SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Those coffee cans make me sad.
Old 06-22-16, 12:07 PM
Max16
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it's my speakers but it sounds raspy ?
Old 06-22-16, 02:41 PM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sub'd! Can't wait to see final product.
Old 06-22-16, 04:29 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
They probably wouldn't if you saw the weight relative to a steel can muffler. In the world of Ti mufflers there are very few choices. 3.5 lbs each.
Originally Posted by Max16
Maybe it's my speakers but it sounds raspy ?
yes it is very raspy right now, one of the things we will be working on. That is an equal length characteristic.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Last edited by FIGS; 06-22-16 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-22-16, 08:06 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
Yeah it looks fugly lol
Old 06-22-16, 09:52 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

"Build it, and they will..."
Old 06-22-16, 10:08 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FIGS
They probably wouldn't if you saw the weight relative to a steel can muffler. In the world of Ti mufflers there are very few choices. 3.5 lbs each.
I can understand that, but the rear end of this car is unique and a characteristic I'd never seek to replace.

What kind of gains are these headers making on a stock exhaust system?
Old 06-22-16, 11:34 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally posted by SubOrbital:

"What kind of gains are these headers making on a stock exhaust system?"

Unknown. The only individual who's dynoed the equal length header (Flowrider) ran 'em with the PPE Dual Mode system.

Irrelevant. The equal length long tube header will not mate with a stock exhaust system.

Moot. The thread is about the exhaust system. Questions about the header should be directed to the manufacturer, who from personal experience is more than happy to do so .
Old 06-23-16, 07:06 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tas02

Moot. The thread is about the exhaust system. Questions about the header should be directed to the manufacturer, who from personal experience is more than happy to do so .
That's funny?
Thread title is "Equal-length header sounds"
Not "Figs TI Exhaust sounds"

Am I missing something (other than we are hearing EL headers with a prototype exhaust?)

If it's okay with OP, I'm gonna post my video of std length EL headers with ISS QES (once installed) in this thread. It would be nice if we could hear how the headers sound with all the different exhaust options out there. If not , I'll just start a new thread.
Old 06-23-16, 07:50 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

I understand the comments around the Ti round cans, but keep in mind we have posted numerous times back in 2009 and 2010 to try and get feedback on what people are really interested in. In the end we stopped working on a new diffuser tip because there was no clear preference. Most customers at the time preferred the stock tips. We have 3d scanned the rear bumper, we have proposed designs. There are a few new ti can mufflers since then but they are all round. For us the nearly 30lb weight savings is extremely meaningful to the performance of this car and during development and experimentation there are always things that may not be aesthetically pleasing .

@IredSF yes I think posting up additional sounds is what this is all about, I am fine with keeping it on topic and having all info in a single place.
Mike

Last edited by FIGS; 06-23-16 at 09:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
IronNam (04-01-19)
Old 06-23-16, 08:58 AM
PearlIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds incredible. Great job on the headers. The cans do look a little funny but love the idea of weight savings. Keep it going.
Old 06-23-16, 09:03 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by IredSF
That's funny?
Thread title is "Equal-length header sounds"
Not "Figs TI Exhaust sounds"

Am I missing something (other than we are hearing EL headers with a prototype exhaust?)

If it's okay with OP, I'm gonna post my video of std length EL headers with ISS QES (once installed) in this thread. It would be nice if we could hear how the headers sound with all the different exhaust options out there. If not , I'll just start a new thread.
When are you getting the shorty version of the EL headers installed? Very interested in hearing hear how it sounds, but maybe more importantly are you going to dyno the headers in a before and after to what you currently have?
Old 06-23-16, 09:10 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tas02

"What kind of gains are these headers making on a stock exhaust system?"

Unknown. The only individual who's dynoed the equal length header (Flowrider) ran 'em with the PPE Dual Mode system.

Irrelevant. The equal length long tube header will not mate with a stock exhaust system.

You're helpful.
Old 06-23-16, 10:00 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FIGS
I understand the comments around the Ti round cans, but keep in mind we have posted numerous times back in 2009 and 2010 to try and get feedback on what people are really interested in. In the end we stopped working on a new diffuser tip because there was no clear preference. Most customers at the time preferred the stock tips. We have 3d scanned the rear bumper, we have proposed designs. There are a few new ti can mufflers since then but they are all round. For us the nearly 30lb weight savings is extremely meaningful to the performance of this car and during development and experimentation there are always things that may not be aesthetically pleasing .

@IredSF yes I think posting up additional sounds is what this is all about, I am fine with keeping it on topic and having all info in a single place.
Mike
Thanks man!
(And I'm still digging the Ohlins EVERY TIME I DRIVE!)
Old 06-23-16, 10:02 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
When are you getting the shorty version of the EL headers installed? Very interested in hearing hear how it sounds, but maybe more importantly are you going to dyno the headers in a before and after to what you currently have?
Should ship this week and install next.
I'm guessing they'll dyno after install. Already have a baseline so should be simple to compare.

Quick Reply: Equal-length header sounds