IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Equal Length, Long Tube Headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-16, 01:19 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

^^^^^^^^^
The long tube header does not "require you to replace your existing exhaust (aftermarket or otherwise)." It does require modification to the existing system, and it's an easy mod any exhaust shop should be able to do.

PPE & Sikky already produce compromised short tube headers for our cars. This is a chance to get real deal, long tube equal length headers produced that will significantly increase power production.

Forget the audio clips, Lou, and instead show us some dyno charts or drag timeslips after you install a tuned ecm.

Dennis (past & hopefully future PPE customer)
Old 05-02-16, 01:30 PM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When will these be available?
Old 05-02-16, 07:11 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tas02
^^^^^^^^^
The long tube header does not "require you to replace your existing exhaust (aftermarket or otherwise)." It does require modification to the existing system, and it's an easy mod any exhaust shop should be able to do.

PPE & Sikky already produce compromised short tube headers for our cars. This is a chance to get real deal, long tube equal length headers produced that will significantly increase power production.

Forget the audio clips, Lou, and instead show us some dyno charts or drag timeslips after you install a tuned ecm.

Dennis (past & hopefully future PPE customer)
Well in at least several posts it says ppe only then goes on to say will fit with mods (as in cutting the flanges ) so not sure we're your certainty comes from. Here's hoping you are correct.

Fact is shorty headers fit no cutting, I think you know that.

He did a dyno (no tune) and either tied or lost depending on tires and wheels .

You got your dyno, please don't poopoo my sound clip request. It's a greater unknown than they dyno at this point.

My cash is just as good as yours and I actually won't not mind (along with quite a few others I reckon) to be even or slightly down on power and pay a $2000 dollar premium as long as I can get my slice of EL exhaust header sound heaven.

After all it's the SOUND most of us are making are request for .

(Else spend $1500 vs $3500 on the existing shorty UEL headers and get same or more power at this point.)

Not flaming ya, just asking for what I'm after, same as you.

Peace
Old 05-02-16, 09:22 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

It's all good.

For the record, I wasn't poopooing your request for sound clips. What I was poopooing is your request for a short tube version.

You are correct, sound is important as well. I'll certainly listen to any sound clips multiple times. I already know it will sound better (to me) than the UEL PPEs currently on my car.

I also know that, however it sounds, I still want to put a set of the ultimate headers on my car. Not something that's already been done (for the RCF or by Novel), but a true maximum performance setup to compliment additional power upgrades being developed (like RRRacing's supercharger kit).

All the best.
Old 05-03-16, 06:13 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

great post Lou! thanks for sharing. I'm wondering if LT could increase power when coupled with a tune
Old 05-03-16, 06:15 AM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tas02
It's all good

All the best.
To you as well

Since we have a decent amount of interest from more than a few folks, does anyone know how to investigate a group buy for these? I'm betting you'd have at least 15-20 folks that are interested and serious enough to put down deposits (you can count me in on that group).

If we are at prototype stage seems reasonable to get first buyers for initial production run.

Figs, you listening? I've got my deposit handy.
Old 05-04-16, 06:48 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

H Guys,

We are still in the development stage. We have only one set so far. FIGS is getting a set for testing soon as well.

The long tube headers will require you to either modify your current exhaust front pipes, or if you have our exhaust, we have bolt on front pipes that can be purchased.

We also have the shorter equal length headers that are the same as the RCF headers, with a different outlet flange. They will bolt up to any aftermarket exhaust or the stock exhaust. These we have only test fitted on the ISF, we do not have any on the road yet. They are the same price as the RCF headers. If anyone is interested in these for their ISF, email me.

I will see if I can get Lou to bring his car up so we can do some more sound clips. I am sure Figs will have some sound clips as well.
The following users liked this post:
Rossi (01-22-17)
Old 05-04-16, 08:02 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you PPE. Great to hear that you're moving ahead with the long tube design. Will be eagerly watching for further updates.
Old 05-05-16, 07:30 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally need to hear these in person, I feel that the videos don't do any justice.
Old 05-05-16, 11:59 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders
H Guys,

We are still in the development stage. We have only one set so far. FIGS is getting a set for testing soon as well.

The long tube headers will require you to either modify your current exhaust front pipes, or if you have our exhaust, we have bolt on front pipes that can be purchased.

We also have the shorter equal length headers that are the same as the RCF headers, with a different outlet flange. They will bolt up to any aftermarket exhaust or the stock exhaust. These we have only test fitted on the ISF, we do not have any on the road yet. They are the same price as the RCF headers. If anyone is interested in these for their ISF, email me.

I will see if I can get Lou to bring his car up so we can do some more sound clips. I am sure Figs will have some sound clips as well.
Thanks for the update! - As far as the front pipes if we already have a PPE exhaust (I have ppe dual mode) , would we just need to transfer our exhaust cats over to the new front pipes?
Old 05-05-16, 12:32 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PPEHeaders
H Guys,

Message sent, I am interested in the shorter setup!

In addition to my others questions in my message. Would this require any exhaust modifications like the like the long tubes?
Old 05-05-16, 12:47 PM
IredSF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kauaian
Message sent, I am interested in the shorter setup!

In addition to my others questions in my message. Would this require any exhaust modifications like the like the long tubes?

Ditto, short tubes for me as well.
PM sent
Old 05-05-16, 01:02 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by kauaian
No, the ISF modified version of the RCF EL Header is a bolt on with no exhaust mods required.

Lou
Old 05-05-16, 02:05 PM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Decisions decisions guess i gotta just wait it out!
Old 05-06-16, 08:13 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

If someone in the Bay Area of NorCal gets a set of these, let me know! I really want to hear them in person!!

Quick Reply: PPE Equal Length, Long Tube Headers