IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Those with a ECU tune , results please

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-16, 08:40 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Those with a ECU tune , results please

could everyone with a tune post there results in here , will make it east to keep up with and for everyone to view , would like to see some before and after dyno #s along with supporting mod's , and your impressions of the tune you have
Old 02-16-16, 10:20 AM
quarius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far I'm not disappointed. According to the butt dyno it feels great. I can feel more power for sure but I've got to rack up a few more miles before taking it to the actual dyno possibly next week for accurate numbers. Hard to say but I think I'm getting better gas mileage as well. Revving to 7200 is fun to make the exhaust scream. For now I'd say it's all worth it and can't wait to see what the actual results are. Will be posting once real data is available.
Old 02-16-16, 11:36 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm also curious as well... any difference in the exhaust smell? gas mileage? besides the bump in power, anything else noticeable?
Old 02-16-16, 12:32 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im kinda torn between who to let do my tune , RRR or TTFS, so Im wanting some feed back from the guys who have done these,
Old 02-16-16, 06:13 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm also interest in RR-Racing Tune. But want to see dyno sheet and more review.
Old 02-16-16, 09:52 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

So far, I have 772 miles and it is AWESOME! I have RR-Racing tune with the stock rev limited. Mid and high end range is definitely improved for sure. I get tons of wheelspin from 1st to 2nd gear. My mods are decatted primary cats. Full custom 2.5 inch x pipes to borla mufflers. No secondary cats and no resonator. Intake is stock. When I get a chance, I will post a vid.
Old 02-17-16, 07:24 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am curious on the results as well....
Old 02-19-16, 08:05 AM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
I am curious on the results as well....
Me as well but getting it done today by Rafi . I got 2011 isf apexi throttle control intake/sikky headers/and borla catback exhaust with no cats will keep u guys posted
Old 02-19-16, 08:16 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Please do, can't wait to see some more results!
Old 02-19-16, 08:23 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Video is up. Look for it in the vendor section for RR-RACING ECU TUNE page 60, post 897.
Old 02-19-16, 10:37 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Had the tune for about 2 weeks now and everything is working out smoothly. No weird issues, no extra smells or anything, no CEL. About to take the ECU out and resend it back for the upgrade to 7200rpms.

You can definitely feel the improvement in power delivery especially midrange and in the upper gears. Best way to describe it is smooth unrelenting acceleration. It feels like you're riding a wave of torque, I mashed it in 4th the other day and had that "roller coaster" feeling in my stomach as it warped to 120mph. Maybe I'm getting used to it but top end doesn't feel that much different than before the tune, midrange power is where the party's at.

Transmission seems to shift harder and crisper, not sure if the tune actually tweaks the shift logic or it's a side effect of the increase midrange torque. You can definitely feel it bang the shifts faster/harder especially part throttle in Sport and M. Another tuned member also felt the same thing so I know it's not my imagination. =) Another thing, the increase power really tests your tire's level of adhesion in the lower gears, in fact I'm already in search of a stickier wider tire than my 275 Michelin PSS's.

After a couple weeks and the excitement of getting tuned finally has died down a bit and my mind less cloudy, I can give a more clear impression. I'm sure a lot of members will offer up semi exaggerated impressions as a result of being overly excited for a new mod (myself included, guilty as charged).

Overall, the improvements are great but don't expect it to feel like night/day 100hp extra or something. It is after all, a naturally aspirated tune on a car with stock cams/heads. Truthfully, It sorta mirrors my Hondata RSX-S reflash, which smoothens out the powerband, adds a little kick in the midrange for enhanced response and driveability. The increase rev limit will sure add to the fun factor. According to my butt dyno, I'd say it feels right around 20-30whp improvement throughout the powerband (mostly midrange). I say this becasue the difference feels as pronounced if not a little more than when I installed my Borla and that mod alone gained 28whp.

In conclusion I am very pleased with the tune, the car now feels more playful/lively and has a sense of urgency. You know how the car behaves in the morning when it's cold out? Like a beast ready to be unleased? Well it feels like that all the time now, my car after the tune feels like it loves warm weather the same as cold weather. It feels like it pulls hard in 80+ degree weather the same as 50-60F, I'm sure it's probably due to the less aggressive timing pull as IAT's rise.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 02-19-16 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-19-16, 11:22 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Had the tune for about 2 weeks now and everything is working out smoothly. No weird issues, no extra smells or anything, no CEL. About to take the ECU out and resend it back for the upgrade to 7200rpms. You can definitely feel the improvement in power delivery especially midrange and in the upper gears. Best way to describe it is smooth unrelenting acceleration. It feels like you're riding a wave of torque, I mashed it in 4th the other day and had that "roller coaster" feeling in my stomach as it warped to 120mph. Maybe I'm getting used to it but top end doesn't feel that much different than before the tune, midrange power is where the party's at. Transmission seems to shift harder and crisper, not sure if the tune actually tweaks the shift logic or it's a side effect of the increase midrange torque. You can definitely feel it bang the shifts faster/harder especially part throttle in Sport and M. Another tuned member also felt the same thing so I know it's not my imagination. =) Another thing, the increase power really tests your tire's level of adhesion in the lower gears, in fact I'm already in search of a stickier wider tire than my 275 Michelin PSS's. After a couple weeks and the excitement of getting tuned finally has died down a bit and my mind less cloudy, I can give a more clear impression. I'm sure a lot of members will offer up semi exaggerated impressions as a result of being overly excited for a new mod (myself included, guilty as charged). Overall, the improvements are great but don't expect it to feel like night/day 100hp extra or something. It is after all, a naturally aspirated tune on a car with stock cams/heads. Truthfully, It sorta mirrors my Hondata RSX-S reflash, which smoothens out the powerband, adds a little kick in the midrange for enhanced response and driveability. The increase rev limit will sure add to the fun factor. According to my butt dyno, I'd say it feels right around 20-30whp improvement throughout the powerband (mostly midrange). I say this becasue the difference feels as pronounced if not a little more than when I installed my Borla and that mod alone gained 28whp. In conclusion I am very pleased with the tune, the car now feels more playful/lively and has a sense of urgency. You know how the car behaves in the morning when it's cold out? Like a beast ready to be unleased? Well it feels like that all the time now, my car after the tune feels like it loves warm weather the same as cold weather. It feels like it pulls hard in 80+ degree weather the same as 50-60F, I'm sure it's probably due to the less aggressive timing pull as IAT's rise.
^^ditto. I also feel like it shifts more smoothly in auto mode. There is less lag making throttle response feel a bit better
Old 02-19-16, 11:54 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Glad to hear that the tune is working out positively for everyone!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-19-16, 12:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
Had the tune for about 2 weeks now and everything is working out smoothly. No weird issues, no extra smells or anything, no CEL. About to take the ECU out and resend it back for the upgrade to 7200rpms.

You can definitely feel the improvement in power delivery especially midrange and in the upper gears. Best way to describe it is smooth unrelenting acceleration. It feels like you're riding a wave of torque, I mashed it in 4th the other day and had that "roller coaster" feeling in my stomach as it warped to 120mph. Maybe I'm getting used to it but top end doesn't feel that much different than before the tune, midrange power is where the party's at.

Transmission seems to shift harder and crisper, not sure if the tune actually tweaks the shift logic or it's a side effect of the increase midrange torque. You can definitely feel it bang the shifts faster/harder especially part throttle in Sport and M. Another tuned member also felt the same thing so I know it's not my imagination. =) Another thing, the increase power really tests your tire's level of adhesion in the lower gears, in fact I'm already in search of a stickier wider tire than my 275 Michelin PSS's.

After a couple weeks and the excitement of getting tuned finally has died down a bit and my mind less cloudy, I can give a more clear impression. I'm sure a lot of members will offer up semi exaggerated impressions as a result of being overly excited for a new mod (myself included, guilty as charged).

Overall, the improvements are great but don't expect it to feel like night/day 100hp extra or something. It is after all, a naturally aspirated tune on a car with stock cams/heads. Truthfully, It sorta mirrors my Hondata RSX-S reflash, which smoothens out the powerband, adds a little kick in the midrange for enhanced response and driveability. The increase rev limit will sure add to the fun factor. According to my butt dyno, I'd say it feels right around 20-30whp improvement throughout the powerband (mostly midrange). I say this becasue the difference feels as pronounced if not a little more than when I installed my Borla and that mod alone gained 28whp.

In conclusion I am very pleased with the tune, the car now feels more playful/lively and has a sense of urgency. You know how the car behaves in the morning when it's cold out? Like a beast ready to be unleased? Well it feels like that all the time now, my car after the tune feels like it loves warm weather the same as cold weather. It feels like it pulls hard in 80+ degree weather the same as 50-60F, I'm sure it's probably due to the less aggressive timing pull as IAT's rise.
great write up Sounds great
Old 02-19-16, 12:34 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Just got mine in last night along with a set of fresh plugs. Now I just need for it to stop raining so I can try her out.

Quick Reply: Those with a ECU tune , results please