IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-16, 10:31 AM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Alizia
Also I want to make sure mine gets the black ceramic tips that they mentioned, those look amazing!
Originally Posted by Durrby
Having a black F I would like the black tips as well.
Where do we stand with ordering the black ceramic tips as an option?

Is the club pricing still at $2149 + shipping not including if we wanted the black ceramic tips? ETA?
Old 06-15-16, 01:42 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Where do we stand with ordering the black ceramic tips as an option?

Is the club pricing still at $2149 + shipping not including if we wanted the black ceramic tips? ETA?
With that screenshot I posted on post #396 that $2149 pricing better come with the tips because I looked that £1,320.00 = $1,875 with the exchange rate. It doesn't make sense that our ClubLexus preorder price would be higher than their advertised site price. I remember looking at that price last week I added it to the cart and they didn't have tax but with shipping it was £1,320.00. So it other words it was £1,320.00 for the whole thing including shipping, but I don't know if that included the tips.

I'm planning on going for solid black look with slight blue touches (to match the F badge) which is why I'm being really picky on the tips lol.
Old 06-15-16, 01:52 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

I'm talking with the guys over at Hayward, but that price isn't accurate, as you noticed, it has gone up again. It is now at £1,440. The price I have set is pretty much set, except now it is at $2199 + shipping since both sides of the party forgot to include import fees..

The black tips were done in the UK by a third party by the original exhaust owner, not linked to Hayward. The exhaust does come with those OEM tips though, just not black.

Last I heard from them, 5 should be here by the end of the month or all 10..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-15-16, 02:45 PM
koolaseva
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I was wondering why the price gap also because according to current exchange rates $2199 is 1,955 euros. That's a big gap difference. Still excited about the exhaust though
Old 06-15-16, 06:13 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Price should be calculated using the "excl. tax" figure as the "incl. tax" figure is for Europeans who have to pay the VAT, which we do not. £1225 is approximately $1550. They charge £220 for international shipping to to my address, bringing the total to £1445 or $1820. Considering the quantity ordered and size of the boxes needed I imagine they ship via container, so the cost per unit should drop. $2200 plus shipping inside US? That's steep.
Old 06-17-16, 08:16 AM
Durrby
Instructor

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
$2200 plus shipping inside US? That's steep.
I agree I don't understand how the system is $2k+ anyway. I get that Hayward and Scott may be a well known and quality brand but they're new to the F platform. If the XForce system can be had for $700 what makes them able to charge over $2k? Are their materials/labor worth that much more?
Old 06-17-16, 08:33 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

I agree I don't understand how the system is $2k+ anyway. I get that Hayward and Scott may be a well known and quality brand but they're new to the F platform. If the XForce system can be had for $700 what makes them able to charge over $2k? Are their materials/labor worth that much more?
Well that's not a fair argument. Why did people pay 2k+ for the ISS Forged exhaust, they aren't well known at all for exhausts.

For hand made quality sound and through tip option not many are offering I think it's within reason.
Old 06-17-16, 08:36 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Probably because it's custom high quality work. You get what you pay for. Any custom shop you go to will be $2k+ for a full cat back exhaust.
Old 06-17-16, 09:01 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Look up the cost of a a Novel exhaust!

As others have mentioned, you get what you pay for.
Old 06-17-16, 10:12 AM
Durrby
Instructor

Originally Posted by FFM
Well that's not a fair argument. Why did people pay 2k+ for the ISS Forged exhaust, they aren't well known at all for exhausts.

For hand made quality sound and through tip option not many are offering I think it's within reason.
Originally Posted by Diesel350
Probably because it's custom high quality work. You get what you pay for. Any custom shop you go to will be $2k+ for a full cat back exhaust.
I already said I know they offer quality stuff. All I'm saying is being new to the community they should price accordingly. I'm not saying they should give their product away but come on 2 mufflers, 2 silencers, piping, some flanges and hangers and bam $2k? I also didn't say I wouldn't buy one I was just agreeing with an earlier post that the price seems a little steep.

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Look up the cost of a a Novel exhaust!

As others have mentioned, you get what you pay for.
I'm aware and anyone that pays that has a few screws loose. Or anything through vip auto salon.
Old 06-17-16, 10:41 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

I already said I know they offer quality stuff. All I'm saying is being new to the community they should price accordingly. I'm not saying they should give their product away but come on 2 mufflers, 2 silencers, piping, some flanges and hangers and bam $2k? I also didn't say I wouldn't buy one I was just agreeing with an earlier post that the price seems a little steep.
It's a custom piece for the IS-F made by hand. I don't think it's steep for what it is. They don't have the manufacturing/distribution capabilities of a company like Borla.
Old 06-17-16, 10:46 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Should venture over to the ///M forums and see what real price gouging is. Rear muffler only, 2k, mid pipe, 1k, headers 3k+ lol. Up until the XForce surfaced the cheapest exhaust available was the Borla at 1200 or whatever. This seems on par.
Old 06-17-16, 12:58 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The issue is that Josh is charging $400 more than what Hayward will sell you the exhaust shipped to your door and that's not including his shipping fees.
Old 06-17-16, 01:32 PM
STANC36
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess josh has to pay some import fees on top and wants to make some money as well, he has bills to pay and got to live from profits he's making.
Old 06-17-16, 01:47 PM
xSumDumGuy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STANC36
I guess josh has to pay some import fees on top and wants to make some money as well, he has bills to pay and got to live from profits he's making.
Exactly. He's got to make money and they probably don't offer wholesale prices like some of the larger manufactures so he can match their price over here. It isn't like these are coming from somewhere in the US. You can always purchase them directly from them if you don't want to support his business and feel like you can buy them cheaper.

I recall on an earlier post he also mentioned the import fees that weren't accounted for on the original pricing.

I'm talking with the guys over at Hayward, but that price isn't accurate, as you noticed, it has gone up again. It is now at £1,440. The price I have set is pretty much set, except now it is at $2199 + shipping since both sides of the party forgot to include import fees..

Quick Reply: Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!