IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-16, 02:05 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Smile I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!

Now I have not called the Wold Book of Records and checked ,but I am pretty sure there is a solid chance I might have this one in the bag guys and if not one of the top 3 in the world easily. How can I be confident? #1 I have videos of my track time #2 I live in a place that allows me to do this year round ( easier said than done to do the amount I have done in the relatively short period) #3 I am a man on a mission and a serious F'er Today's sessions at Arizona Motor Sports Park marks a very important event. TODAY MARKS THE DAY I HAVE COMPLETED 14 TRACK DAYS, ON 6 DIFFERENT RACE TRACKS, IN 2 DIFFERENT STATES , IN UNDER 2 YEARS !!!

Here is a list of the track events that I did after I purchased the car on 2/9/14

1. 4/5/14 Wild Horse Pass West Track

2. 5/31/14 Wild Horse Pass West Track

3. 10/11/14 INDE Motorsports Ranch

4. 11/15/14 Arizona Motor Sports Park

5. 11/24/14 Wild Horse Pass East Track

6. 2/7/15 Arizona Motor Sports Park

7. 6/20/15 Wild Horse Pass East Track

8. 8/5/15 Wild Horse Pass East Track ( Summer track addicts event )

9. 10/31/15 Wild Horse Pass West ( new HRE wheels )

10. 11/14/15 Arizona Motor Sports Park

11. 11/27/15 Wild Horse Pass Main/ Bondurant course

12. 2/21/16 Wild Horse Pass East Track

13. 3/19/16 Chuckwalla Valley Raceway ( California )

14. 3/26/16 Arizona Motor Sports Park

I bought my IS-F on 2/9/14. The adventure on the track began on 4/5/14 ( less than 8 weeks after buying the car while most are still in the honey moon phase). Today's date is 3/26/16. I thought the first track date was on 4/15/14 and I was set to do track day #15 at Wild Horse Pass Main track on 4/16/16, which would have made it 15 TRACK DAYS ON A HAIR OVER 2 YEARS.

I sold my amazing LS460 with beautiful 22" wheels because I wanted to head to the track to go a step further. I wanted to REALLY learn how to drive. The interest, like many, was always there. I had even read a half dozen books on track driving and driving technique, BUT no real world experience . This was probably one of the best decisions of my life. I have discovered something that I truly love to do and love to share. Its something that makes me feel like I have been on vacation , even after sleeping 5 hours the night before ,and not eating or drinking in the hot AZ sun for 6-7 hours. I go to work smiling and my staff can tell. In fact when I got back from Chuckwalla last week one of my new staff said, " Oh looks like he went racing !! He's got a tan and a smile !". I could rent a beach house in San Diego and chill for a week and not come back feeling as excited or relaxed. I drove 500 miles round trip to drive 40 minutes at Chuckwalla and felt energized and excited ,and I would do it over in a second.

I know it's cliche to say, but this truly is addictive. It changes you. I used to **** and moan over every little scratch and paint chip with my other cars. I would lose sleep over rattles and slight noise. With the F, I have learned it is a race car not a show car. In fact my wife told me that when I started to notice my first.....we'll call them .....battle scars ( chips, glass damage, etc) She said, " You want a race car, or do you want a show car". RACE CAR IT IS, BABY !!!!!!

Honestly I drive the car hard but I maintain the car meticulously every 5k miles at the dealer and do all the dealer recommended services. Lexus has truly built a remarkable machine here . This vehicle is so robust, well engineered, and powerful. In terms of overall balance and usability I still cant think of another car I would want that can literally, in the same day, hit the track, get a wash, then take the kids to Cheesecake Factory and a kid's movie ,and then take me to work on Monday ( and get me there on time with no issues ). We are all very fortunate to own these cars. I think some may realize it more than others.

I have come a long way in terms of driving skill and can confidently say that. And I will continue to learn and sharpen the skills and reflexes as I continue my track work and learning. Any good driver knows there is still plenty to learn. I truly look forward to continuing the journey and sharing it with my fellow F'ers, and my kids. In fact today was also a very cool and special day because today was the first time my kids, who are 4 and 6, came to the track to watch their dad drive on the track. My wife brought them down and had one on her shoulders and the other on her hip as I went around. They must have brought me good luck because my best lap time in session 1 was the third fastest lap of all the laps for all the drivers in the first session. In session 2 I dropped to #7 but still pretty damn happy considering the lap list was almost 200 laps long. Ambient temps in the first session were in the low 80s but 2 hours later we were already in the high 80s.

I really wanted to thank all of the CL members, and especially the "track F'ers" like RR Racing, Compthis, Mikersoft, ZaxF, torxuvin (cam) , Lobux racer and the rest of the track guys who have helped me, guided me, gave me tips, answered constant PMs about wheel questions and tons of other things.( and who I am probably forgetting because it's like 2:00 am in the morning and I have been up since 5am yesterday for the track day )

I decided to share this because I thought it was something we could all celebrate. If you own an IS-F.....KEEP IT !!! You are lucky. The only thing I would very strongly advise would be to use it !! Take it and try the track just once. Owning a ISF and never taking it to the track is like being Superman but refusing to save anyone or do any good deeds ( j/k to each his own. I can't ever stop making jokes ) It will be the best $160-$200 ( could be higher ) you have spent in a while. And to boot what you will probably find is that the people at the track are almost as enjoyable to be around as driving on the track. I find it to be such a cool environment. Everyone is so laid back , helpful, and egos are always put aside. People help one another with everything from repairs to how to enter and exit a particular corner, to even what pads and oil to use. It really is like a brotherhood , and rather than directly competing out there, we are all there to learn to become better drivers. It makes for an great environment and unique experience.

I hate to say something cliche again, but if I can do it anyone can. I have no real technical experience , I don't do maintenance, and I used to ask questions like " why does the car shift so harsh in sport", because I thought something was wrong with the car coming from an LS460. You don't need to be a mechanic, engineer, or a grease monkey to get out there and try. You will donate tires , brakes, gas, and entry fee to the track God's but in return you will reach car guy Nirvana. Plus that its nothing compared to the thrill. I promise !!

Here are the videos from today at Arizona Motor Sports Park!!

sorry about and bad language I'm sure most of us don't have virgin ears. BTW Harry's Lap timer failed to set up in session and was beeping to tell me that. That's where the beep is coming from in the video and why I dropped two wheels on the straight Made the mistake of looking down to check to see if it was running while on a straight . Woopsie !!!

IF YOU GUYS WANT TO CHECK OUT THE 55 VIDEOS I HAVE OR TO CHECK OUT THE JOURNEY FROM NOVICE DRIVER TO A MORE SEASONED INTERMEDIATE DRIVER CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL :
F THE TRACK !!! IS-F TRACK DAY CHANNEL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwq...KSpKo_DJaG58Gw

Subscribe if you like what you see. There is more to come and 55 videos for you to check out if interested !! And click like on any videos you like. Feel free to ask questions in the comment section at the bottom .

Thanks , Club Lexus.

F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-10154188_652160880129_1032122537889907607_n_2.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_8799.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_8834.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_3304.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_4533.jpg  

I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-373372d1446779326-wild-horse-pass-west-track-day-with-the-new-255-295-yokohama-ad08rs-and-hre-wh.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-12195897_906279652740783_8829316220911031555_n.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_1473.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_4255.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_4309.jpg  

I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_3306.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_4701.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_4712.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_4721.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_9991.jpg  

I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_9980.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-mar-19-2016-speed-ventures-orange-turn-4-1135am-jcb_8244_mar1916_by_gg-caliphoto.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-img_0015.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-mar-19-2016-speed-ventures-orange-turn-4-1135am-jcb_8276_mar1916_by_gg-caliphoto.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-mar-19-2016-speed-ventures-orange-turn-12-920am-jcb_6842_mar1916_by_gg-caliphoto.jpg  

I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-mar-19-2016-speed-ventures-orange-turn-12-920am-jcb_6884_mar1916_by_gg-caliphoto.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-mar-19-2016-speed-ventures-orange-turn-13-the-bowl-920am-jcb_6734_mar1916_by_gg-caliphoto.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-mar-19-2016-speed-ventures-orange-turns-8-and-9-1135am-jcb_8130_mar1916_by_gg-caliphoto.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-mar-19-2016-speed-ventures-orange-turns-8-and-9-1135am-jcb_8148_mar1916_by_gg-caliphoto.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-mar-19-2016-speed-ventures-orange-turn-4-1135am-jcb_8275_mar1916_by_gg-caliphoto.jpg  

I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-12065675_901865809848834_3402389593290855490_n.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 03-29-16 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-27-16, 09:07 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Congrats buddy! You win a cookie!

Seriously, that's very cool.
Old 03-27-16, 09:18 AM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can we share a cookie? I've got 15 trackdays on my '14 IS350F in less than 1 year and in 4 different states.

High-fives for all!
Old 03-27-16, 09:25 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

You can try writing an email to Lexus Corporate regarding your track day endeavors and maybe they'll feature an article about you and your IS-F on a future issue of their Beyond By Lexus magazine or on their Lexus Facebook/Twitter feed.

http://www.lexus-int.com/magazine/
Old 03-27-16, 11:19 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rickna
Congrats buddy! You win a cookie!

Seriously, that's very cool.
Thanks buddy !!
I think its the coolest thing since sliced bread

Originally Posted by ExSrAaron
Can we share a cookie? I've got 15 trackdays on my '14 IS350F in less than 1 year and in 4 different states.

High-fives for all!
post video......the cookie is all mine. ISF is not a 350F sport and Im calling BS too
Originally Posted by redspencer
You can try writing an email to Lexus Corporate regarding your track day endeavors and maybe they'll feature an article about you and your IS-F on a future issue of their Beyond By Lexus magazine or on their Lexus Facebook/Twitter feed.

redspencer that is a amazing idea. LMAO Because you know Club Lexus doesnt give a damn. They would rather feature a 2IS with a 3IS bumper conversion and a set of lowering springs. And they wonder why Lexus has the performance rep that it does. Its kind of laughable. You guys ever see the crap they post on Facebook ?

I want to thank the guys who will respond and celebrate this with me, in advance. I know there are a lot of haters out there. A lot !

Even if you never hit the track its amazing to at least know that the car you are driving can and will hold up flawlessly. Lexus truly created something very special for the world. But its still in the dark. I'm on a mission to illuminate what the marketing team failed to do. Show the world the real world performance of the IS-F out of the box, and by a driver who has little to no technical knowledge or mechanical background in terms of repairs and maintenance
Old 03-27-16, 11:24 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome Tammer, anything I can do to help brother. It would be great if we can do a track day together!
Old 03-27-16, 11:35 AM
Dnfwm
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Honestly man, keep up the good work! I actually enjoy watching your vids! I think it's fun to watch the almost 4,000 pound isf doing battle with vettes,vipers. Porsches etc.

I live in a cold climate and can not track all year round, so this year I am going to try to make the best of it. There are 5 events this year locally and I plan on doing them all. I might come into the u.s and try a couple as well. The closest major track to me in the U.S. Is Brainerd International Raceway which is known as the fastest track in the U.S. It has a mile long straight going into a banked first turn. Talk about fun.

The closest track to us is an hour north. We have a 1.2 mile track in Gimli, Manitoba and that's where my 5 events will be done this year.
Old 03-27-16, 11:52 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by redspencer

I just shared my story with Lexus . Thanks buddy !
Old 03-27-16, 12:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

added a couple of pics of the guy actually doing all the driving and paying for it all . Mr Lexual chocolate !
Attached Thumbnails I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294966515.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo434.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294967181.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294967058.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294966617.jpg  

I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294966300.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294966588.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294967262.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo934.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294966408.jpg  

I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo811.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294966996.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo884.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294967099.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo650.jpg  

I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294967003.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo590.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo756.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294966328.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294967073.jpg  

I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294966811.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo606.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo604.jpg   I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!-photo4294966825.jpg  
Old 03-27-16, 12:33 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

congratulation man, well done
Old 03-27-16, 12:56 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the shout out buddy! You've put all of us other track stars to shame! I'm stoked at how much better you are behind the wheel and love watching your progression from novice to advanced! I need to stop making excuses and get scheduled for the next few events around here to get on your F-I got level! Great work my friend, keep it up!
Old 03-27-16, 01:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Compthis
That's awesome Tammer, anything I can do to help brother. It would be great if we can do a track day together!
PM sent. Thanks my friend. Your videos are inspirational by the way.

Originally Posted by Dnfwm
Honestly man, keep up the good work! I actually enjoy watching your vids! I think it's fun to watch the almost 4,000 pound isf doing battle with vettes,vipers. Porsches etc.

I live in a cold climate and can not track all year round, so this year I am going to try to make the best of it. There are 5 events this year locally and I plan on doing them all. I might come into the u.s and try a couple as well. The closest major track to me in the U.S. Is Brainerd International Raceway which is known as the fastest track in the U.S. It has a mile long straight going into a banked first turn. Talk about fun.

The closest track to us is an hour north. We have a 1.2 mile track in Gimli, Manitoba and that's where my 5 events will be done this year.
AWESOME !!!! and thanks. I hope you get a chance to do them all. Its so much fun !!!Please share the videos with the rest of us and the track F'ers. They always inspire others to join i the fun
Originally Posted by blackisF08
congratulation man, well done
Thanks bud. Im excited.

F THE TRACK !!!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwq...KSpKo_DJaG58Gw
Old 03-27-16, 01:22 PM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR

post video......the cookie is all mine. ISF is not a 350F sport and Im calling BS too

Even if you never hit the track its amazing to at least know that the car you are driving can and will hold up flawlessly. Lexus truly created something very special for the world. But its still in the dark. I'm on a mission to illuminate what the marketing team failed to do. Show the world the real world performance of the IS-F out of the box, and by a driver who has little to no technical knowledge or mechanical background in terms of repairs and maintenance
All my events are on youtube already. Come out to the green side of the country and let's see how they match up.

Lexus has created some very capable cars over the last 10 years, but so has the competition. Unfortunately not many owners take full advantage of it. There's something to be said when you can do 10+ trackdays without breaking parts too. Now that's reliability to me.
Old 03-27-16, 03:42 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Love the picture of the shredded rubber!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-27-16, 04:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZaxF
Thanks for the shout out buddy! You've put all of us other track stars to shame! I'm stoked at how much better you are behind the wheel and love watching your progression from novice to advanced! I need to stop making excuses and get scheduled for the next few events around here to get on your F-I got level! Great work my friend, keep it up!
Thanks buddy. That means a lot coming from a track F'er like yourself. It is not so easy when the kids are still so young. Mine are still 4 and 6 and I was very lucky this weekend in having my wife bring them down to the track. It meant a lot for them to see me drive. All in time. You little ones are still tiny. God bless them . I wish I had the coils and even the headers sometimes. Im sure it would just amp things up a bit I know I am going to get there at some point. I am afraid of headers but I think I will get to the point where I finally spring for coils. What set do you have Zach?

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Love the picture of the shredded rubber!

-Josh
I have to head down to the garage right now for the standard 90 minute wipe down, gloss enhancer, interior wipe down and tire dressing. I dropped my right tires while on a back straight and it looks like I went off roading on the sidewalls. The tires and brakes took a beating this weekend. When I backed her in after I rinsed her with distilled water I saw something hanging off the right side of the rear bumper and it was a 6" strip of melted rubber. It was crazy, when you try to tear it its like tearing a tire. I can only imagine how hot they got. The pics of the pieces in my hand were taken off the inside of just my front wheels

Quick Reply: I8AMBR sets likely private owner Lexus IS-F track day WORLD RECORD !!!