IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

X-Force Exhaust - Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-16, 10:33 PM
giblet
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fathorsejr
I just picked up the varex version. $860 shipped to me.they did update the hangers to fit without modification which was nice to hear.
I'm glad someone managed to buy a varex version. Who did you purchase it from?
Old 04-13-16, 02:24 AM
DjMarkOne
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I contacted XForce USA about their regular exhaust setup for our cars and asked if they would maybe look into the exhaust tips & hanger issues for us ISF owners here in the USA (and Canada) since its been gaining more traction on sales. This was their reply:

Old 04-13-16, 06:33 AM
Sameer89
Pole Position

That's great to hear!
Old 04-13-16, 08:35 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

I wonder when the revised units will hit the market..
Old 04-13-16, 09:05 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Old 04-13-16, 01:39 PM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vervish
I wonder when the revised units will hit the market..
I saw on Summit Racing that they're not going to be shipping exhausts until beginning of May? This might mean they're waiting on X-Force to complete the revised units!! May reach out to X-Force again to confirm if this is true.

Regards,
Sameer
Old 04-13-16, 06:16 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Does anyone have any pics on how centered the mufflers are in the bumper openings? I am curious if welding on a dual tip would be an option and have it come out the bumper.
Old 04-13-16, 07:28 PM
DjMarkOne
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sameer89
I saw on Summit Racing that they're not going to be shipping exhausts until beginning of May? This might mean they're waiting on X-Force to complete the revised units!! May reach out to X-Force again to confirm if this is true.

Regards,
Sameer
Good to know. I will be purchasing one of their exhaust systems (either VAREX or regular, not sure yet) once the revisions have been made. I like to wrench on my own vehicle and would rather not pay someone to do the install.
Old 04-15-16, 05:13 PM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

found this vid!

Old 05-03-16, 05:50 PM
AndrewISF
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Has anybody heard whether the revised versions are available for sale and whether the original fitment issues have been addressed?
Old 05-05-16, 03:00 AM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewISF
Has anybody heard whether the revised versions are available for sale and whether the original fitment issues have been addressed?
Hi, new to the forum, 2nd post lol. I cant speak for US stocks but im based in Syd Australia and i have recently fitted a Xforce catback Varex system to my ISF and it fits like a charm. Everything all ines up, hangers, gaskets etc, no leaks
Old 05-05-16, 04:49 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF5L
Hi, new to the forum, 2nd post lol. I cant speak for US stocks but im based in Syd Australia and i have recently fitted a Xforce catback Varex system to my ISF and it fits like a charm. Everything all ines up, hangers, gaskets etc, no leaks
How does the Varex system sound compared to stock when closed (quiet) and open? Both cruising and at full throttle.
Old 05-05-16, 07:26 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Someone posted here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-market-4.html

This:
Originally Posted by ISF5L
Hi all, new ISF owner and first post here. Joined the Australian forums as im Syd based but there is so much more ISF activity here vs in Australia. Anyways came across this thread. Ive recently fitted a ca back Xforce system to my ISF with the Varex options to close the valve. I got it fitted in the Sydney head office which is massive, they must of literrally had thousands of exhausts in boxes lol.

After a few wiring issues and blown fuses due to an exposed wire, ive been enjoying the exhaust now for about a month and really enjoy it. It was $1800 au fitted etc.

Its definitely got the loud rumble rasp noise yet surprisingly tested at only 91db. My old WRX was 98db. With the valve closed via the remote its much quieter. To me its quieter than stock but generally i only close it when i leave for work at 5am to keep peace with the neighbours or police are near to not attract attention.

No dyno numbers to back it up but going off my seat of the pants dyno it definitely is more free flowing, and appears to have gained mid to top. Bottem end feels similar. Yes louder always feels faster but i do believe it has gained for sure. Ps Loving the bleep on downshifts now.

Would love to get headers but to import from the US (PPE) and with customs, freight etc a few dealers here want $3600 AU which is just crazy for headers. I paid under 1k AU for my WRX headers (different league of car i know but still stainless is stainless. Its not like Lexus manufactured the headers themselves) but maybe one day lol
Old 05-05-16, 09:23 AM
swoo350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to get my hands on this in Canada. Anyone know if there is any love heading our way from Xforce?

EDIT: Just looked on their site and checked their stockists. Looks like 2 shops in Quebec can get them.
Old 05-05-16, 12:02 PM
Max16
Pole Position

Originally Posted by swoo350
I would love to get my hands on this in Canada. Anyone know if there is any love heading our way from Xforce?

EDIT: Just looked on their site and checked their stockists. Looks like 2 shops in Quebec can get them.
Buy them in the USA. The shops in Qc will rip you.

I have a custom exhaust and just bought 2 Varex to fit them on my system.
I have headers and love the brutal sound but didn't want to fight with the neighbours if I want to leave early morning or late at night.

I'll install them next week.

Quick Reply: X-Force Exhaust - Review