IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

08 ISF Puddle Lights won't turn off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-16, 09:17 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 08 ISF Puddle Lights won't turn off.

This started yesterday. I parked the car, locked the door with the key in my pocket by pressing the button on the handle and the car beeped and locked. I came back that night and the puddle lights were still on. Figured it was a fluke, drove the car home and after being home for about 3 hours, looked out and noticed the puddle lights were still on. I tried locking and unlocking it, starting the car, everything. The lights never turned off.

Any idea what's going on?
Old 02-04-16, 09:32 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Is it just the puddle lights? What about interior lights?

Might want to check the black push connector inside the drivers side door frame isn't jammed? Looks like a little black rubber mushroom (don't know how else to describe it! Lol).

Failing that, might try disconnecting the battery for 5-10mins, then reconnect it? Will mean you lose your seat settings, and ECU will relearn everything.

Are you running OEM puddle lights or LED's?

Any added electrical items anywhere?

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Cheers.

Peter
Old 02-04-16, 10:52 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Puddle lights only, the interior lights go off. I think the previous owner put in LED because they are pretty blue. And added electrical items would be the apexi throttle controller but that's been in for 6 months with no issues.
Old 02-04-16, 02:54 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably parked on a puddle and the car is trying to warn you. Try parking on dry land.
Old 02-04-16, 03:07 PM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
You probably parked on a puddle and the car is trying to warn you. Try parking on dry land.

Man, I saw someone else commented on here and I was hoping someone had an idea on how to fix it. But it was a good laugh.
Old 02-04-16, 03:42 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leisinjp
Man, I saw someone else commented on here and I was hoping someone had an idea on how to fix it. But it was a good laugh.
Sorry man, it had to be done! Wish I could help more but here's my 2 cents:

Mine turn off after like 3 seconds after I walk up to the car or hit unlock (they aren't tied to the dome light). So, if I were you I'd research the relay, I don't suspect it's tied to the door push sensor.
Old 02-04-16, 05:00 PM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Gotcha. A friend of mine who was a member on here and now drives CTS-V told me that my mirrors are from a different model IS because is has the turn signals on them. I wasn't aware of that but he thinks that might have something to do with it.
Old 02-04-16, 11:04 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by leisinjp
Gotcha. A friend of mine who was a member on here and now drives CTS-V told me that my mirrors are from a different model IS because is has the turn signals on them. I wasn't aware of that but he thinks that might have something to do with it.
That's where I'd start then mate.

May find the wiring wasn't done properly when they changed them over. Stick a photo up if you can.

Just curious if they are F ones with added turn signals, or different altogether.
Old 02-04-16, 11:10 PM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Are they dimly lit? Try putting the OEM bulbs in there and see if it stays lit. My mustang used to do that when I installed cheap LEDs in the interior.
Old 02-06-16, 10:51 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Try putting OEM bulbs and see if the problem persists.
Old 02-07-16, 07:18 PM
leisinjp
Pole Position

As of yesterday, they turned off. I didn't do anything different. They randomly turned off.
Old 02-08-16, 12:49 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe it was a setting.
Old 02-08-16, 04:37 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
Lol😂😂😂...but yeah...OP check the wiring. OEM door mirrors don't have built in turn signals. I've seen VIP Lexus Auton Saloon sell some aftermarket branded ones for the F or they might be Lexus built for the ISX50's, not for ISF.
Old 02-09-16, 07:18 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Lol😂😂😂...but yeah...OP check the wiring. OEM door mirrors don't have built in turn signals. I've seen VIP Lexus Auton Saloon sell some aftermarket branded ones for the F or they might be Lexus built for the ISX50's, not for ISF.

That's what I was thinking. I never had to look at the wires because they randomly turned off.
Old 08-22-23, 04:02 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Reviving this thread since now I'm experiencing this same issue. I washed the car a couple of weeks ago, parked the car in the garage, locked it and walked away. Came back to the garage a few hours and the puddle lights and interior dome light was on. Took the car out for a drive, the driver & passenger mirror puddle lights stayed on the whole time. I tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and that didn't fix it either. I ended up pulling the "DOME" 10A fuse from the fuse panel next to the battery as a temporary fix.

What's weird is that when I open up my driver side door half way, something is triggering it and it shuts off or flickers for a quick second. Loose connections some where in the door wiring? I have no clue what to even look for or check... recommendations welcome.

Quick Reply: 08 ISF Puddle Lights won't turn off.