IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

The Fastest Track on the WEST. THE BIG WILLOW SPRINGS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 09:38 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Wow, only a couple seconds behind Andretti & Mansell!! Way to go!

-Mike

Old 04-05-16, 09:40 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!
Old 04-05-16, 12:33 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by slowIST
Looks like you had fun! Great job out there.

Decreasing radius turn 9, thats always a fun one. My passenger helmet visor was foggy.

Streets of willow is still my personal favorite, ran clockwise.
yeah i did run clockwise...alot of spin outs, and one roll over when i went...specially at the chicane...oh yeah, the famous turn 9...lol... they were telling us that take a late apex on that section, but your brain is trained to take an early turn, coz thats how scary it is...they said its a practice...i agree. I always take an early apex every time i get to that section even though i told my self.." take a late apex...next lap..over and over..."

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Fast drivers in fast cars run around 1:35 for SCCA ITx cars. Fast drivers in race cars run right at 1:06. If you are not used to triple digit speeds, Big Willow will scare the crap out of you. It is a VERY fast track, and only the ovals would be considered faster. Any of the ovals with infield will not be this fast. Big congrats for going and coming home in one piece!

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/page.php?id=11
thanks lance, yeah its very scary. i feel like im going to lose control of the car coz of high speed...coming out of turn 9 i was doing 130, but i dont want to push it anymore, coz turn 1 can be tricky
Originally Posted by mikersoft
Wow, only a couple seconds behind Andretti & Mansell!! Way to go!

-Mike

thanks for putting my name on there, now i feel like a real race car driver... not quite there yet... not even a couple of second, more like a minute or two...
Old 04-05-16, 01:06 PM
Eedo123
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome clips, can't wait to see some more this summer. I agree completely with you about the IS-F and small technical tracks. This car is a track car, but it has the glaring weakness of being heavy, and it takes a big circuit to really put this car through its paces and show what it can really do. I am excited to go this summer to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park for the first time, that's where the F will shine. Anyways, seriously cool to see some track days coming from Willow Springs, and if you can hit up Laguna Seca and give us some of that footage, it would be ammaazingg. Keep up the driving!
Old 04-05-16, 04:44 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Eedo123
Awesome clips, can't wait to see some more this summer. I agree completely with you about the IS-F and small technical tracks. This car is a track car, but it has the glaring weakness of being heavy, and it takes a big circuit to really put this car through its paces and show what it can really do. I am excited to go this summer to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park for the first time, that's where the F will shine. Anyways, seriously cool to see some track days coming from Willow Springs, and if you can hit up Laguna Seca and give us some of that footage, it would be ammaazingg. Keep up the driving!
Thanks bro, and yes its awesome to be excited when you're about to hit the race track... prepping the car and etc...just learn the drive line first and then when you get comfortable unleash the beast......I think thats where the F belongs, high speed tracks with great technicals, I like the autoclub speedway coz of the rover section and somewhat technicalities, but its hard to compare it to Big Willow...If I'll rank the three tracks that i've been to, Big Willow, then autoclub speedway and then streets of willow. Laguna Seca will be awesome though, but my schedule is pretty tight, thats why i just do local stuff, maybe someday..
Old 04-05-16, 06:19 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Laguna used to be stupid fast, then they turned Turn 1 into a hairpin and totally changed the track forever. Bill Huth's track (Willow Springs) is still the track where you need steel ***** if you want to run with the big dogs.
Old 04-05-16, 08:46 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

^^^^lol...I wish my ***** were steel, when I came off the track on turn 4, I couldn't find my *****.......I agree though, a lot big dogs at that track...BTW I was the only lexus there, and one and only F