IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Headers Worth The Wait!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-16, 08:37 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts
Thumbs up PPE Headers Worth The Wait!

Well I just got my headers today and I can definitely say they were well worth the wait. Paul from PPE hooked me up directly, just as much as the product itself is amazing, the presentation was icing on cake.

Just wanted to share my purchase through him. Pics of how it came and pics after unpacking everything.

Going on this holiday week!

The pnp o2 sims are definitely a plus too!
Attached Thumbnails PPE Headers Worth The Wait!-img_1915.jpg   PPE Headers Worth The Wait!-img_1909.jpg  
Old 02-09-16, 08:48 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Congratulations. Great addition to our cars, except you can't see 'em once they're installed.
Old 02-09-16, 08:53 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

PPE has upgraded their packaging . finally when they came out with the PNP harness, a tune has come out to get rid of the CEL. lol.
Old 02-09-16, 09:03 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
PPE has upgraded their packaging . finally when they came out with the PNP harness, a tune has come out to get rid of the CEL. lol.
Is the tune confirmed to disable the rear o2 code? I thought the sim was still needed.. Its pnp so not a big deal as it will easily be converted back to stock if it is not needed.

I honestly thought I was gonna be done with mods once I got my joez intake, borla exhaust, and these headers, however now that the tune is out looks like my wallet will go dry once again...
Old 02-09-16, 09:13 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
Well I just got my headers today and I can definitely say they were well worth the wait. Paul from PPE hooked me up directly, just as much as the product itself is amazing, the presentation was icing on cake. Just wanted to share my purchase through him. Pics of how it came and pics after unpacking everything. Going on this holiday week! The pnp o2 sims are definitely a plus too!
Nice I just order some today. Are those stainless steel version with ceramic coating?
Old 02-09-16, 09:19 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

At least the tune is cheaper and much easier to install than headers.
Old 02-09-16, 09:20 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

They look really good . Next pic the Novel side mirrors lol
Old 02-09-16, 09:20 PM
k20trick
Instructor

this is the mild steel with coating, I didnt get the ss version. Didnt think I needed the extra rust protection or stronger header. Paul told me he's sold hundreds of headers and had yet to see one crack yet.. IF anything I wouldve went with the black coating, but I'm not that baller..
Old 02-09-16, 09:25 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
They look really good . Next pic the Novel side mirrors lol
haha! review coming on that soon, coming from Japan customs is holding it up

We still gotta do your sparks, brakes and diff man!

Last edited by k20trick; 02-09-16 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-09-16, 11:29 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

You ready for much loud? :P

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-10-16, 06:53 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

very nice :thumb: i would like to get a set of ppe headers but i am scared the car is gonna ridiculous loud, i currently have a joe z exhaust and while i love the sound it can get annoying at times. any input on how much louder the car gets with ppe headers on?
Old 02-10-16, 07:24 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Good choice on the headers. You'll have to let me know where they end up sticking that o2 sim since it is now pnp. I imagine they will connect it and tuck it somewhere near the center console.
Old 02-10-16, 07:32 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Nice I just order some today. Are those stainless steel version with ceramic coating?
What kind did you end up ordering? The 1-month wait is the longest wait ever, but well worth it in the end.

Originally Posted by joshhleee
You ready for much loud? :P
Absolutely! Im welding in those cats from ppe, should tone down the sound a bit, eliminate the catless odor, and be more eco friendly than running without cats. If I lived in open area I would do it, but as congested as it gets in la, just have to... I'll miss the 10-15hp, but for all the positives I get, it wont be missed that much.

Originally Posted by blackisF08
very nice :thumb: i would like to get a set of ppe headers but i am scared the car is gonna ridiculous loud, i currently have a joe z exhaust and while i love the sound it can get annoying at times. any input on how much louder the car gets with ppe headers on?
Running the cats will help eliminate some of the noise, I have borla exhaust and at wot I sometimes wonder if I actually have an exhaust back there or not. I plan to run the cats with these headers, will probably post a review of before and after since I will be catless for a few days looking for a good exhaust shop.

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Good choice on the headers. You'll have to let me know where they end up sticking that o2 sim since it is now pnp. I imagine they will connect it and tuck it somewhere near the center console.
Not sure where it goes, wherever it ends up going Ill post back results
Old 02-10-16, 11:19 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

well the reason why i was asking is because we just installed a borla full exhaust on my buddies isf and it is definitely a lot quieter than my joe z, borla seems to be almost quite like stock one but you can hear a nice rumble when you WOT, joe z is almost always loud anywhere from 2k rpm and up, do you have the regular borla or the one with mangnaflow mufflers?
Old 02-11-16, 06:39 AM
MR2QIK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Borla with high flow cats & PPE headers. The headers made a very noticeable difference in sound. Sounds much more aggressive at idle & low rpm. Exhaust really came alive as I'm sure you'll soon notice. Night & day difference & I don't say that lightly either.

Quick Reply: PPE Headers Worth The Wait!