IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Blitz vs. Apexi Throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-16, 04:06 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blitz vs. Apexi Throttle controller

Anyone know if the 2 products have any difference in functions?
Are the 2 just the same? Or 1 is better than the other?
Old 07-05-16, 05:28 AM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Havent used the Blitz before but currently using the Apexi one and rate it highly.

Simple to install and much more of a OEM fit. Visually the average person wouldnt even know its fitted as it has the button for the various modes which fits in one of the blank switch positions vs having a small controller box.

Apexi remembers the last mode you set it on so its simple to use once installed and in purple (boost) and red (throttle) mode, combined with sports, its definitely very noticeable

I believe the Apexi unit has more modes as well
Old 07-05-16, 05:42 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISF5L
Havent used the Blitz before but currently using the Apexi one and rate it highly.

Simple to install and much more of a OEM fit. Visually the average person wouldnt even know its fitted as it has the button for the various modes which fits in one of the blank switch positions vs having a small controller box.

Apexi remembers the last mode you set it on so its simple to use once installed and in purple (boost) and red (throttle) mode, combined with sports, its definitely very noticeable

I believe the Apexi unit has more modes as well
Which mode do you use? It has so many modes some of them i dont know if they work or why they are there...
Im also using apexi,im just wondering if there are any throttle controllers that can do better....it has so many modes i get confuse...i just stay on purple
Old 07-05-16, 06:02 AM
ISF5L
Pole Position

3 eco modes but dont even bother with them. After all thats not why i purchased a throttle controller for lol.

No doubt purple boost on WOT is great, really pushes the envelope for performance, responsiveness, pedal feel and downshifting for maximum speed.

Lately however i find myself using red (throttle) more and thats because i find it a touch less stressful on the transmission, and i tend to use the manual/paddles a bit. I like my exhaust note better when driving this way and when bored i like to use them and red is better in manual mode, responsiveness better.

So its a combo of both purple and red that i use generally
Old 07-05-16, 09:16 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally posted by Ltaboso:

"...i'm just wondering if there are any throttle controllers that can do better..."

There is a better one.

It's your right foot.
The following users liked this post:
Rickna (09-04-20)
Old 07-05-16, 09:01 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I would like to add one to my F but I use my paddles most of the time. Heard that they were pretty cheap.
Can someone tell me if there was some issue with install and reverse. I remember there was something quirky about install

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-05-16 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-05-16, 10:56 PM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I would like to add one to my F but I use my paddles most of the time. Heard that they were pretty cheap.
Can someone tell me if there was some issue with install and reverse. I remember there was something quirky about install
I never hooked up the function where it disables when you put it reverse...i also contacted apexi japan regarding issue through facebook,i double checked if its safe...the person i was talking to said this function is just a safety feature so when go on reverse,the car wouldnt reverse aggressively,it wont damage the transmission,100% safe,just be careful backing up
Old 07-06-16, 04:41 AM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
As someone else mentioned, there is provisions to easily connect it but most dont bother including me lol.

Ive used it for weeks now, reversing several times a day and in some tight carparks etc. Its not an issue at all. If you reverse normally its not an issue. If you reverse like a hoon, maybe not but its not to the point where you reverse and there is a sudden rush of acceleration or anything like that. In reverse not wired up its very controllable
Old 09-03-20, 07:58 PM
Samcnd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchased and installed the Eittar throttle controller.

it's very jerky at higher speeds like 60mph and higher even on lowest setting g of "hight performance" mode??? It's not that jerky driving in city but once I go to highway at higher speed , it's so jerky that I must put it back to normal mode.

Anyone using Apexi or Blitz, do you experience same thing or it's smooth at any speed?

Thank you

Last edited by Samcnd; 09-03-20 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-03-20, 11:33 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Apexi here, smooth at every speed. Awesome mod. I use only the red hi-throttle mode. Personally call it SPORT+ (Of course in combination with manual and sport)
Old 09-04-20, 08:37 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

I have the Apexi as well and its smooth, never had an issue with it and I use red mode.
Old 09-04-20, 01:54 PM
Toprawman
Pit Crew

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

I also have the APEX-I boost controller. I cant speak for the Blitz. But, I love it! Think of it like your adding +2 Eco modes and +2 Sport Modes. If you can find it, I would recommend it.