IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

08 IS F w/ 98,000 mi

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-16, 07:16 PM
fire1067
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was actually planning on offering $21k, no way I'm dropping $26k. It's been sitting at their place a while. So either there's no interest in it or they paid too much to get it and want a return on it.

I have no problem walking out on it. I just saw it online one day and did a little research and it kind of grew on me. Can definitely find something else if they don't want to let it go for the price I'm willing to pay.
Old 07-21-16, 07:26 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by fire1067
Was actually planning on offering $21k, no way I'm dropping $26k. It's been sitting at their place a while. So either there's no interest in it or they paid too much to get it and want a return on it.

I have no problem walking out on it. I just saw it online one day and did a little research and it kind of grew on me. Can definitely find something else if they don't want to let it go for the price I'm willing to pay.
I really think this was sold at the auction in Manhiem pa and it was sold by the owner Mike from world class auto in upper Darby pa on Baltimore pike pretty Shure ,it seems like the same one to be honest lol small world he was asking for 28 think that's why no one bought and he auction it off cuz it was sitting so long but it was clean and I know he owned it for 22k if it's the same one my friend knows him very well and I personally talked to him about it
Old 07-21-16, 07:34 PM
fire1067
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Scott610
I really think this was sold at the auction in Manhiem pa and it was sold by the owner Mike from world class auto in upper Darby pa on Baltimore pike pretty Shure ,it seems like the same one to be honest lol small world he was asking for 28 think that's why no one bought and he auction it off cuz it was sitting so long but it was clean and I know he owned it for 22k if it's the same one my friend knows him very well and I personally talked to him about it
All the dealership services were done at Thompson Lexus in Doylestown, PA according to the service records. Looks like it was sold twice at auto auctions in PA; March 2nd 2015 and April 18th 2016.

Would be interesting if it was the car you're talking about. I'm guessing this IL dealership got it for a decent price. Then again I could be wrong.
Old 07-21-16, 08:01 PM
Scott610
Advanced

All the dealership services were done at Thompson Lexus in Doylestown, PA according to the service records. Looks like it was sold twice at auto auctions in PA; March 2nd 2015 and April 18th 2016.

Would be interesting if it was the car you're talking about. I'm guessing this IL dealership got it for a decent price. Then again I could be wrong.
I'll ask my friend tomorrow and let u know when he auction it off
Old 07-21-16, 08:11 PM
fire1067
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Scott610
I'll ask my friend tomorrow and let u know when he auction it off
Alright, be some good info if he remembers what the other person paid for it. Might have some leverage at the dealership if they don't know that I found out what it went for lol. Not to mention it'd be neat if it was your friends.
Old 07-22-16, 09:09 AM
sedition
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just got a chance to view the service history. 2 times requested to clean bird poop, and I think 3 times to refinish the wheels for scratches. But this one is my favorite:

SERVICE: FRONT/REAR BODY
DESCRIPTION: FRONT/REAR BODY
~|~CUSTOMER STATES A PARKING
PASS HAS FALLEN INBETWEEN THE
ASHTRAY DOOR IN THE CENTER
CONSOLE. INSPECT AND REPORT.

Old 07-22-16, 03:36 PM
fire1067
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sedition
Just got a chance to view the service history. 2 times requested to clean bird poop, and I think 3 times to refinish the wheels for scratches. But this one is my favorite:

SERVICE: FRONT/REAR BODY
DESCRIPTION: FRONT/REAR BODY
~|~CUSTOMER STATES A PARKING
PASS HAS FALLEN INBETWEEN THE
ASHTRAY DOOR IN THE CENTER
CONSOLE. INSPECT AND REPORT.
This lady went to the SC for anything and everything. Hilarious, but also gives me a little reassurance about the condition of the car.
Old 07-22-16, 08:04 PM
Scott610
Advanced

This lady went to the SC for anything and everything. Hilarious, but also gives me a little reassurance about the condition of the car.
Just spoke to him he said it was the one but he don't remember what he auction it for . Funny small world lol but I know he own it for 22k probaly sold it between 19-22k I'm guessing and i believe he sold it at Manhiem auctions but he had it for awhile my guess is that he lost money on it . If u want I can find out the number to his dealership which is called world class and u can call and ask maybe he would tell u
Old 07-24-16, 11:17 AM
fire1067
Driver School Candidate

Decided I'm going to go look at it tomorrow.
Old 07-24-16, 02:56 PM
fire1067
Driver School Candidate

I lied, it was sold last week.
Old 07-24-16, 06:55 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Things happen for a reason take your time bro you'll find one my suggestion is 2010 and up I had a 08 after my brother totaled it I bought a 2011 better all around differential and suspension and interior and less water pump issue and led lights love this car just lost a lot of money from the old one no gap insurance
Old 07-25-16, 10:29 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

When I first started thinking about an ISF a couple of years ago I was looking at the '08's In particular I had long discussions with the owner of a particular car that was relatively higher mileage '08. The asking price was slightly less that the going rate but I was offering less because of the higher mileage. In the end we never did strike a deal. A month or two later I bought a 2012 ISF with very low mileage and over two years bumper to bumper warranty remaining. I paid almost twice the price I was looking to pay for the '08 but in my opinion I got better value for the money. I bought a Lexus CPO, with an incredibly good Lexus financing deal that offset the cash outlay I would have had to pay if I bought the private sale '08 car. I am satisfied with my purchase Moral of the story, there will be other cars and you will find one that suits your wants/needs. Take your time, do your homework and you will be fine.
Old 07-25-16, 10:55 AM
foxprime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the value on KBB?
Old 07-25-16, 01:39 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Offer them 23, take it for 24. Seems like a fine car, especially with one owner, and you will probably have little to nothing to deal with.
Unless you track the car: brakes and tires get expensive
Old 07-25-16, 01:40 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Aww, next time if you're feeling a car just hop on it without talking to us

Quick Reply: 08 IS F w/ 98,000 mi