Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What an a$$#0£3!!!
"Its boring"....i hope he gets in trouble....let us know what happens next
Old 07-16-16, 01:58 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Piece of ****. I hope they hang his *** out to dry.

Hearing him hit the limiter over and over is sickening too. It was obvious the idiot was trying to get the rev-match but couldn't.
Old 07-16-16, 04:40 PM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow yet another one wtf. I'm convinced every single F in for recall/maintenance work is taken for a joyride, I mean what else would they test drive in the Lexus lineup??
Old 07-16-16, 10:27 PM
GarageB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id ask the dealer for $3,000 in compensation, and insist on being present when the technician is fired.
Old 07-16-16, 11:02 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by GarageB
Id ask the dealer for $3,000 in compensation, and insist on being present when the technician is fired.
Lol... $3,000 in compensation? how did you arive at that number?
Old 07-16-16, 11:25 PM
V8Lex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every dash cam I've had (I have the Rexxing from Amazon currently) and 2 other generic ones. Make the same start up sound.

Hope he gets canned for this.

Wonder if thats really his bay, you'd hope someone that's been a master tech since 1994 doesn't live at home anymore. I'd expect that from a rookie
Old 07-16-16, 11:27 PM
minator
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Lol... $3,000 in compensation? how did you arive at that number?
$5 for every time he tried to downshift and got the 'no' beep
Old 07-17-16, 12:14 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

classic, I always review my dashcam footage after a service to see if crap like this took place.

goodluck
Old 07-17-16, 04:38 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. I am always skeptic to leave any of my cars at any dealer, or service department for that matter
Old 07-17-16, 11:48 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Im going to start writing down my mileage when I drop my car off. I am doing a full TOMS kit soon and will warn the body shop too that I know the mileage
Old 07-17-16, 09:04 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What do you think his mom made him for dinner?
Old 07-17-16, 09:55 PM
AWilson013
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I always record my mileage when I drop my 4Runner off for an oil change (I do everything else in my garage). Sure, it's just a 17 year old 4Runner, but with the Icon suspension setup, supercharger, exhaust, etc. etc, Toyota techs love it.

I only had ONE issue at the dealership I used to go to. Used to.

While getting the oil changed I was walking around the lot looking at the new cars, just killing time. Imagine my surprise when I heard the very familiar sound of my 4Runner decelerating to the stop light in front of the dealer. I was kinda wondering why he was doing a test drive after an oil change, but didn't think much of it until he started revving the engine at the stop light, bouncing it off the rev-limiter. Light turns green and he floors it, chirping the 33" tires as he crosses the intersection.

I lost my mind on the service adviser and ended up having a free oil change, transmission flush (I was due), power steering flush, and brake fluid flush. He offered my next oil change free as well, but I let him know I would never be back.

And then another time, actually fairly recently, the oil change guy tried to steal my TRD oil cap. Apparently it was worth more than his job to him. Unfortunately for him the service adviser at this dealership was a fellow 4Runner fanatic and had asked me to walk him through all of my modifications prior to the service. When I popped the hood I said something like "And the TRD oil cap- good for AT LEAST 20hp." So when I checked my oil level after the change and noticed it was gone, there were no questions asked. It was sitting on his little tool cart in the service bay and he tried to say it was an accident.

Last edited by AWilson013; 07-17-16 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-17-16, 11:04 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Would love to hear a horrible outcome for this guy. He even said he was gonna floor it if there wasn't a cop behind him. Him going for a test drive is one thing but him obnoxious about it is another thing; showed little concern about your car.
Old 07-18-16, 12:40 AM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, people just have no respect these days, I'm sorry this happened to you. I try and stick around during my services. I can hear my car clear as a bell turn on and move around through the wall in the waiting room, as it is the loudest Lexus in the building. As soon as I hear it leave the service bay I walk outside and watch it be pulled around.
Old 07-18-16, 05:46 AM
YotaLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't really hear it on your phone or speakers.... But with headphones on he rev'd it leaving the service bay, goosed it to the wash bay and rev'd it before he stepped out the car.
He also revs it a little passing the GSF lol?

I know I can't be the only one annoyed by the devilish amounts of times he attempted a down shift. I have been fighting to get in contact, I talked to the manager the day I posted the video here. He said he would review it and get back with me.
I'm giving them a chance before I start my smear campaign. Shooting for the moon as far as reimbursement, I also have an attorney on retainer if it goes that far.

Y'all will be the first to know what happens, thanks for the support.

Quick Reply: Lexus Tech vs ISF (Dashcam Vid)