is reliability. At least the ISF was close. The RCF was a miss and GSF is laughable when compared to the CTSV. Just another day at Lexus
Old 07-25-16, 01:50 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

I have yellow calipers on my USB; it's low; it's loud...and I get compliments all the time from people across the spectrum.
I straight-face that it's an IS250 with a hemi swap most of the time, so that's fun!
Weird
Old 07-25-16, 03:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
After meeting an RCF owner who did not know the ISF actually existed, this does not come as a shocking surprise.

People just don't know the car. I only had 2 folks back in California who pulled up at the pump and said it was a bad *** car with a 5.0 engine.

I now live in NC, and nobody says anything. Doubt anyone knows what it is. Oh well.

We need to find that F'er and F him up lol LMAO Cant believe someone would drop that much money on a sports car and not even know anything about them or the brand
Old 07-25-16, 05:20 PM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I get lots of stares, but it's because I'm one sexy beast.
Old 07-25-16, 05:34 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jz39
I guess my point is that even though people don't know what the F is under the sheet metal, it just still doesn't get many props.

Just as as in my first post, the mini van mom didn't know what my G35 was, but it didn't stop her from giving praise.

And as as many of you said, I'm not worried about this fact and that's not why I bought the car either, but I did expect I would get a few more, "that's a bad mother ______" comments
To be honest, I feel the ISF is a pretty average looking car and from certain angles it can look hideous IMO, especially with that bulgy hood that makes it look like a beluga whale. It's nice to get stares and thumbs up but in stock mode, I don't think the ISF is gonna get that praise.

Quick Reply: No love for the F? Anyone else notice this?