IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

GA/SC/NC Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-16, 01:08 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Should we coordinate to meet at some hotel or park? Would be nice if it's organized ahead of time.
I was thinking about reaching out to Lexus of Greenville but i dunno. I bought my car from the Porsche dealer right next door and now that I think about, I don't remember them having a whole lot of room. Downtown would be cool. Read that there was a brewery or two. For the guys who are familiar with the area, what's good? Meet up spot and all?

So looks like the 1st weekend in September.
Old 07-09-16, 02:22 PM
ISFHEMS
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm trying to think of a good place we can all meet. Downtown is very difficult to find a place to park, anywhere on Woodruff Rd would be better, lots of restaurants and bigger parking lots and right off of I-85. The parking lot at Hollywood 20 cinemas is big if we have a lot of cars. Twin Peaks is 1/4 mile down the road and has a pretty big lot out the back.

Le Mans karting is only about 3 miles away if anybody is up for that too?

http://lemanskarting.com/greenville/...FcFsGwodaTYI_g

Last edited by ISFHEMS; 07-09-16 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 07-09-16, 04:23 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking it would be cool to meet downtown but agree with ISFHEMS the parking will be tough. We might get lucky and get top level of a garage but it's a gamble.

I think Twin Peaks would be the best spot. Lots of parking options and decent talent. If we wanted to cruise through downtown it's just a short drive. An F caravan down Main would be pretty cool. Carting was on my short list of suggestions also.
Old 07-09-16, 07:25 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

How about the Greenville Hilton?

45 W. Orchard Park Drive
Greenville, SC 29615

Another place I see on the map is the parking lot in the Plaza Green

1117 Woodruff Road
Greenville, SC 29607
Old 07-09-16, 10:43 PM
tpham32
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet, new ISF owner here from NC. I'd be down. I can let some of the other guys I know too.
Old 07-10-16, 05:56 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by tpham32
Sweet, new ISF owner here from NC. I'd be down. I can let some of the other guys I know too.
Cool! What part are you in?!

V.
Old 07-11-16, 06:15 AM
tpham32
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Cool! What part are you in?!

V.
Charlotte, University Area. I was looking at buying Yoel's F, but came across another one lol. Small world.
Old 07-11-16, 07:37 AM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im def down for this. Would be cool to get all the Fs together. Im in the Greenville area as well..Already met 3 guys with Fs....I saw the ISB F at Chic fil a on Woodrufff a few weeks ago but couldn't turn around to see who it was....Lexus of Greenville is inded clueless to a lot , and I would also have to agree that Twin Peaks would be a good spot to meet and enjoy the scenery and the cars..lol.
Old 07-11-16, 07:54 AM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
How about the Greenville Hilton?

45 W. Orchard Park Drive
Greenville, SC 29615

Another place I see on the map is the parking lot in the Plaza Green

1117 Woodruff Road
Greenville, SC 29607
Greenville Hilton has a small lot and traffic is always backed up there making getting in and out a nuisance. The Plaza would work but I say use it as Plan B. If it's too crowded at Twin Peaks we can move to Plaza.
Old 07-11-16, 08:28 AM
zensation
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone...I know that the august cars and coffee of the upstate is at the michelin location in greenville on the morning August 27....We could all meet up and head there together to get a good parking spot together. Then afterwords theres a carolina ale house nearby we could hit up for lunch....what yall think about that?
Old 07-11-16, 08:38 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

I am totally down for twin Peaks. So looks like we have a meet location and backup. As well as lunch lol
Old 07-11-16, 10:13 AM
scruggyj
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be fine. I usually attend the Greenville cars and coffee. However, usually it is in the RX7. I would be fine with meeting there and eating after.
Old 07-11-16, 10:23 AM
scruggyj
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zensation
Hey everyone...I know that the august cars and coffee of the upstate is at the michelin location in greenville on the morning August 27....We could all meet up and head there together to get a good parking spot together. Then afterwords theres a carolina ale house nearby we could hit up for lunch....what yall think about that?
The way thing have been trending at C&C we would have to get there by at least 8am to park together. This event has really exploded.
Old 07-11-16, 11:03 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

If we get a good group of people together I will come and my buddy as well with his rcf.

If not I will be getting charlotte crew to meet monthly for dinner and a few drinks.
Old 07-11-16, 11:24 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zensation
I was thinking September to give ppl a good amount of time to plan. Greenville is a littler over 3 hours drive for me. I have to get in the road around 5 to make that 8 show time for c&c. I dunno, what do y'all think?

Quick Reply: GA/SC/NC Meet