IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Selling my 2008 IS-F need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 08:00 AM
hksnlper
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my 2008 IS-F need advice

Guys I need a little help. I never thought that I would ever sale my ISF but I am stuck and have no other choice but to sell her.

I need a little help with the evaluation of the value.

2008 ISF with 81k miles. Bought her back in 2014 from North Park Lexus of San Antonio. 1st owner car with all the history from Lexus that is why I decided to buy it from them rather then locally. Anyways Got into a minor accident on Feb 2015 and the conflict between insurance and me and bank over Used parts vs new the insurance total the vehicle and I ended up buying her outright from Insurance. The front bumper, Driver side Fender and grill was replaced.

Now I need to know what is the fair value of the car for quick sale. Once all the work was done I took the car to local TX state office and inspection was done and they issued a Rebuilt title. My plan was to keep the car and sit on it for years but that is not going to happen.

What should be a fair asking price for a quick sale. I need to move it before March 16th. The car is in excellent shape. I would give it a 8 out of 10 on condition.
Old 02-22-16, 08:09 AM
v8MyFusion
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

23k...tbh.
Old 02-22-16, 08:43 AM
BuLLdAwG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by v8MyFusion
23k...tbh.
On a rebuilt title?

Sorry bro, you are looking about 50%-60% of market value on a clean title. You MIGHT be abe to get more private party if you can show proof of post crash damage.
Old 02-22-16, 08:46 AM
BuLLdAwG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.prestmanauto.com/wholesal...48be9eb90b.htm

Here is a link for comparison. This vehicle is rebuilt and has been on the market for at least 6 months.....from a well known dealer who deals in cars with branded titles.
Old 02-22-16, 09:12 AM
magneti
Pole Position

yeah Im going to guess 20k might get it done. As bulldawg said, that one in Utah has been posted for months and doesnt look like it will go any time soon at that price. Most lenders dont loan on salvaged or rebuilt titles. Youll probably have to do private seller and hope they have cash.
Old 02-22-16, 09:40 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

If your in a tight situation and want to sell fast I would put her in for cheap.

Everyone thinks they can get more then its really worth.

People dont want to pay top dollar and you want to sell for top dollar. Its tough.
Old 02-22-16, 09:46 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by BuLLdAwG
http://www.prestmanauto.com/wholesal...48be9eb90b.htm

Here is a link for comparison. This vehicle is rebuilt and has been on the market for at least 6 months.....from a well known dealer who deals in cars with branded titles.
Yea that one was up for sale when I was looking last spring for my F. So it's been up for sale for at least 8-9 months! They started out about 33k if I remember, I started a thread on it last spring.

My guess would be 20k....
Old 02-22-16, 10:31 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Like mentioned, the biggest hang up is that banks will either not loan or only loan up to 50% which means the buyer needs cash. I'd imagine the guy that has 20k down has no problem holding out for a clean title for a bit more.

I'd only buy a salvage if it was documented, dirt cheap, in excellent condition, and was keeping for the long haul.
Old 02-22-16, 12:06 PM
hksnlper
Pole Position

I paid insurance $17500 and the cost of repair was $4836.59. I know I have to take loss but don't have a choice. I was thinking perhaps I can post it for $19k what do you guys think?
Old 02-22-16, 12:07 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Just to put things in perspective, I sold my 08 ISF with 64K miles - original owner, for $26K. I would think the car would sell in the $15-17K range. Just my .02.
Old 02-22-16, 12:22 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
Just to put things in perspective, I sold my 08 ISF with 64K miles - original owner, for $26K. I would think the car would sell in the $15-17K range. Just my .02.
I think this is probably accurate. For a quick sale (by March 16th), my guess is 15k.

Sorry...
Old 02-22-16, 12:26 PM
magneti
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
How long ago.
Old 02-22-16, 01:31 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts

It's too bad they branded your car rebuilt because of the insurance issues. In hindsight you might have been better off to have it repaired with whatever parts the insurance was willing to pay for if that would have prevented a rebuilt status.

Something similar happened to me with my other car where the insurance wanted to write off the car because they felt the value of the car was too close to the cost of repairs. The repairs were pretty much cosmetic (nothing structural) I haggled and agreed on a cashout settlement with the option to buy back as long as they did not brand the car. I got lucky it all worked out for me.

In your case I think you are going to have some trouble getting what you want. When I was looking for an F, I saw some accident repaired cars and they were sitting on dealer lots for a long time. Prices kept dropping on those cars until they finally got sold. I think you will need to find that one buyer that is less concerned about cosmetics and mostly just wants a good running F car.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.
Old 02-22-16, 01:44 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hksnlper
I paid insurance $17500 and the cost of repair was $4836.59. I know I have to take loss but don't have a choice. I was thinking perhaps I can post it for $19k what do you guys think?
How can the repairs be less then $5k and the car was totaled ?
Old 02-22-16, 02:18 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

The other interesting thing about the one in Utah is it has no sunroof. I would buy it just for that if the price were right. I need the extra room for my helmet...Oddly enough the ad shows it having a sunroof when I know for a fact it did not come from the factory with one.

To the OP - check what Carfax says about your car. That alone can utterly destroy resale value. If Carfax says it was totaled, selling will be a serious uphill battle at any reasonable price.

Quick Reply: Selling my 2008 IS-F need advice