IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F vs Track Prepped Porsche Cayman and new 911 at AZ's Wild Horse Pass East Track !

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-16, 01:24 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Big Willow separates the men from the boys. Fun track if you have the skills.
I wanted to be separated from the boys...lol...when I went to street of willow, I was looking at the cars at the big willow, I can tell its faster track, cars are non stop flying, but looks scary as hell...
Old 02-28-16, 03:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Chuckwalla will be the 6th track I hit with my F. I'm not afraid of any track. You just need to use your head and do some explorative laps before you go ***** to the wall. I chose to call it respect rather than fear. lol I've seen the videos as well and it looks like fun but its not Nurburgring LMAO . Just do your best and be safe. If there is someone in the rear view just give them the point by for the first few laps before there is a battle.

In my eyes what separates the men from the boys are the guys who have done some track days vs the ones who have never done track time. There is a certain level of respect you give an fellow enthusiast when you know they have done some track time. Wether its extensive or just once or twice, this person decided to take it beyond to learn how to drive and how the car feels in a controlled environment where a sustained 10/10ths is possible. They paid the fees, prepped the car, made the time, travelled to the track, did the sessions, sacrificed the tires and brakes, AND if we are lucky they are cool enough to share some video. In my opinion, this is why these track day video or photo threads are my favorite and the ones that should be celebrated the most. Just flooring it on an an onramp and getting up to 100 mph and the driver thinking they are God's gift to the car scene or are a badass real " driver " is really not the case.

There are car guys and there are real enthusiasts. Chris is a real enthusiast in this F'ers book !! As well as Lobux, Zax F, Compthis, and the rest of the track crew.

GET IT , Chris !!! witcho badass
Old 02-29-16, 06:44 AM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Chuckwalla will be the 6th track I hit with my F. I'm not afraid of any track. You just need to use your head and do some explorative laps before you go ***** to the wall. I chose to call it respect rather than fear. lol I've seen the videos as well and it looks like fun but its not Nurburgring LMAO . Just do your best and be safe. If there is someone in the rear view just give them the point by for the first few laps before there is a battle.

In my eyes what separates the men from the boys are the guys who have done some track days vs the ones who have never done track time. There is a certain level of respect you give an fellow enthusiast when you know they have done some track time. Wether its extensive or just once or twice, this person decided to take it beyond to learn how to drive and how the car feels in a controlled environment where a sustained 10/10ths is possible. They paid the fees, prepped the car, made the time, travelled to the track, did the sessions, sacrificed the tires and brakes, AND if we are lucky they are cool enough to share some video. In my opinion, this is why these track day video or photo threads are my favorite and the ones that should be celebrated the most. Just flooring it on an an onramp and getting up to 100 mph and the driver thinking they are God's gift to the car scene or are a badass real " driver " is really not the case.

There are car guys and there are real enthusiasts. Chris is a real enthusiast in this F'ers book !! As well as Lobux, Zax F, Compthis, and the rest of the track crew.

GET IT , Chris !!! witcho badass
So true, I can always tell the guys who track their cars by how they respond when I ask about grip or chassis control . If they say their car handles on rails, I say sweet ( and politely exit the conversation, because this guy drives to slow). If they say, well.... let's see... It tends to understeer at the limit but if I lift a little I can I can get it to transition to a little oversteer mid corner and rotate the car just right ( This is the guy i'm gonna talk to)
Old 02-29-16, 08:28 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Piston1047
So true, I can always tell the guys who track their cars by how they respond when I ask about grip or chassis control . If they say their car handles on rails, I say sweet ( and politely exit the conversation, because this guy drives to slow). If they say, well.... let's see... It tends to understeer at the limit but if I lift a little I can I can get it to transition to a little oversteer mid corner and rotate the car just right ( This is the guy i'm gonna talk to)
You are describing the transition from turn 6 to turn 7 at CMP perfectly...put two off there the first day and took two more events before I figured that out. All this stuff is really different from the motorcycles I raced. 7 leads on to a long straight, so getting it right is huge.

I had to tap the brakes at first, but then figured out how to get the rotation with just a brief lift.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 02-29-16 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-29-16, 09:13 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Piston1047
HAHA This response just made my day !!!! I love it Piston1047 !!! You are spot on buddy. I loved the " and politely exit the conversation "

You are describing the transition from turn 6 to turn 7 at CMP perfectly...put two off there the first day and took two more events before I figured that out. All this stuff is really different from the motorcycles I raced. 7 leads on to a long straight, so getting it right is huge.

I had to tap the brakes at first, but then figured out how to get the rotation with just a brief lift.
Lobux you are a badass ! Racing motor cycles is INSANE. Now that has to be exciting and dangerous
Old 02-29-16, 09:24 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Lobux you are a badass ! Racing motor cycles is INSANE. Now that has to be exciting and dangerous
No kidding..I ride a motorcycle & had thought about taking it to the track in the past, but never did. Now that I've done a couple track days in the IS-F, I don't think I've got the ***** to do a "cage-free" track day!

-Mike
Old 02-29-16, 11:18 AM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Yeah, your exactly right!. If the track is open getting the car to rotate and into the apex gives you a nice line right out of seven and out onto the back straight, in my 240 I can hold full throttle while tracking out on 7 (if I do things right). In my LeMons races it is just so packed sometimes that things can get interesting.

Good CMP race footage of me tossing around with some "interesting" cars, things start to get interesting around 3:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amXAt...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-29-16, 11:25 AM
Piston1047
Pole Position

HAHA This response just made my day !!!! I love it Piston1047 !!! You are spot on buddy. I loved the " and politely exit the conversation "

Hey man, it's the truth, "my car handles on railz" and " I get my driving skill from the steetz" are my "time to exit this convo" key words. I say, the only way your honing your skills on the streets is if your drive to work is a detour through the Isle of man TT roads.

If you every come south, you should hop in a LeMons race, ***** get's real when your three wide into a turn. Iv'e always got seats open, I keep trying to convince ZaxF and Torxuven but

Last edited by lobuxracer; 02-29-16 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-29-16, 02:07 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

If its my first time on the track, I normally pay extra for an instructor or follow the lead on track line, but after the second session, I'm on my own, but still learning the line. My experience at street willow, the first session of the red group, someone flipped over at the chicane, I got nervous. I think a lot F owner under estimate the power and speed of the car.
Old 02-29-16, 03:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

damn man I can only imagine someone rolling. That would be insane. I can understand that being a little traumatic
Old 03-01-16, 06:47 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

damn man I can only imagine someone rolling. That would be insane. I can understand that being a little traumatic
Yeah, not only that the car is totalled...air bags deployed and you have to ride with the tow truck driver....it was the first run of the day...thats one thing in afraid off with my F....risking on the track..