IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

DYNOJET RR Racing Tune with Baseline! Here it is guys...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-16, 03:53 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default DYNOJET RR Racing Tune with Baseline! Here it is guys...

So I was supposed to get dyno'd next week because Specialty Z was booked up and I wanted to give my ECU a little more time to learn. My Knock Correction Level Value was currently at 20.6, to be optimized for power it should be 22+ according to Rafi.

Today I get a call from them saying they have a spot open around noon. I took the drive there and figured once on the dyno, doing those 6th gear pulls should bring the KCLV up in no time....boy was I right. Each successive pull raised the KCLV, till finally my 4th pull the value was over 22.

All this was on CA 91 Gas. Specialty Z uses a DynoJet which is where I baselined my car stock on.

Stock it made 348whp, 335tq on this dyno. Which is right where an average ISF should dyno stock from what I gathered.

Anyways, my current setup today was PPE Headers and Exhaust, JoeZ Pipe/Drop in Filter, RR Racing tune and High Flow Cats! Done in 6th gear.

And the results....?

416WHP and 391WTQ with cats on! From what I gather on the forums, the high flow cats are costing me about 8-10whp so I'm assuming if I was catless, it would be closer to 430whp.

There you have it guys, this tune is awesome and I really want to thank Rafi from RR Racing for making it happen. I always dreamt of breaking 400whp with cats, to pull these numbers today, I'm more than ecstatic.

Oh and for those who are curious, the other pulls were 411whp, 412whp and finally the 416whp. All with only 5 minute cool downs in between since they had another client waiting to get his car tuned.

Here is the chart of today's pull vs. my stock baseline. It's crazy to think I've gained almost 70whp with just bolt-ons and tune while still retaining cats..

Strapped up and ready to rock.

Vid

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 03-30-16 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-29-16, 04:00 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Excellent!
Old 03-29-16, 04:04 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

AWESOME! Now this is a HUGE improvement over stock! For sure if you went catless, you would definitely be at around 430+ whp.
Old 03-29-16, 04:06 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah , seem about right , with out cat u gain about 8 to 10 whp MORE
Old 03-29-16, 04:10 PM
kiryu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! That's a big jump on torque

how much generally is people pulling with headers and catback only?

Trying to understand how much gain is the tune generating...thanks!
Old 03-29-16, 04:12 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
So I was supposed to get dyno'd next week because Specialty Z was booked up and I wanted to give my ECU a little more time to learn. My Knock Correction Level Value was currently at 20.6, to be optimized for power it should be 22+ according to Rafi.

Today I get a call from them saying they have a spot open around noon. I took the drive there and figured once on the dyno, doing those 6th gear pulls should bring the KCLV up in no time....boy was I right. Each successive pull raised the KCLV, till finally my 4th pull the value was over 22.

All this was on CA 91 Gas. Specialty Z uses a DynoJet which is where I baselined my car stock on.

Stock it made 348whp, 335tq on this dyno. Which is right where an average ISF should dyno stock from what I gathered.

Anyways, my current setup today was PPE Headers and Exhaust, JoeZ Pipe/Drop in Filter, RR Racing tune and High Flow Cats! Done in 6th gear.

And the results....?

416WHP and 391WTQ with cats on! From what I gather on the forums, the high flow cats are costing me about 8-10whp so I'm assuming if I was catless, it would be closer to 430whp.

There you have it guys, this tune is awesome and I really want to thank Rafi from RR Racing for making it happen. I always dreamt of breaking 400whp with cats, to pull these numbers today, I'm more than ecstatic.

Oh and for those who are curious, the other pulls were 411whp, 412whp and finally the 416whp. All with only 5 minute cool downs in between since they had another client waiting to get his GT-R tuned.

Here is the chart of today's pull vs. my stock baseline. It's crazy to think I've gained almost 70whp with just bolt-ons and tune.

Strapped up and ready to rock.

Great results! Using "SAE" correction (this is what we use) vs. "STD" correction, you would be at around 405whp "SAE". Those are excellent numbers considering you have cats on. Without cats you would be at exactly 410-412whp "SAE" which is exactly what we would expect with your mods.

With our new intake which we are releasing in a few weeks you can take that up to about 420-423whp SAE.

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 03-29-16 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-29-16, 04:25 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Great results! Using "SAE" correction (this is what we use) vs. "STD" correction, you would be at around 405whp "SAE". Those are excellent numbers considering you have cats on. Without cats you would be at exactly 410-412whp "SAE" which is exactly what we would expect with your mods.

With our new intake which we are releasing in a few weeks you can take that up to about 420-423whp SAE.

-Rafi
Thanks Rafi, yeah I asked them to show me the SAE numbers and it was actually 408whp, but since I did the baseline using STD correction, I wanted to use the same correction method to show the delta between stock and FBO + tune.
Old 03-29-16, 04:26 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time and money to do this. Glad to see more positive results for the tune. Enjoy all that extra TQ - it must feel like a completely different beast than before. Also glad to see the KCLV value going up 👍
Old 03-29-16, 04:28 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just FYI they should be able to go back and apply SAE correction to the original run files also. It doesn't have to be done on the fly. All the data is stored in the .drf file to switch to any of the available correction factors / smoothing.
Old 03-29-16, 05:24 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Very nice numbers!!!
Old 03-29-16, 05:48 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Well, whos ready to put in some orders?!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-29-16, 08:44 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to see positive results. Seems like the doubters have gone quite.
Old 03-29-16, 09:02 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see these results! I can't wait for the TUNE.
Old 03-29-16, 09:24 PM
MR2QIK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting, but the total gain can be attributed to a combination of changes/modifications, of which the RRRacing tune is a component. Do you have a base run before the tune but with all the other mods?

I want to see more results (other than what RRRacing posted or in the original thread). That would demonstrate the improvement in isolation.
Old 03-29-16, 09:36 PM
josh810
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for providing us with a dyno based results that this tune is in fact working. We know that dynos are not free, and this clearly paves the way for anyone looking to purchase RR Racing tune.

Quick Reply: DYNOJET RR Racing Tune with Baseline! Here it is guys...