Looking for help in finding an ISF

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-16, 09:56 AM
TXdave
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for help in finding an ISF

* please let me know if this is not allowed I will take it down immediately *

First off I saw the new member introudcution post but wasn't sure if it was for ISF owners only. My name is David I'm based out of the Dallas/Fortworth Area here in Texas. Not new to the forum by any means just finally registered as a member. Ive been searching for months now looking for the right ISF. 2012+ White exterior is what I've been looking for, preferably one owner but as long as it's clean it doesn't matter. Milage preferably under 50k miles. At first black interior was fine then thought about white then after owning a 2008 Honda S2000 GPW/ Red Interior... I'm stuck on Red interior. I know this is a pretty rare and tough find but I found one out of California 3 weeks ago, private seller, got approved seller started acting funny and then said "I had second thoughts I'll convince my wife to let me keep it" .... Pretty messed up, I was one click away of buying the plane tickets to go out to purchase the car. So now I've been back on the hunt and again having no luck. Search multiple times a day autotrader/ cars.com/ Craigslist/ trucar/ carguru and this forum. I've even contemplated on buying just any white 2012+ and ordering all OEM red interior but seems like it might be about $6k to do it. Last resort might just be black interior but idk really want to avoid that. If you guys have any leads please lmk, I woukd appreciate it very much. So ready to get into an ISF lol.

Here's pictures of my most recent cars...

Birthday present to myself when I turned 21... CPO 2005 Lexus LS430 UL. Currently daily driver after selling the S2000<br ><br >

2008 S2000 GPW/Red Interior OEM hardtop a few other mods+power mods<br ><br > What made it tough to not want the Red interior on a car after this one <br ><br >

Thanks guys, I appreciate it in advance.
Old 06-23-16, 11:54 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Welcome from the shadows to the forum.

Good luck with your search. 2012 - 2014 MY F's are rare birds indeed no matter the color. Though if you're patient enough you should be able to eventually find one with the SFP (Star Fire Pearl) / red interior combo. I see why you want one.

Just don't expect to pay anywhere near KBB price for one with an unblemished history.
Old 06-23-16, 12:38 PM
TXdave
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I've seen two since I started looking. 1 was at a dealership wanted $50k... I sold in like a week.

The private seller one, I was paying his asking price and he backed out. Then offered $2,000 more over the asking price and he turned it down. Said he wasn't going to sell it because he still wanted to feel young. Lol damn it!

I considered buying a SFP and just doing an interior swap with OEM parts but if I'm right that's like $6,000+ for the swap 😒
Old 06-23-16, 12:54 PM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I looked all over for a 2012 - 2014 white with red interior.

the only one available at the time had a rebuilt title.

CarMax ended up having a 2012 black with a red interior .. I had them ship it .. and they would only hold it 2 days for me .. someone else wanted the car shipped after I had saw it ...

but one drive and it was mine's.

I had been looking for roughly 6 months .. smh .. the red interior is the hardest to come by.
Old 06-23-16, 01:18 PM
TXdave
Driver School Candidate

Dang, black and red is definitely nice too! I just don't think I want another black car... Look so good clean, but very tough to keep clean just have to be delicate when washing... Swirls!

Maybe I'll just buy a SFP with whatever color interior.. And then we could swap 😝
Old 06-23-16, 01:24 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

The last white with red interior isf i saw was in february out of canada. Not sure if it sold or not. I have the sellers name if you want, but not sure if its still available.
Old 06-23-16, 02:02 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Welcome! Your LS looks good!
I'm biased, but I LOVE my SFP with red interior!!! That was the color combo I wanted and didn't want to "settle" for anything else! After over a year looking, I almost "settled" on a black with red interior and found a grey/charcoal one with red interior as well. Finally talked myself out of that as well and continued to wait. One day the perfect one popped up 12 hrs from me!! Less than 2 weeks later I had it here in NC😋😎! Just a rare and mean combo for an F. The USB Fs with red interiors are pretty nice as well.
But searching for a particular color combo in the '12, '13, '14 model year will test your patience and your wallet. No room for negotiation, no time for spare after its listed if you want it... especially if it's a 1 or 2 owner, clean title and carfax, well maintained, and low miles. Good luck with your search!

V.
Old 06-23-16, 07:27 PM
GTX580
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know which ISF youre talking about. I offered him 39k after test driving it. We even have the same lender. The mileage he posted on cl was 39k but the car actually have 49k. He said you were going to fly out and hope I don't buy it.

I felt that that's a fair offer given that the rear tires needed replacement and the milrage adjustment.

Sucks that you didn't get it.
Old 06-23-16, 07:49 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Welcome! Your LS looks good!
I'm biased, but I LOVE my SFP with red interior!!! That was the color combo I wanted and didn't want to "settle" for anything else! After over a year looking, I almost "settled" on a black with red interior and found a grey/charcoal one with red interior as well. Finally talked myself out of that as well and continued to wait. One day the perfect one popped up 12 hrs from me!! Less than 2 weeks later I had it here in NC😋😎! Just a rare and mean combo for an F. The USB Fs with red interiors are pretty nice as well.
But searching for a particular color combo in the '12, '13, '14 model year will test your patience and your wallet. No room for negotiation, no time for spare after its listed if you want it... especially if it's a 1 or 2 owner, clean title and carfax, well maintained, and low miles. Good luck with your search!

V.
Just showing the rarity of the '12, '13, and '14 model year Fs....then, I'm guessing, only about 3-5% of each color (besides the mrm/red F's) came with red interiors. <br >

Last edited by Vitveet; 06-23-16 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-23-16, 07:59 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

2011 is also a good choice.
Old 06-24-16, 04:18 PM
TXdave
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
The last white with red interior isf i saw was in february out of canada. Not sure if it sold or not. I have the sellers name if you want, but not sure if its still available.
Yeah I remember seeing it too. If I recall it was priced fairly. Wasn't too sure about the process of getting it into the states, so I didn't even bother. But I appreciate you looking out 🙏🏽
Old 06-24-16, 04:25 PM
TXdave
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Just showing the rarity of the '12, '13, and '14 model year Fs....then, I'm guessing, only about 3-5% of each color (besides the mrm/red F's) came with red interiors. <br >
Thanks!! It will forsale once I get the ISF. Figured the ISF will fill the void of a sporty & four door car well. And yes I'm active my searching when one pops up I'm ready to buy as long as the deal makes sense and the car is clean. I'm not tire kicking.

I agreed with all you said about. There's a USB with red interior with no nav at a dealership up the street from me but thr no nav is a pass for me and the USB color is very nice but idk if I can jump into a blue car everyday. I've always have either white or black cars. Only thing I've owned out of those two colors was a bright Kawasaki green ZX6R. Although I dig bright loud colors... In this car I think I've got my mind set 100% on SFP. I believe I've seen your car on a post previously 👌🏾 post a current pic! And yeah those percentages are very slim 😒

Last edited by TXdave; 06-24-16 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-24-16, 04:51 PM
TXdave
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ross3857
I know which ISF youre talking about. I offered him 39k after test driving it. We even have the same lender. The mileage he posted on cl was 39k but the car actually have 49k. He said you were going to fly out and hope I don't buy it.

I felt that that's a fair offer given that the rear tires needed replacement and the milrage adjustment.

Sucks that you didn't get it.
Yup that's me! I was praying you buy it lol. He said you were first in line and that you were gonna test drive a tesla and an RS5 before making a decision on the ISF. He said he didn't hear back from you so I was next.

I saw the post and then saw a pic of the ODO and called him out to on that he said it was a mistake on the post and that he would fix it which he did.

The ties he said the fronts were like a month old and the rears where in very good shape and didn't need tires for a while.

I was approved he was very sketchy with talking to my lender when they were asking him for basic info, he kinda wanted to be off the radar on his address I told him I don't need it the bank was asking for it and advised to just talk to them directly if he felt more secure with speaking with them vs me it didn't bother me. Then once everything was settled and his money was ready which I honored his asking price, he was being sketchy on time. Said he was going to get off early from his job and has about an hour for me to look at the car and get to the credit union and do the transaction. Would even give me a ride from the airport lol! Which wasn't a big deal I could get uber but he was wanted to do this on a very tight schedule. I told him I wanted to have the car looked at by a Lexus tech to do a PPI. He advised it was a waste of time and money and the car was clean that he had just taken it in and he said the techs told him it was in great condition. I advised that ok thanks for the input but I'd rather spend $100 and have that piece of mind. At least take a look at the under carriage of the car and look at it myself. I'm not handing over that much money and ship it back across the country with having doubts about it. He finally agreed to it but then said we would be rushed on time. I asked that he would figure out a schedule to get it done and even said I could go on the weekend that he was off. He said that he didn't want to wait that long lol. I told him I could give him a deposit but he declined. I asked if I could do anything to make this easier. Stayed quite for a while then said " sorry I had to show the vehicle to someone else" told him well so much for having his word on it etc. he explained how he wasn't selling it to him just yet just wanted to let me know what was going on and how he was offered more for the car etc etc. I asked what now what he was going to do asked if I would match it I told him I was in it for that much after shipping and airfare to lmk what he was going to do. Texted back later that night said he was going to keep the car and convince his wife to let him keep it. Asked also why he didn't just take the offer from the other guy he said nah the car is holding good value although that money would be nice. Idk if he really had the offer or not, seemed a little fishy. Then tried to weirdly talk me out of buying an ISF lol and explained how his car had a typical ISF alignment pull problem. Idk very odd. I did my research and saw some indeed have issues but can be fixed per one members recommendations. Offer days later to match the offer to the guy and say screw it bite the bullet but he declined and said.. "I want to keep it so I can feel young again."

* not hear to bash on the seller just stating facts on what happen, just a sign of precaution hate to see someone go through the same thing I went through, thank god this happen before I was down there in Cali and coming home empty handed because someone decided to have cold feet last minute *

Btw what did you end up doing? Still did you go with a different car or what?

** wow just realized I type a whole novel here lol!! Sorry guys, just have a lot of free time hanging at the hospital in ICU watching over my old man while he recovers after a serious case of dehydration, it's getting quite hot here in TX **
Old 06-24-16, 04:56 PM
TXdave
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MWIS350
2011 is also a good choice.
It is but I like the 12s+ the updates and the OEM BBS wheels. Seems like they hold their value a little better? Or is it just me. But pretty much the same car it's just my personal preference
Old 07-05-16, 02:30 PM
TXdave
Driver School Candidate

Still actively searching on the daily... 🕵🏽

Btw does anyone here know a member by the name of " pateljit " ? If you do will you please ask him to check his inbox please.

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Looking for help in finding an ISF