IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF vs. Audi

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-16, 01:05 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFM
Lexus owners clinging to the reliability card is getting kind of old FYI.
When I'm at the track and see another driver's brand new 1 series M coupe wipers running for no reason when the car is off till it kills the battery makes me stick with my reliable Japanese car.
Old 05-04-16, 01:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
When I'm at the track and see another driver's brand new 1 series M coupe wipers running for no reason when the car is off till it kills the battery makes me stick with my reliable Japanese car.
YUP !! 15 track days in 2 years and she just smiles and asks for more. I'd bet $1000 that you couldnt do 15 track days in an M3 in 2 years and have NOTHING go wrong.

OH I lied. I had a drivers chair that needed to be tightened because it was squeaking. LMAO No competition.

F !!
Old 05-04-16, 01:23 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Would laugh in the face of an S4 owner claiming the F isn't a real sports car, test drove one and it rolls and understeers like crazy in comparison
Old 05-04-16, 03:13 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
That sucks for people that can't work on their own cars, or afford to go to the dealer

But seriously, it's the immediate defense mechanism as soon as german cars are brought up in comparison, pretty weak if you ask me. I own both, wifes Merc has a 100k mile warranty and the M3 has 140k of problem free miles, so we good

I never bagged on Audi at all.. The only issue I had with them is the interior aging faster than the rest of the vehicle. Other than that it was reliable just the usual oil changes.

I can turn wrenches with the best of them. But some times it's the time I don't have to do some things. That's when I use a dealership. For convenience. But you and I both know the average consumer aren't for the most part mechanically inclined especially with anything beyond oil changes and even that now days is above some peoples how to knowledge.

Some people have great ownership stories with german cars. Some people don't. I have a few close friends that will drive nothing else other than BMW and even more that won't touch them again.

Anyhow I have tons of specialty tools from Snap-on etc specifically for Toyota/Lexus vehicles and I just don't feel like having to buy more if I end up with a german vehicle lol. Experienced that already helping a friend with timing chain tensioners and what not on his 2 BMWs.
Old 05-04-16, 03:24 PM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ironically i ran into a 99-03 S6 at a drive through with some stickers against JDM cars. He then hopped the curb after receiving his food. Car sounded good.
Old 05-04-16, 04:20 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

@Justin, wasn't singling u out. But I've been lurking long before I pulled the trigger two days ago, and it's a common theme I've noticed haha. I like all cars, no bias here. Ima a German car lover who bought an ISF
Old 05-04-16, 04:47 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts
Default I work at Audi shhhh!!!!😆😆😆

And everything true about them but there always going to be bad apples for every car brand I see a lot of customers always back for somthing but s6 tune is a monster but the new ones are . But love my isf Lexus All Day
Old 05-04-16, 05:19 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by clochner
Actually, Audi sits atop the latest Consumer Reports survey, and Lexus is at number three. Audi has also ranked in the top five in that same survey for the last several years. So I think you're confusing what may have been Audi's reputation a decade ago for what is actually the case now.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ands/80808192/
hmm, this is a wierd score they are citing, reliabillity AND 'good driving qualities', i'd need to see the actual consumer reports article. i have a hard time believing audi being #1 and bmw 5 in a measure of pure reliability only.

germans engineer great **** with less regards for total cost of ownership and long term reliability compared to japanese counterparts imo. its hammered into the culture at honda and toyota to the point employess literally kill themselves. bmw/merc like to lean more on the performance side of the equation.

here you go, make a sick car, above all else. they do, and then their forums fill up with all kinds of posts about mechanically related problems.

ah, just my opinion ha
Old 05-04-16, 09:24 PM
clochner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scamsel
hmm, this is a wierd score they are citing, reliabillity AND 'good driving qualities', i'd need to see the actual consumer reports article. i have a hard time believing audi being #1 and bmw 5 in a measure of pure reliability only.

germans engineer great **** with less regards for total cost of ownership and long term reliability compared to japanese counterparts imo. its hammered into the culture at honda and toyota to the point employess literally kill themselves. bmw/merc like to lean more on the performance side of the equation.

here you go, make a sick car, above all else. they do, and then their forums fill up with all kinds of posts about mechanically related problems.

ah, just my opinion ha
I'm not sure what else you need. The survey is the survey. Audi leads this year and has been in the top five the past several years. It's ****ing consumer reports lol, and I posted the link. Lexus fell back to number three. Not saying it's bad for Lexus, just that Audi has clearly made huge gains in the consumer survey. Seems simple to me.
Old 05-05-16, 04:51 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Audi is doing better compared to what? Volkswagen? *snickers*
Old 05-05-16, 06:14 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I slaughter Audis on the track. They are slow and they roll like wallowing fat pigs. I look at them as I go through the corner thinking, Why is it that I can see all of his fender liner LMAO
I have to agree with this. Without suspension mods Audis are pigs for the most part. I had a friend with an Audi TT that rolled so bad it was just so hard to control
Old 05-05-16, 07:35 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Agreed, my buddies APR tuned S6 is ridiculous. Not many people can say they run 11's in a luxobarge with the seat massagers running.

I love german cars, they currently outnumber the ISF. Lexus owners clinging to the reliability card is getting kind of old FYI. Did it play a role in buying my DD, yes, but it doesn't trump the performance that the german car makers clearly have a good handle on. Just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I do like the reliability that the is-f offers and it was the number 1 factor in my purchase but I do understand where you are coming from. I think we are looking for Lexus to come out with a world beater which prob will never happen.
Old 05-05-16, 07:37 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by clochner
I'm not sure what else you need. The survey is the survey. Audi leads this year and has been in the top five the past several years. It's ****ing consumer reports lol, and I posted the link. Lexus fell back to number three. Not saying it's bad for Lexus, just that Audi has clearly made huge gains in the consumer survey. Seems simple to me.
Could it have anything to do with their parent company passing out money like there's no tomorrow and giving deals on everything that's not a VW diesel?
Old 05-05-16, 07:47 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FFM
That sucks for people that can't work on their own cars, or afford to go to the dealer

But seriously, it's the immediate defense mechanism as soon as german cars are brought up in comparison, pretty weak if you ask me. I own both, wifes Merc has a 100k mile warranty and the M3 has 140k of problem free miles, so we good
Yeah, you definitely are a Beamer owner through and through.
Old 05-05-16, 08:04 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Why because I am unbiased and can see the pro and cons of every vehicle. I'm not a Lexus homer, thus stroke Toyotas dong for making primarily bland appliances. The ISF though in my opinion is the ultimate daily driver. I'm going to be able to flog this thing for years and thousands of miles care free. But can admit in a heart beat it falls short in performance categories against other cars. Sorry to trigger people :P

Quick Reply: ISF vs. Audi