IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Meth Injection (Aquamist)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-16, 11:23 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meth Injection (Aquamist)

I'm coming out of the wood-work here (haven't been on CL in a while) and coming to the ISF guys since I feel like y'all are the best audience to ask such a question.

I have a '06 IS350 that has been supercharged with the HKS GT supercharger kit. Runs beautifully without the F-CON.

I have been considering adding a meth injection system, namely Aquamist, for various purposes. If I am not mistaken, Aquamist's control unit reads off the injector signal (and MAP if applicable).

Problem: I am just not totally sure the Aquamist control unit can read the injector signal due to Lexus CANBUS language. I was considering a meth kit that reads off boost signal, but apparently this is not as superior as reading off injector signal (?).

I emailed the people at Howerton Engineering, who distribute Aquamist, and they said "I'm not sure the actual injector signal is CAN BUS."

Any advice?

Last edited by karasha; 02-27-16 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-27-16, 12:53 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it simple. I never used meth as a power adder, only as a way to prevent knock on a stable tune.

I've only ever used a simple pressure switch and a flow meter to drop to waste gate pressure if something bad happened. I realize you have a supercharger, just saying.
Old 02-27-16, 02:24 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd just like to mention since you haven't been on CL for a while, our platforms recently got tuned! Perhaps, this could be a viable option for you to increase maximum potential out of your supercharger. You have RR Racing and TTFS as options.
Old 02-27-16, 02:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Meth is dangerous. There are other ways to add power with this platform . Even NOS
Old 02-28-16, 09:43 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had an aquamist system in my G35 years ago they are great systems, I had mine set up off boost pressure but their were several ways to set them up now you have me curious how difficult it would be to set it up on a Lexus. Since you have the SC and you aren't adding more boost or timing when the meth comes on I would set it by boost, this will work fine to give you more of a safety factor as I assume that's what you're going for. I doubt their is a lot of experience with meth on this platform since so few are boosted. I have also heard aquamist tech support is very helpful (they may even have their own forum) I had a friend that had some questions and he ended up talking with the founder/designer of aquamist so email them might be worth a shot.