IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus ISF all listed way above KBB retail?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-16, 09:43 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
They're selling 10K off MSRP already and the RCF was $73k and they're selling for $52k with 10k miles. I'm guessing a year......if.
You can't even compare it to the RC-F. The GS-F production numbers will be much lower than the RC-F and depreciation will be much slower. You'll be waiting along time to find one in the $60's by then I'm sure you will have changed your mind 10 times before finding something else to drive.
Old 04-22-16, 10:18 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have seen more GS-Fs that RC-Fs
Old 04-22-16, 11:36 AM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Supply and demand. Same goes for 1st gen NSX and supra. You get the point. Specialty car. And also integra type R
Old 04-22-16, 12:09 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yoitskenn
Supply and demand. Same goes for 1st gen NSX and supra. You get the point. Specialty car. And also integra type R
Toyota Supra - Never replaced, no equiv, no similar competitor car in price range
NSX - Replacement double the cost
Integra - I don't get this haha

ISF - GSF for slightly more money, more HP, safer, FAR more updated

To each their own, but personally I'd take a GSF all day every day over an ISF in a similar price range....hell even within $20k
Old 04-22-16, 12:11 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Toyota Supra - Never replaced, no equiv, no similar competitor car in price range
NSX - Replacement double the cost
Integra - I don't get this haha

ISF - GSF for slightly more money, more HP, safer, FAR more updated

To each their own, but personally I'd take a GSF all day every day over an ISF in a similar price range....hell even within $20k
Congrats, looks like the GSF is your next car. Problem solved.
Old 04-22-16, 12:31 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Congrats, looks like the GSF is your next car. Problem solved.
When the GSF is under $60k, let me know
Old 04-23-16, 01:36 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Bought M235i.. Great car, hope its reliable Got it fully loaded with M-performance LSD and 2nd set of wheels with performance winters

Last edited by lobuxracer; 04-23-16 at 03:34 PM. Reason: No selling in the main forums
Old 04-23-16, 09:04 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

When the GSF is under $60k, let me know
The 2012's ISF are in the mid 40's with the mileage you're seeking.

The 2011's you might get lucky.

Forget the GS-F, it's going to be a while.

These are exclusive cars, these aren't the ES350's the dealers are selling like hot cakes. The dealers won't budge on them.

Here are some real world examples from the past:

Lexus of Beverly Hills: "I don't think the IS-F is the right car for you"

Lexus of Bellevue, WA: "Go buy it at xxxxxxxxxxx, that's a great deal, we don't sell that car for this much here".

Makes me laugh everytime I recall those ISF hunting days. At the end, I opted for a brand new car and paid 61+tax. No regrets.
Old 04-23-16, 11:23 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

From what I read, this is my opinion about this thread so far:

1. F owners are a bunch of nice guys, if these "non-F" owners were to do the same thing in other special car forums, claiming their cars should be priced at or below KBB, they would have been flamed long ago.

2. Who goes by KBB ect for rare and special vehicles? This is not a Toyota Camry.

3. Of all the super sedans of it's era, (M3, C63, ISF, CTS-V), the ISF is by far the best choice to own long term, also seems to be the rarest and soon enough the value should rise even further.

4. These "non-F" owners complain the ISF's will not sell and will sit at those dealerships pricing them over KBB. Honestly, I don't think the dealerships are in that much of a rush to sell their ISF, especially if it's a clean, stock low mileage sample. They would just put it in the showroom and wait for right buyer, if anything it would be a good promotion piece for their customers, to showcase the car that started the F performance division with a nice little history behind it.

True story, when I purchased my ISF nearly 2 years ago, it was the only car they kept in the showroom at the Lexus dealership, while doing my paperwork I saw no less than 5 people walking around it, checking it out and having much curiosity about this "special" vehicle.

5. If you "potential" shoppers are looking to score at deal at KBB or less, I think you'll have better luck trying to find another more common car. As an F owner, I appreciate it if you guys just move along and buy BMW's or whatever instead, it's a bit annoying watching the same people jumping into every ISF price discussion threads and yelling they are "overpriced" and such...VERY annoying.

I'm sure you guys can score an ISF for a good deal if you looked long enough, same with any other high performance special car, but most likely will have some sort of "history" (damage or modified) or would need a lot of reconditioning to bring it back to great shape.
Very well stated. When I bought my '13 in November of '14, it had exactly 7032 miles on the clock. It was quite pristine and the asking price was $49,900. It was exactly 12 months since the original owner had purchased it.

I ended up paying $44k for it, and to be honest, I never looked up any 'book' value on the car. In the preceding two years I had looked at so many cars that were priced between $35-$55k (none of which were as clean as mine, and ALL of them had more mileage), that I knew I had found 'the one'.

I too want a fair deal, but I also want the cleanest, low mile vehicle I can find. I honestly don't know if what I paid was close to any Kelly Blue Book value (or any other vehicle pricing 'authority') or not, and I don't care. One thing I do know, you can buy just about anything for a car, except miles. I will buy a low mile car (paying the premium which comes along with the lack of accrued mileage) any day over a higher mileage car for substantially less money.

Just my $.02, but as has been previously stated, to each his/ her own.
Old 04-24-16, 10:17 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
Very well stated. When I bought my '13 in November of '14, it had exactly 7032 miles on the clock. It was quite pristine and the asking price was $49,900. It was exactly 12 months since the original owner had purchased it.

I ended up paying $44k for it, and to be honest, I never looked up any 'book' value on the car. In the preceding two years I had looked at so many cars that were priced between $35-$55k (none of which were as clean as mine, and ALL of them had more mileage), that I knew I had found 'the one'.

I too want a fair deal, but I also want the cleanest, low mile vehicle I can find. I honestly don't know if what I paid was close to any Kelly Blue Book value (or any other vehicle pricing 'authority') or not, and I don't care. One thing I do know, you can buy just about anything for a car, except miles. I will buy a low mile car (paying the premium which comes along with the lack of accrued mileage) any day over a higher mileage car for substantially less money.

Just my $.02, but as has been previously stated, to each his/ her own.
Dang you scored a really good deal on yours. Was it a CPO?

Got my CPO 2012 in late 2014 also, paid $47,500+ fees with 29k miles. It was an absolute gem condition wise, 1 owner and serviced exclusively at the Lexus dealership selling it. I'm OCD with my vehicles so I don't mind paying a couple thousand more for an absolute pristine example.

She's at 46k miles now and hands down the best car I've ever owned, the longest car I've ever kept also since usually I get bored of my vehicles within 6months to 1 year. I don't see myself ever selling her since the love affair is still stronger than ever.
Old 04-25-16, 05:16 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalISF

Dang you scored a really good deal on yours. Was it a CPO?

Got my CPO 2012 in late 2014 also, paid $47,500+ fees with 29k miles. It was an absolute gem condition wise, 1 owner and serviced exclusively at the Lexus dealership selling it. I'm OCD with my vehicles so I don't mind paying a couple thousand more for an absolute pristine example.

Yeah, SoCalISF's deal sounds great. I got my CPO 2012 w/8K miles in Feb '14 for $51K + fees. If you're a true enthusiast & find the car you really want, why sweat a couple grand over the price? There's nothing wrong with paying a bit extra (within reason) to ensure you get the car you really want..

YOLO!!!
I can't believe I actually said that

-Mike
Old 04-25-16, 09:30 AM
pkpzp228
Driver School Candidate

Not overpriced at the surface, but knowing 3 other people have owned it would make it not want the car.
You're probably looking at this car:

http://coasttocoastimports.com/detai...BP5C29B5008309

Which I was the last owner of. The first owner put 13K on in 7months, second under 2K in 3yrs and I put ~6K in about 1 1/2 years. I think 39,990 is a pretty smoking deal actually, get them to replace the clear bra as part of the deal. I looked nationwide for this car when I bought it in 2014 from Nebraska, brought it home to Colorado.

This car was and I kept it in excellent condition, garaged always and detailed every couple months (I professionally detail cars as a side job/hobby). After searching for and buying this car, I doubt that you'll will find another in better condition unless you come across another sub 15K or so miles.

Feel free to PM if anyone is interested in more info.
Old 04-25-16, 12:03 PM
NikonGuy
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pkpzp228
You're probably looking at this car:

http://coasttocoastimports.com/detai...BP5C29B5008309

Which I was the last owner of. The first owner put 13K on in 7months, second under 2K in 3yrs and I put ~6K in about 1 1/2 years. I think 39,990 is a pretty smoking deal actually, get them to replace the clear bra as part of the deal. I looked nationwide for this car when I bought it in 2014 from Nebraska, brought it home to Colorado.

This car was and I kept it in excellent condition, garaged always and detailed every couple months (I professionally detail cars as a side job/hobby). After searching for and buying this car, I doubt that you'll will find another in better condition unless you come across another sub 15K or so miles.

Feel free to PM if anyone is interested in more info.
Yep, that was the one. Funny I'm in CO also. Curious how much they gave you for the car?

I wouldn't call myself a professional detailer but an enthusiast. I "coat" all my cars with CarPro CQuartz and that product is amazing. Going on almost two years now on my IS250 and still beads
Old 04-25-16, 03:27 PM
pkpzp228
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NikonGuy
Yep, that was the one. Funny I'm in CO also. Curious how much they gave you for the car?

I wouldn't call myself a professional detailer but an enthusiast. I "coat" all my cars with CarPro CQuartz and that product is amazing. Going on almost two years now on my IS250 and still beads
They gave me 35K, which I felt was pretty low, they dinged me on the clear bra which was starting to come up on an inner edge (poor installation) and my tires... Overall I didn't think they were very fair but this was a trade and all and all I came out with the car I wanted at a price I thought was reasonable. Seeing as they are offering it at ~40K I guess they just buy and sell on the price floor. If I were in the market for an ISF in say socal, I would jump on this and have it shipped.

Anywho, I haven't tried CQuartz. I'll check it out. I've had good success with Meguiar's 21 and I'm waiting for a shipment to try out Jescar Power Lock Plus, I've heard good things about it.

cheers
Old 04-25-16, 03:45 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Can't believe this thread is still going on. Don't feed the trolls.

Ken.

Quick Reply: Lexus ISF all listed way above KBB retail?