IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Have around $4k to spend, what mods to get???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-16, 09:16 AM
hgill02
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have around $4k to spend, what mods to get???

So after almost selling my car a while back and then deciding against it, I am finally at the point where I want to put some mods on it AGAIN.

Previous Mods: i had the Joe Z exhaust and intake and thought the car sounded awesome.

Current state: all stock, daily driven around town (hardly sees any freeway action and not tracked). I think the car already has a good amount of power, but definitely needs MOAR LOUD!!!!.

1). I was thinking about getting the H&S exhaust that was announced, but still don't know when that will be available or how the build quality will be (I know the Joe Z is like **** for all the mechanics that have seen it).

OR

2). Joe Z exhaust/intake & PPE Headers with HFC (cant deal with the gas smell as I drive with windows down most of the time).

OR

4). Something else. I am open to suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails Have around k to spend, what mods to get???-20160325_191357.jpg   Have around k to spend, what mods to get???-img_0261.jpg  

Last edited by hgill02; 04-07-16 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-07-16, 09:30 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Does your $4k budget include labor? If not, I highly recommend the PPE Dual Mode Exhaust and Headers.

You want loud? In "race mode" the valves are opened, it basically exits straight through the bottom outlet like a straight pipe! Freaking loud and badass!

Then flip the switch to "wife mode" and vacuum operated control valves close the bottom exit and exhaust is routed through cambers similar to factory, car goes back to almost stock sounding.

Figure about roughly $3000 for the exhaust+high flow cats, another $1500 or so for the PPE headers and you're a little over budget but sooo worth it.

Look into the RR Racing tune down the line for an extra 15-20whp up top but with a big kick in the midrange.
Old 04-07-16, 09:38 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

PERFORMANCE 1ST AND THEN
Old 04-07-16, 09:47 AM
hgill02
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Does your $4k budget include labor? If not, I highly recommend the PPE Dual Mode Exhaust and Headers.

You want loud? In "race mode" the valves are opened, it basically exits straight through the bottom outlet like a straight pipe! Freaking loud and badass!

Then flip the switch to "wife mode" and vacuum operated control valves close the bottom exit and exhaust is routed through cambers similar to factory, car goes back to almost stock sounding.

Figure about roughly $3000 for the exhaust+high flow cats, another $1500 or so for the PPE headers and you're a little over budget but sooo worth it.

Look into the RR Racing tune down the line for an extra 15-20whp up top but with a big kick in the midrange.
Budget is $4k ish (can go up a little bit if needed). I have thought about the PPE exhaust, but there hasn't been many members that have had it, so not sure how good it really is or if its worth the $3k price tag. Also My wife doesn't even like being in the isf now (with it being stock), so I dont see her ever getting in the F after the mods, so not sure if I need to ability to tone down the noise (more noise = better ). With that said, not sure if $3k for the PPE exhaust would be worth it?
Old 04-07-16, 09:57 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

tune...and wheels...they make a big difference on looks obviously...or tune and lip and diffuser
Old 04-07-16, 10:03 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Get headers then decide if it's loud enough or not then go from there. At least u get 30-35rwhp with it
Old 04-07-16, 10:11 AM
hgill02
Driver

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Get headers then decide if it's loud enough or not then go from there. At least u get 30-35rwhp with it
I have watched some youtube vids of ISFs with headers only and didn't think it was that loud. Having previously owned two modded G8's, I dont mind the car being loud.

This was my slightly less loud of the two g8s, so lets bring on some noise on this ISF

Old 04-07-16, 10:11 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

• Headers, tune, and single-mode exhaust;
  • Wheels, tires, and tune;
  • Tune and dual-mode exhaust.
Old 04-07-16, 10:14 AM
hgill02
Driver

Originally Posted by kings222
tune...and wheels...they make a big difference on looks obviously...or tune and lip and diffuser
I already have a lip on the car and have thought about doing wheels and diffuser. If I just get an exhaust only, then will look into wheels/tune/diffuser since exhaust by itself wont eat up the whole budget (not going for a super expensive exhaust like greddy).
Old 04-07-16, 10:15 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's unfortunate, but nice wheels with good tires will eat up all of a $4K. e.g. Volk or HRE with appropriate sized MPSS.
Old 04-07-16, 10:21 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

H&S Exhaust!!! I'll get you that pricing by hopefully Monday! You know you want MOAR LOUD! You'll still have enough for headers too.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-07-16, 10:29 AM
hgill02
Driver

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
It's unfortunate, but nice wheels with good tires will eat up all of a $4K. e.g. Volk or HRE with appropriate sized MPSS.
As much as I want to get a set of Volks, they woud literally eat up the entire budget. Will have to wait on wheels for a little while.

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
H&S Exhaust!!! I'll get you that pricing by hopefully Monday! You know you want MOAR LOUD! You'll still have enough for headers too.

-Josh
Josh,

Pricing I know will be around the $2k mark (give or take). Do you know when the exhaust will actually be available if you get people willing to pay on Monday after the price details on official. I know its really on H&S to produce and ship it out (which will take some time since its coming from the UK). Damn it where was I when patience was being handed out. lol

Last edited by hgill02; 04-07-16 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-07-16, 10:31 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by hgill02
As much as I want to get a set of Volks, they woud literally eat up the entire budget. Will have to wait on wheels for a little while.

Josh,

Pricing I know will be around the $2k mark (give or take). Do you know when the exhaust will actually be available if you get people willing to pay on Monday after the price details on official. I know its really on H&S to produce and ship it out (which will take some time since its coming from the UK). Damn it where was out when patience was being handed out. lol
I have a good 4-5 people for sure on board for the exhaust. I'd say exhaust development should take a month or two to be shipped here after the pricing date.. I'll find out for sure.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-07-16, 10:34 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Have to agree with RSXiMUS. The new PPE dual mode exhaust is incredible. The sound , the craftsmanship and performance is top notch. Matched with the PPE headers I can guarantee you will never rethink your decision.
1-855-998-8726
Old 04-07-16, 10:40 AM
hgill02
Driver

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
Have to agree with RSXiMUS. The new PPE dual mode exhaust is incredible. The sound , the craftsmanship and performance is top notch. Matched with the PPE headers I can guarantee you will never rethink your decision.
If I did not have a need to tone down the noise, would I get the same results from the ppe dual mode exhaust with race mufflers versus the dual mode mufflers?

Quick Reply: Have around $4k to spend, what mods to get???