IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What happens to your front tires after swift springs and RR bushings and no alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-16, 01:43 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts
Default What happens to your front tires after swift springs and RR bushings and no alignment

I put on some Nitto Invos last July 2nd to be exact and 11,415 miles later this is what my front tires look like

I put on the RR bushings about a month later after the install of the Nittos and the Swift springs about a month later and with both of them I didn't do an alignment

I'm assuming my toe is off big time and causing what you see in the pics below? Is that considered cupping?

Anyhow lesson learned I am probably going to get some Michelin PSS while they are on sale over the fourth weekend and get a lifetime alignment at Firestone to keep up so I don't have this issue again!

The rears are wearing fine and even but only have 2/32nds left so they didn't last very long but the fronts probably would've lasted another set of rears if I had done an alignment lol.........

If you look at the 3rd pic down on the bottom of the tire you can see the cords starting to show

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 06-28-16 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-28-16, 01:50 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

What sale is Michelin having on the PSS?
Old 06-28-16, 01:58 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Well not Michelin but Discount Tire is with a $100 online rebate + $60 online rebate for the 4th holdiay if you use your Discount cc with 9 months 0%!

So $160 back in rebates and don't have to pay them off till next March
Old 06-28-16, 01:59 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Well not Michelin but Discount Tire is with a $100 online rebate + $60 online rebate for the 4th holdiay if you use your Discount cc with 9 months 0%!

So $160 back in rebates and don't have to pay them off till next March
Awesome. Thanks! I had just found this one:

http://www.tirerack.com/specialoffer...p?promoID=M627
Old 06-28-16, 02:01 PM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think an alignment would resolve the issue. My friend dropped on tein springs and did not do an alignment, 8 months later his front tire inner walls were chewed in
Old 06-28-16, 02:05 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Awesome. Thanks! I had just found this one:

http://www.tirerack.com/specialoffer...p?promoID=M627
Saw that one too, Discount one looks to be the best at this moment unless I can find a better deal elsewhere?
Originally Posted by Zelfiris
I think an alignment would resolve the issue. My friend dropped on tein springs and did not do an alignment, 8 months later his front tire inner walls were chewed in
Sounds like my situation, seeing if someone will chime in with their toe settings for alignment when dropped on Swift springs (1") I'm guessing close to 0.........
Old 06-28-16, 02:08 PM
Kojak77
Driver

I had an alignment done at the dealership after I installed the Swifts and my drivers side front tire looks like that now.

I need to get another alignment soon since I just did coilovers and the RR USRS.
Old 06-28-16, 02:13 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting cause i am also dropped on Tein springs and after just over a year on them, tires wore out evenly, not alignment done after drop either, and i put around 10K on it. Its crazy to think and see that from such a mild drop, it can kill the tires like that, especially the front ones.
Old 06-28-16, 02:14 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^^Damn really? Well I hope the alignment fixes the problem with mine because my driver side front is the worst of the front two as well.
Old 06-28-16, 02:17 PM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFLexy
Interesting cause i am also dropped on Tein springs and after just over a year on them, tires wore out evenly, not alignment done after drop either, and i put around 10K on it. Its crazy to think and see that from such a mild drop, it can kill the tires like that, especially the front ones.
I'll find the photo he sent me and upload it tonight. Its definitely on the extreme side for him
Old 06-28-16, 02:19 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

I wonder if it has anything to do with the stock shocks have about 69k on them? Could that lend itself or exacerbate the issue with shocks with that much mileage and dropped on springs??

Or again is it a toe issue not being set properly at the time of alignment?
Old 06-28-16, 03:25 PM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

I'll find the photo he sent me and upload it tonight. Its definitely on the extreme side for him
Here you go!

Old 06-28-16, 06:37 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on BC coilovers with the Figs LCA bushing and my fronts are getting to that point after 4-5k miles. My driver side is a little worse. I had an alignment done as well when I bought the tires. I'm not sure if its normal for cambered Fs or if it's my alignment.

Old 06-28-16, 07:42 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

My toe was off when I installed usrs
Old 06-28-16, 07:43 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

That's what I'm hoping it might be? What did you set your toe to?

Quick Reply: What happens to your front tires after swift springs and RR bushings and no alignment