IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008 USB 40k miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-16, 04:53 PM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 USB 40k miles

While people are allowed to post what they want for price I think this person will have to think better of what he/she is asking
Attached Thumbnails 2008 USB 40k miles-screenshot_2016-06-28-18-40-58.png  
Old 06-28-16, 05:55 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

FWIW - that is more than I paid for a CPO 08 USB with similar mileage over 18 months ago. I have a hard time believing he will be able to get anywhere close to that at this point. $30k would be a lot more realistic, and even then any blemish will just hurt the value.
Old 06-28-16, 06:02 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by STLblueF
FWIW - that is more than I paid for a CPO 08 USB with similar mileage over 18 months ago. I have a hard time believing he will be able to get anywhere close to that at this point. $30k would be a lot more realistic, and even then any blemish will just hurt the value.
I had a rare chance last year to own a USB for $25k had just hit 74k miles from a guy in AZ. He priced i at 28 and asked if he would take 25 and said if it sells I will. But other thigs happened and decided to go a different route as usually I do. I just get hesitant with 08's and some of the quality issues they had can end up costing thousands of dollars as well if they have not been addressed already
Old 06-29-16, 04:42 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My CPO 12 was that much! :-o
Old 06-29-16, 04:53 AM
Milon
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It may be priced high but it all depends on how much someone is willing to pay... I had a friend overpay (by about 2-3k in my opinion) for a 2008 USB since no others were for sale at the time that he could find supposedly...

In any case, he loves the car more than any car he's ever had so he said it was well worth it...
Old 06-29-16, 05:17 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate threads like this one. It seems that there is a lot of new people that want an IS-F and don't like the pricing.

The way I see it the IS-F is a great deal; it was 60k+ brand new, it makes about the same hp as the current generation mustang that cost 32k for a base model. It is reliable, quality is great, direct injected engine and has a transmission that can shift in 100ms.... faster than the dual clutch in the GTR. There were only 5,118 IS-Fs sold in the USA, how many are left? The IS-F is a really rare car is not a mustang, camaro or a vette.

With 40k miles that car is like new it will last you a while. I am afraid that prices are going to start going up when Rafi releases his supercharger. The car being able to last with 500whp on multiple road coarses is a testament that the IS-F is build like a tank.
Old 06-29-16, 06:24 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by juanmedina
I hate threads like this one. It seems that there is a lot of new people that want an IS-F and don't like the pricing.

The way I see it the IS-F is a great deal; it was 60k+ brand new, it makes about the same hp as the current generation mustang that cost 32k for a base model. It is reliable, quality is great, direct injected engine and has a transmission that can shift in 100ms.... faster than the dual clutch in the GTR. There were only 5,118 IS-Fs sold in the USA, how many are left? The IS-F is a really rare car is not a mustang, camaro or a vette.

With 40k miles that car is like new it will last you a while. I am afraid that prices are going to start going up when Rafi releases his supercharger. The car being able to last with 500whp on multiple road coarses is a testament that the IS-F is build like a tank.
I agree with juanmedina. I believe if the buyer feels the price is right, then it's a great buy. The ISF is a pretty rare car. So far, I spotted only 6 in my area and haven't seen any since then. If no second generation ISF are on the way....I can only see our first generation value going up.
Old 06-29-16, 06:33 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Just to compare, I just bought my 08 with 44k miles for $29,XXX. Granted I would have paid a little extra for USB, but not $6k more. Low $30's and that would be a nice car to own, but for that price I'd look for a newer model year.
Old 06-29-16, 07:52 AM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I paid $32k for my '08 Neiman Marcus Edition #6/50 with 36k miles this past October. To me I feel that is more rare than a color and was a good deal.
Old 06-29-16, 09:10 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by idoke1
I agree with juanmedina. I believe if the buyer feels the price is right, then it's a great buy. The ISF is a pretty rare car. So far, I spotted only 6 in my area and haven't seen any since then. If no second generation ISF are on the way....I can only see our first generation value going up.
He may feel the price is right but if you can get an 09,10, or 11 for the same price, same miles why would anyone buy that 08? I just don't see this guy being able to get that kind of money for his 08.

For example here's a 2010 for $30k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...23661684&Log=0

Last edited by Diesel350; 06-29-16 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-29-16, 09:20 AM
hgill02
Driver

Its his car, he can list it for any price he wants. It really just depends on what the buyer wants to pay.

I usually try to buy cars that weren't driven in the snow, that were garaged, and have great maintenance records. etcc. My previous car (09 G8 GT) I probably paid about 2 plus grand more than what others were going for. But when I went to the guys house and saw his corvette, harley and other great cars in his immaculate garage with his extremely detailed maintenance records, I was willing to pay a bit extra because I valued how that car was driven and maintained.

Someone may also pay extra locally so they dont have to fly out to another state to check out the car and then dealing with shipping it. As others have stated, there werent that many ISFs that were made, so I feel the price will continue to rise above the KBB as less and less of these beautiful machines are available. Supply and Demand!!

Its NOT just about the MILEAGE and YEAR.

Last edited by hgill02; 06-29-16 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-29-16, 09:30 AM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mmartin061
I had a rare chance last year to own a USB for $25k had just hit 74k miles from a guy in AZ. He priced i at 28 and asked if he would take 25 and said if it sells I will. But other thigs happened and decided to go a different route as usually I do. I just get hesitant with 08's and some of the quality issues they had can end up costing thousands of dollars as well if they have not been addressed already
Not sure what quality issues you are referencing, it seems to me the issues that are being observed have been seen in several model years. Just add a set of Penskes and a Giken to an 08 and you have a better handling car then a 2014 IS-F.
Old 06-29-16, 10:14 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by hgill02

Its NOT just about the MILEAGE and YEAR.
If all things are equal they are.
Old 06-29-16, 10:17 AM
hgill02
Driver

Originally Posted by Diesel350
If all things are equal they are.
yes but you wont know if all things are equal until you actually check out the car in person (unless its a new car obviously). Hard to tell that just from his post
Old 06-29-16, 12:37 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

I get excited when i see an ISF being sold for higher dollar amounts... and everyone who owns one should to, if they are smart. Everytime a new owner "over pays" for one of these cars, it brings the value of ours up just a bit. I just don't understand how current owners will try to tell potential buyers to pay less. All thats doing is driving the car value down because buyers now have an expectation that they can get this car for cheap. And motivated sellers are willing to drop the price down to those unreal expectations just to move it. In the end, you have people bragging about the great deal they got and the process repeats ultimately driving the prices down further.

Quick Reply: 2008 USB 40k miles