IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus Tech vs ISF (Dashcam Vid)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-16, 06:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

This is getting a bit to frequent for my comfort. Imagine that the many that we have seen just happened to be the guys with the dash cams. Dashcams are pretty rare for the most part . That means that this is very likely happening a lot more than many of us know, or would even like to imagine
Old 07-20-16, 08:20 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by smt6
Don't do this...
Why not?

No offense to anyone, but nobody will care what is done with our old cars. This stuff happens all the time and nobody here is going to change anything about it.

Take the money and run.
Old 07-21-16, 06:11 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
RedlineAZ told his SA he had a camera and they disconnected it
Exactly why you DO NOT tell them.
But let's face it, unless any of us bought our cars brand new, someone has "abused" or driven the car just as hard, or even harder than we have. No one bought this car (us nor previous owners) to baby around.
BUT, with that said, def doesn't justify that sales advisor beating on something that isn't his. At this point we shouldn't be surprised when this happens. This has been happening for YEARS...and has gotten no better nor any worse. We just have cameras everywhere now catching people doing the things they aren't supposed to.
I've been contemplating grabbing a dash camera for this reason....but I would lose it if I saw/hears this...so goes back to the old saying..."what you don't know, won't hurt you" (sometimes, lol). Alot more to say on this but running shirt on time right now. But look at the bright side OP, he didn't hurt or damage anything... definitely could have been worse. I've seen sales advisors/technicians do much worse. But good luck with whatever you are pursuing compensation wise.

V.
Old 07-21-16, 10:16 PM
GarageB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would publish the video calling out the dealership and the technician. Give the video a simple title, something that can be searched for (DEALSERHIPNAME Lexus Tech Beats On Customers Car).

Then goto their google maps review - leave a negative review, and tell people the title of your video on youtube.

Do the same on their social media pages. Their instagram post comments.

Submit the newly titled video to other Toyota, inifiniti, and lexus forums.

Then submit it to Jalopnik.

They will be contacting you shortly thereafter with the desire to properly resolve the issue.

You do not **** with another mans car. This is 101.
Old 07-21-16, 11:28 PM
smt6
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Why not?

No offense to anyone, but nobody will care what is done with our old cars. This stuff happens all the time and nobody here is going to change anything about it.

Take the money and run.
I care what is done to my "old" car. It may happen often and thus when an opportunity arises where one is caught, the owner needs to set a precedent. If OP plays it right, this will never happen at this dealership again. Your insinuating you would rent your car out to any bum on the street for $300. Not worth it IMO

Old 07-22-16, 07:50 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Why not?

Take the money and run.
I understand your thinking so I'm not bashing you in any way shape or form.

But spending most of my life working in dealers (back end) you are trained and expected to treat someone's vehicle better then your own vehicle. It's called professionalism. As stated the only time a tech should beat on a customers car is if the customer has a concern during those conditions and has given the SA permission to let the tech replicate those concerns under those conditions. We're trained to treat a 1985 clunker the same as we would treat a 2016/17 new car.

This may happen all the time where you're from but if a customer brought this to my attention I would fire the tech no matter if he was a tenured master tech or not. This is not professionalism and we need to start holding ourselves to a higher standard then just letting it happen without repercussions. This holds true on many levels of our society and this is why we have the issue's we're having today on those many different levels.

Old 07-22-16, 07:56 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't agree more.. I don't care if I have a Daewoo. It's my Daewoo and I expect it to be treated with the utmost professionalism.. A perfect example is what happened yesterday when I went to the dealer.. I mentioned to the SA that I have a brand new Tom's diffuser and I would appreciate if they were careful.. He assured me they would. When I got. My car I saw this hanging from my rearview mirror.

It's the little things that can make a difference.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Tech vs ISF (Dashcam Vid)-received_10101763293298353.jpeg  
Old 07-22-16, 08:03 AM
sedition
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Justin727
I understand your thinking so I'm not bashing you in any way shape or form.

But spending most of my life working in dealers (back end) you are trained and expected to treat someone's vehicle better then your own vehicle. It's called professionalism. As stated the only time a tech should beat on a customers car is if the customer has a concern during those conditions and has given the SA permission to let the tech replicate those concerns under those conditions. We're trained to treat a 1985 clunker the same as we would treat a 2016/17 new car.

This may happen all the time where you're from but if a customer brought this to my attention I would fire the tech no matter if he was a tenured master tech or not. This is not professionalism and we need to start holding ourselves to a higher standard then just letting it happen without repercussions. This holds true on many levels of our society and this is why we have the issue's we're having today on those many different levels.
Well said, I agree.

Why not?

Take the money and run.
Not to get too political, but it is this type of worldview of "bad things happen all the time and there's nothing us laymen can do about it" in which pessimism and skepticism can overshadow the power you *do* actually have to make a difference. Historically, we had big changes happen with the rejection of this idea, and it would have been a shame if those individuals didn't take a stand when they did.
Old 07-22-16, 09:15 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

The last four posts collectively nailed it.. It's about professionalism and respecting others & their property. Things that are very much in decline these days.

Now, let's go burn some rubber! (in our own cars, of course)

-Mike

Last edited by mikersoft; 07-22-16 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-22-16, 12:48 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
The last four posts collectively nailed it.. It's about professionalism and respecting others & their property. Things that are very much in decline these days.

Now, let's go burn some rubber! (in our own cars, of course)

-Mike
They sure are in decline, and you can't trust anybody.

This situation has already been brought up to the dealer, the dealer offered to compensate him.

I'd take the money, and never ever go back there and be done with it.

And yes, if someone wants to do what that guy did in my car for 320 bux, I'd let them.
Old 07-22-16, 09:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The dealership Im at knows not to mess with me. They know Im psycho about my car and will speak up. They walk on egg shells around me because I went off a few years back called corporate and did a really nasty online review. We play nice now
Old 07-28-16, 07:40 AM
sedition
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Curious if OP has an update to how he handled the dealership's offer.

Originally Posted by YotaLex

I drive with my dash cam, if anyone was to borrow my car they'd be driving with the dash cam. Lexus isn't exempt. It's hard wired for a reason. It's the eyes and ears of the car, welcome to the future, you actually have to respect people's **** now.... Because your responsible. So no I don't tell them, but the SA mentioned it last visit.

I got an email back from the manager he offered to reimburse me the $320 for the service and mentioned fixing the harness cover like he was doing me a favor lol. Also said he chewed the techs ***.
Might get him to throw in some shirts, hats, pens.... You know cool stuff with Lexus logos on it and call it a day. A warranty would be cool though lol

What do y'all think is fair?
Old 07-28-16, 08:51 AM
smt6
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Side note...just dropped off my car at shop for the first time with a dash cam installed...walked out thinking about this thread and looking forward to reviewing some footage tonight lolol
Old 07-28-16, 09:02 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Anyone have experience with the 2channel (front and rear) Blackvue dashcams?
Old 07-28-16, 03:47 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jum3
Anyone have experience with the 2channel (front and rear) Blackvue dashcams?
I have one what's your question ?

Quick Reply: Lexus Tech vs ISF (Dashcam Vid)