IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-16, 10:37 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Adding headers changes the sound so much it's crazy. Really almost have to opt for a semi tame exhaust system to match to them in order to get that aggressive tone that's not insanely over the top.

I still don't know what the perfect combo is yet. I don't know if the H&S exhaust is DD'able with headers at 4:45am haha.
The only concern about DD'ing this exhaust, that early in the morning is the cold start. Everything else, cruising and all that, is very calm, once you accelerate past like 50% the exhaust acts like the valves are opened now and all hell breaks loose. But casual accelerating, car sounds like a damn humming prius!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-24-16, 10:44 AM
tonykdee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will we be able to hear this exhaust at the SoCal meet by any chance? I sure hope so!

Also interested in dyno numbers for comparison between stock, exhaust only, and exhaust and headers of the final product.
Old 05-24-16, 11:24 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
The only concern about DD'ing this exhaust, that early in the morning is the cold start. Everything else, cruising and all that, is very calm, once you accelerate past like 50% the exhaust acts like the valves are opened now and all hell breaks loose. But casual accelerating, car sounds like a damn humming prius!

-Josh
Interesting...I would love clips of cold start, regular driving, WOT driving, etc, on a car with no headers.
Old 05-24-16, 11:25 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

It's common in the M community to remove cold start for this reason with a tune. Wonder if TTFS and RR can do the same.
Old 05-24-16, 11:29 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Adding headers changes the sound so much it's crazy. Really almost have to opt for a semi tame exhaust system to match to them in order to get that aggressive tone that's not insanely over the top.

I still don't know what the perfect combo is yet. I don't know if the H&S exhaust is DD'able with headers at 4:45am haha.
not to thread jack but if your DD with headers, the tamest as far as loudness is the header/borla. this exhaust sounds great btw!!!!!
Old 05-24-16, 01:11 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by tonykdee
Will we be able to hear this exhaust at the SoCal meet by any chance? I sure hope so!

Also interested in dyno numbers for comparison between stock, exhaust only, and exhaust and headers of the final product.
You will definitely be hearing it!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-24-16, 01:12 PM
Max16
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
It's common in the M community to remove cold start for this reason with a tune. Wonder if TTFS and RR can do the same.
TTFS offers the cold start delete
Old 05-24-16, 03:31 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Max16
TTFS offers the cold start delete
Alright alright alright. This opens up the playing field. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-25-16, 06:36 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah I'd really consider the H&S with the cold start delete. I too don't want to bother the neighbors. Leaning towards TTFS.
Old 05-25-16, 07:06 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

I don't place much faith in TTFS. RR-Racing kept us updated for months about their progress and then as they neared the finish line TTFS started making a bunch of noise and trying to gather interest as competition. Just look at their threads the number of responses & views RR-Racing generated vs. TTFS to see what I mean.

I'll stick with RR, who still has a heavily vested interest in us, and hope they come out with the cold start option soon. I don't see TTFS working on anything for the community besides a tune

That being said, I wonder if there are any harsh effects to deleting it. I mean it was put there for a reason...
Old 05-25-16, 07:15 AM
Max16
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
I don't place much faith in TTFS. RR-Racing kept us updated for months about their progress and then as they neared the finish line TTFS started making a bunch of noise and trying to gather interest as competition. Just look at their threads the number of responses & views RR-Racing generated vs. TTFS to see what I mean.

I'll stick with RR, who still has a heavily vested interest in us, and hope they come out with the cold start option soon. I don't see TTFS working on anything for the community besides a tune

That being said, I wonder if there are any harsh effects to deleting it. I mean it was put there for a reason...
I have the TTFS tune.

- Yes RR is much more involved in ISF community but I think TTFS is much more involved in the tuning business. Frank Smith is a very reputable tuner and his tunes are vouched around the world. They developed their own handheld unit. They are more quiet than RR but I don't think they are worse. My little idea is that a shop came out with codes to tune the Lexus ISF ecu and made it available for everyone. I don't think that a lot of tuner came at about 1 week of each other in being able to tune the ISF after all these years....
- RR is a lot more into developing parts for the ISF. I'm from Canada and have no relations to TTFS but I chose them because of Frank Smith reputation.....
- The cold start delete is there for cats warm up for emission purposes. If you delete your cats you can delete the cold start.
Old 05-25-16, 07:32 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Fair enough, I was just calling it how I see it. I appreciate the opinion from the other side.

And I wasn't sure if it did anything besides warm up the cats, but I usually hop in and go (not letting it warm up) since I leave at 5AM and my Joe Z with PPE headers is already loud enough.
Not having the cold start would be nice for the AM when I wanna sneak out, but not as much fun in the afternoon when I want to make more noise lol.
Old 05-25-16, 07:38 AM
Max16
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
Fair enough, I was just calling it how I see it. I appreciate the opinion from the other side.

And I wasn't sure if it did anything besides warm up the cats, but I usually hop in and go (not letting it warm up) since I leave at 5AM and my Joe Z with PPE headers is already loud enough.
Not having the cold start would be nice for the AM when I wanna sneak out, but not as much fun in the afternoon when I want to make more noise lol.
That's what a forum is for!!

I love the cold start but I chose to install Varex mufflers on mine just for the few times I need to leave early or when my kids are sleeping and don't want to wake them up!
I have sikkys with 2.5 straights to rear varex mufflers so when it's loud, it's loud! When I close the varex, it's like oem.
Old 05-25-16, 07:59 AM
mahcah
Racer

That was good to hear both sides. Now I'm just looking forward to more videos after folks receive their H&Ss!
Old 05-25-16, 08:00 AM
mahcah
Racer

One more post to get out of "666" posts.

Quick Reply: Hayward & Scott Exhaust Coming Soon!!