IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Everone needs to read this!!! Exhaust smell/ML Sound/Remote Start tips!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-16, 09:11 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Would you say using the bluetooth also weakens the sound quality? I've never used an app like the one you have shown above, does that also make a pretty big difference?
App matters only because it will stream at a higher sampling rate than iTunes

Used both happy with both options , Onkyo is the only one that lets me stream FLAC so that's mainly what I use it for and why I use it. Can't really tell AAC on iTunes vs Onkyo.

Hi-Rez isn't really available on iTunes .

Happy with BT vs direct connection via usb. That's why I stream everything BT except for dsd which requires a special Dac and can only be input via analogue input.
Old 05-19-16, 09:12 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

IRedSF. This is awesome.
Old 05-19-16, 09:56 AM
MpKSonic
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Would you say using the bluetooth also weakens the sound quality? I've never used an app like the one you have shown above, does that also make a pretty big difference?
Bluetooth has the bandwidth to handle high quality audio, but like IredSF said, the app that you're using to push the data will dictate the quality.
Old 05-19-16, 10:42 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IredSF, is your ISF 2008?

I have been on radio 99% of the time and maybe that's why my audio quality isn't the best.
Old 05-19-16, 10:44 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zelfiris

I have been on radio 99% of the time and maybe that's why my audio quality isn't the best.
Mine is 2010

ALSO AND IMPORTANTLY....

Settings are tied to and remembered for EACH INPUT.

The systems will remember all the specific settings for each individual input source AND can have DIFFERENT SETTINGS for EACH Input source AND THE SYSTEM WILL REMEMBER THE SPECIFIC SETTINGS FOR EACH SOURCE EVERY TIME YOU SELECT that particular source.
In other words just because you configured settings for BT does NOT MEAN that those settings will be the same for ALL sources. Each one needs to be individually set up although there is nothing stopping you from making all sources have the same settings

BUT YOU HAVE TO CONFIGURE EACH SOURCE INDEPENDENTLY TO DO SO!

So
Fm
Usb
BT
Cd
All have to be configured by you the user

Last edited by IredSF; 05-19-16 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-19-16, 10:52 AM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Zelfiris

Radio has by far been the worst quality for me (reg am/fm). If I listen to music it's always from a DVD concert of some sort in 5.1. That's truly where the ML shines in my opinion.
Old 05-19-16, 11:30 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

normal music, all the staging should be front bias . imagine you are at a orchestra concert. all of the music you hear is in front of you and sounds great. for surround sound with dvds, i change it back to the middle bias.
Old 05-20-16, 06:20 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
normal music, all the staging should be front bias . imagine you are at a orchestra concert. all of the music you hear is in front of you and sounds great. for surround sound with dvds, i change it back to the middle bias.
The problem I have with front biasing, is that the "stage" becomes really small and narrow. The sound seems to loose its stereo separation and I feel like I am listening to an old single speaker car radio. The sound becomes very much immediately in front and in your face. This in my opinion is not what happens in an orchestra concert hall. The concert hall sound fills the hall so that you hear and feel the depth of sound. Surround attempts to provide this sensation but good stereo sound in my opinion does a pretty good job also. I think I still prefer middle to slightly rear bias with surround off for my setup. Admittedly however this is still far below my expectations for a premium car audio such as the ML. For me the search for improved audio continues...
Old 05-20-16, 06:29 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Almost need a company like Bavsound to do a complete car speaker system replacement like they offer for the BMW market. For under a grand they offer complete kits that are tuned to that specific vehicle, pretty sweet. Even offer sub upgrades.
Old 05-20-16, 09:13 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Almost need a company like Bavsound to do a complete car speaker system replacement like they offer for the BMW market. For under a grand they offer complete kits that are tuned to that specific vehicle, pretty sweet. Even offer sub upgrades.
This is smart, being it would not just cover the ISF, it would cover also all IS models. And there a million IS's on the road now. That would be a huge market for a sound company.
Old 05-20-16, 09:15 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by digger08
Just to help anyone out visually.......

Thanks.
But how do you take the rear bumper off? I need instructions, cause I'm the type that easily rips and breaks clips I don't understand.
Old 05-20-16, 09:31 AM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsport2UR
Thanks.
But how do you take the rear bumper off? I need instructions, cause I'm the type that easily rips and breaks clips I don't understand.
no need to take bumper off.. open my thread op has posted.. they are located underneath the left and side trays on your rear trunk.. drivers side is easy to remove and install.. passenger side takes a little bit of effort since it is underneath the amp..
Old 05-20-16, 12:39 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
bluetooth audio in this car is absolutely a degradation over using the aux in or a usb connection. the amount of compression is very evident, unfortunately. however, bluetooth streaming is so convenient!
Old 05-20-16, 12:51 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I disagree, since most of the OEM aux capabilities suck. In theory, it's better, but the hardware doesn't back it up. I noticed in my last several cars that the bluetooth was higher quality.
Old 05-20-16, 02:55 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

u guys are totally nuts lolz

Quick Reply: Everone needs to read this!!! Exhaust smell/ML Sound/Remote Start tips!!!