IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Took the ISF in for a recall, tech takes it for a joyride.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-16, 11:57 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
When I brought in my F for the ELF recall, I'm pretty sure they took my car out and drove it hard. There was an additional 4-5 miles on my odo, and they reset all of my tank averages, but they gave me a full tank of gas. This is when I wish I had a dash cam installed

The battery terminals have to be disconnected to allow the main harness wires to be moved around...
That explains why the values are reset.

Also, 5-10 miles (normal test drive) is fine by me, if the test drive is to make sure nothing is leaking and all was put back together correctly - IMHO..
Soo many things can go wrong on the put back together process.

I also received a FREE TANK of gas from Longo Lexus..

Joe Z
Old 04-13-16, 12:15 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

LEXUS OF WESTMINSTER IS NO LONGER GIVES A FREE TANK OF GAS NOW BASTARD
Old 04-13-16, 12:35 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I will tell you that no one will be driving my car. I just spoke with my inside guy who is a good and close friend. He said he will pull car in, get work done, pull it out and then I will drive to make sure there is no issue. I can just see them destroying my toms lip. Ughhhhhh I would be on channel 9 news after that.
Old 04-13-16, 09:09 PM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
Well I will tell you that no one will be driving my car. I just spoke with my inside guy who is a good and close friend. He said he will pull car in, get work done, pull it out and then I will drive to make sure there is no issue. I can just see them destroying my toms lip. Ughhhhhh I would be on channel 9 news after that.
Haha, this would be me too. I'm going to be very adamant of checking the "before" and "after" mileage with the service writer.
Old 04-14-16, 12:06 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I will admit, I am very hard nosed when it comes to who works on the car and how it is driven when I'm not in the driver seat. But with something as important as the ELF, mainly due to it being a prerequisite to get the car eligible for smog check, which will then allow an owner to get his/her sticker for up to date registration, there are many who are more than apprehensive when it comes to leaving the keys with the dealer.

In regards to my experience, I took pictures of the wiring harness as well as the "mileage in" for when it was going to be worked. Through communication with my service advisor and master tech directly, they made sure there was no monkey business. Telling me the harness broke and that they'd replace it on the spot was mighty great of the dealership, considering the very poor tape jobs we've all seen some dealerships do. In the end, "mileage out" was to be expected, and most importantly, the dealership continued to gain my trust because of the communication and respect for my vehicle. Yes, I am lowered. Yes, aftermarket wheels are present. Yes, I am modified. But that does not give any tech the right to flog the car and abuse it. Bouncing off the redline, fishtailing on public roads....it's like they want to lose their jobs. Fine by me. Weed out the idiot "techs" who think they know the cars and can manhandle them like they do. There needs to be more cases made aware to corporate simply because it really shows a lack of trust in service techs and even advisors at times.

To the OP, I'm glad you came forward and revealed the dealership at fault. I hope there is some recourse for you.
Old 04-15-16, 01:14 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

It looks like an Audi employee just got caught for not only driving reckless but also doing cocaine lol

I think its time to get a dash cam.

Last edited by iH8RICERZ; 04-15-16 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-15-16, 01:52 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks like an Audi employee just got caught for not only driving reckless but also doing cocaine lol

Audi Service Abuse - YouTube

I think its time to get a dash cam.
At least Dr. Rockso "had" a day job for a little while.

Looked like he could've been cheap labor/detailer wannabe
Old 04-16-16, 04:38 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Was it this Audi dealer?

-Mike

Old 04-16-16, 04:59 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jum3
I appreciate how cool headed you are, but just imagine how many other carrs this guy has bounced off red-line.
That's what I'm thinking. He needs to be stopped!!!
Old 04-16-16, 07:19 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

So I have a confession. I wrote an "I'm disappointed" letter to Lexus. In it I spoke of my first experience with "world class" service at my local dealership. I then spoke of the broken plastic piece inside the engine compartment (that I also have from a warranty repair). I finished off with stating how expensive the car was, how nice it is, how I bought the extended warranty only to find out that if something breaks I might have to bring my car in for warranty work to a unscrupulous individual as was exhibited here in this thread.

If I pissed anyone off I'm sorry. The dude broke the law in your car. Granted he wasn't riding around with hookers and blow, but still...

Nothing good came of this as far as I can tell.

Well, except maybe the tech won't be offending against someone else's property again.

Last edited by Bigjon3475; 04-16-16 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-16-16, 09:42 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Here's the Audi Palo Alto video

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/au...-car/84993666/
Old 04-16-16, 11:57 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
wasn't even as bad as RSXiMus. there's no proof it was cocaine. could've been sinus inhaler.
Old 04-16-16, 12:43 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by mindcrime
wasn't even as bad as RSXiMus. there's no proof it was cocaine. could've been sinus inhaler.
Ya he pulled into a empty parking lot for his inhaler......

http://abc7news.com/automotive/man-s...-car-/1294436/
Old 04-18-16, 12:42 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Thanks for the video but wouldn't it be safer and more reliable if you ran your own hot / positive rather then tap into the existing wire?
Old 04-18-16, 01:48 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

^^^^It would certainly be harder. But I used the video as a guide and it worked great for me. I bought the voltage reducer from a seller in China through Amazon, and it tucks inside just fine. I've had no issues. The camera has very low power draw I believe.

Lou

Quick Reply: Took the ISF in for a recall, tech takes it for a joyride.