IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

CEL and check VSC WITHOUT headers !

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-16, 02:31 AM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Also check your AOS tube connections. I had one not properly seated which caused a vacuum leak and triggered multiple codes and limp mode. Data logs showed the car running really high fuel trims which lead my right to the culprit. Post your codes if possible and I'll compare to the ones I had. They were all over the place.
Old 02-09-16, 06:50 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm curious to see what your issue is. More than likely a post header exhaust leak right before the secondary O2 sensor.
Old 02-09-16, 10:44 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I texted the SA this morning but have not heard back. Will update soon. I just want the car ready for the 20th's track day !
Old 02-09-16, 10:54 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Just called and they are going to text me the codes. He said the car was throwing codes for running too rich. They said it was the MAF sensor that went and they are ordering a
new one. Not sure if this helps

will post codes later
Old 02-09-16, 11:22 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Meanstreak
Also check your AOS tube connections. I had one not properly seated which caused a vacuum leak and triggered multiple codes and limp mode. Data logs showed the car running really high fuel trims which lead my right to the culprit. Post your codes if possible and I'll compare to the ones I had. They were all over the place.

This exactly what the tech told me its doing. He said its running really rich.
Old 02-09-16, 11:28 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
This exactly what the tech told me its doing. He said its running really rich.
I know you were recently adding an additive to clean the injectors? If I'm not mistaken...could that possibly had the car running too rich? Or thrown the MAF sensor off?
Old 02-09-16, 01:11 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
I know you were recently adding an additive to clean the injectors? If I'm not mistaken...could that possibly had the car running too rich? Or thrown the MAF sensor off?
Almost zero possibility of that. Air leak in the AOS or MAF issue are the likely sources. AOS would be more suspect as it is the one piece not tested by Lexus for reliability.
Old 02-09-16, 02:03 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Perfect timing, while at it at the dealer, tell them to check everything for the track day...
Old 02-09-16, 02:23 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Almost zero possibility of that. Air leak in the AOS or MAF issue are the likely sources. AOS would be more suspect as it is the one piece not tested by Lexus for reliability.
Okay, Thank You!
Old 02-09-16, 06:37 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Just called and they are going to text me the codes. He said the car was throwing codes for running too rich. They said it was the MAF sensor that went and they are ordering a new one. Not sure if this helps

will post codes later
Did they send you the codes???

Also did you have them check the front OEM connections for leaks??

Regards,

Joe Z
Old 02-09-16, 09:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I waited all day and no codes. They just said it was the MAF sensor ad that the codes showed that the motor was running rich as hell. I told him that the AOS could have a seal issue that would produce a vacuum leak and codes. I told him I want him to have the tech tighten up all the bolts for the exhaust and to make sure the AOS hoses are secure. If there is any issues after the MAF is replaced tomorrow I will have them just remove the AOS until I can get a new one from Rafi.

I will text him in the morning for the codes again

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your help . Thanks guys.

Will update soon. I just want it fixed because track season is rapidly approaching and I dont want any issues. Just got a fresh set of rear AD08Rs and its time to play !!
Old 02-09-16, 09:15 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Nice good to see it was a minor fix
Old 02-09-16, 09:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by k20trick
Nice good to see it was a minor fix
fingers crossed. I am going to have check it all out. Most likely the MAF sensor or AOS, but in the case of the AOS it would run lean. I am hoping that its just the MAF sensor.
Old 02-09-16, 10:01 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

fingers crossed. I am going to have check it all out. Most likely the MAF sensor or AOS, but in the case of the AOS it would run lean. I am hoping that its just the MAF sensor.
Only for a moment, then it would throw all of the available 20% correction rich into the equation. The ECM's job is to run the engine and fail to least possible damage when something goes outside normal parameters. So it will go pig rich instantly when there is an intake leak. AMHIK.
Old 02-09-16, 10:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Only for a moment, then it would throw all of the available 20% correction rich into the equation. The ECM's job is to run the engine and fail to least possible damage when something goes outside normal parameters. So it will go pig rich instantly when there is an intake leak. AMHIK.
Thanks for your insight , Lobux. So it point more towards the AOS . Rafi had mentioned that it would throw a code for running lean but then again, it could respond to conditions and correct as you are describing and go rich as the tech and SA had mentioned .

Thanks, Lance

These guys seem like they are guessing sometimes. You could probably school the shop foreman with your level of technical info and knowledge on this platform .

Quick Reply: CEL and check VSC WITHOUT headers !