IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Took the ISF in for a recall, tech takes it for a joyride.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-16, 01:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

F'ing pieces of ****. This garbage is rampant . We just have no idea. He drives kind of like I do but I wouldnt want some douche having fun in my car and burning up my rear tires like that . They sound like oem size. He is probably just getting off on spinning them.
Old 04-08-16, 01:23 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
I take mine to Lexus TO....which guy moved to Oxnard? I usually deal with Jacob

ETA: I've never picked up my car with more than 2 miles on it since dropping it off
Jimi Tu is my friend that moved to Lexus of Oxnard.

Yeah I've dealt with Jacob before at Lexus of TO, he always seemed like he was in a rush though.
Old 04-08-16, 01:28 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by josh810
After hearing about this Im considering getting a dashcam.

Speaking of what brand are you using OP?
Old 04-08-16, 01:42 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin727
Nothing fancy, I have one in my ISF and my wife's RX. They work well and have good footage even at night. Under $100. It also fits nicely behind our mirror, blends in well.

Amazon.com: Rexing V1 2.4" LCD FHD 1080p 170° Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder Car Dash Cam with G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Rexing V1 2.4" LCD FHD 1080p 170° Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder Car Dash Cam with G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording: Car Electronics

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 04-08-16 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-08-16, 01:59 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeap, not cool at all. Specially after reading some stories of techs joyriding and crashing cars and the dealerships not wanting to take responsibility of the damage. I'll be very pissed.
Old 04-08-16, 02:13 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at the bright side - your KCLV is probably up another point with all those pulls.
Old 04-08-16, 02:15 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Meanstreak
Look at the bright side - your KCLV is probably up another point with all those pulls.
Lololololololol
Old 04-08-16, 02:36 PM
foxprime
Pole Position

That's not test driving a car. The tech is definitely abusing it. I would've spoken to his manager and get these jerks fired.

I took mine in for a service recall and noticed the tech drove the car for 6+ miles. Unfortunately I did not have a dash cam...
Old 04-08-16, 02:37 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

does the tech know that you have a dash cam installed, I assume NOT...what a dumb a$$...you should invite the service manager and the tech who did your car and see their reaction...I bet they're sorry...
Old 04-08-16, 03:08 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
So Lexus had been bugging me via calls and letters about taking care of a fan bolt recall that's been issued for my car. A few weeks ago I decided to call and make an appointment to take her in. I normally loath taking my car to the dealership, only for important recalls.

While I was there the service writer asked if there was anything else of concern? I mentioned to him the car has a very slight pull to the right on the freeway since the day I bought it, so maybe have a look at it.

Took my loaner and off I went, get a call about 3 hours later the car was ready. When I picked up my ISF I noticed a 1/4 tank of gas was used up. I came home and pulled the video footage from my dash cam and it looks like the tech was having a bit too much fun.

Here are some highlights from his "test drive", there was a lot more footage even one where he sat in the car idling for about 1 hour during his whole lunch break.

Anyways, I'm not even really upset about it. I mean I've driven my car more aggressively but it's a little concerning seeing somebody else flog her around. Anyway guys, enjoy the video. Keep this in mind the next time you take your ISF's in for work if you're OCD about your baby. No harm done, thank goodness.

Lexus tech taking the ISF for a joyride - YouTube

That looks an awful lot like leverage. Save the video somewhere safe. The next time something goes wrong with the car and Lexus pushes back show them the video. Just make sure they know what happened while they were suppose to be taking care of your car
Old 04-08-16, 03:14 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Couldn't find anything wrong with the steering but there does seem to be a peculiar slipping that occurs when both turning the wheel and pushing the gas to WOT and it seems to occur in first, second and third gears.
Old 04-08-16, 03:21 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Lexus of Oxnard

well that sucks....good thing I live in Agoura/Calabasas.

the woodland hills lexus tried jacking me for like $500 on a service bc they thought I didn't know anything.

Thousand oaks lexus is good tho.

thanks for the heads up and sry for the experience
Old 04-08-16, 03:45 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Im sorry to see this man...I'm from Vta County and have been at that dlr once, would never go back there on my life. Oxnard Lexus sux...totally shady bas-Tards in service AND sales.
Old 04-08-16, 03:53 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin727
I've got this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0003-_-Product

Hardwired to the mirror. Good Reviews and only cost me 50 bux when I bought it a couple of months ago. Works Great, but I can't see the screen when I wear polarized sun glasses

As for the OP, I'd be pissed BIG TIME!

Lou
Old 04-08-16, 04:04 PM
gtrevels
Driver School Candidate

The video is pretty cool. Kind of like a "behind the scenes" video.
However, I wouldn't be too happy with the person bouncing off the rev limiter multiple times. I learned how to avoid doing that so I certainly wouldn't want others doing it. Especially when they don't have your permission to abuse your car. That person doesn't have respect for the property of others. They probably shouldn't be in a position to joyride cars. Their supervisor should be made aware of how the vehicle was treated. I wouldn't want to get the person fired, but the supervisor should be informed and they can decide how to handle the situation.

I wouldn't want an oil change or free tank of fuel (dealership trust issues for me). I would want merchandise instead. Maybe Lexus ball cap, golf shirt, fancy pen, etc. But I am sure the service manager would be willing to accommodate you.

You have the power now!! You can play it however you wish.

gtr

Quick Reply: Took the ISF in for a recall, tech takes it for a joyride.