IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Saw a GSF at the dealer

Old 12-24-15, 03:10 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

It's funny how the same car can bring out so many different opinions. I think it looks great, and fits a nice sweet spot in vehicles on the market, but I also think at $85K it's priced $10K too high. Still, picking up a 2 year old one maybe for around $55K-$60K (assuming it depreciates that fast) brings up a very real possibility that I'll return to the "F" brand. If I look to go back to one vehicle, this is at the top of the short list for me.

I daily drive a Tundra (that has more tech than my ISF did) so I decided to finally take that plunge and buy the sports car that I've wanted all my life which is how I ended up with the Porsche. Like many of you, I've had a lot of fun cars over the years. The Porsche is the best sports car for sure. It reminds me a bit of my S2000s in that go-kart like feel, but it has power, luxury and that classic prestige too. Having said all of that, it is not a car I'd ever want to daily. A good many people do, but it is just not something I'd want to take back and forth to work every day. It's the perfect 2nd car.

But if I were to consolidate down to one vehicle, I'd be looking at a GS-F. Yes, there are faster cars out there for sure, but if you want reliability, luxury, performance and a nice V8 powerplant, none of those other cars fit the bill. It is the same reason I went with the ISF over the M3, C63 and CTS-V. The ISF was the best all around car, and the rarest to boot. Even with the weight, the GSF is going to be much faster than most of us will ever use. It's not a track car, though it can be tracked... but for a daily that hits all the notes, it's perfect. And subjectively, I think it looks great (love the white).

Reliability may be at the very top of my must-haves in a daily driver, and I will never trust a German car over a Lexus in that department.
Old 12-24-15, 03:54 PM
ihadboost
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
My SA sent me these this morning . He knows I'm an F junky . Looks solid in white
And in Tucson of all places...
Old 12-24-15, 04:02 PM
702FSport
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to Drive this Beautiful Ultra Sonic Blue GSF the other day and I have to say that I actually liked it, I even thought it felt faster then my ISF.

Old 12-24-15, 04:05 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm digging the color of the caliper!!!!
Old 12-24-15, 04:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ihadboost
And in Tucson of all places...
it was arrowhead in Gelndale. Not sure if they got it from Tucson or if someone sent him pics from Tucson. LOL
Old 12-24-15, 04:34 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 702FSport
I was able to Drive this Beautiful Ultra Sonic Blue GSF the other day and I have to say that I actually liked it, I even thought it felt faster then my ISF.
Jesus that is a sexy *** car!!
Old 12-24-15, 05:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Damn that blue looks insane in that picture.
Old 12-24-15, 06:27 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

My SA sent me these this morning . He knows I'm an F junky . Looks solid in white
I wish I had this kind of relationship with my sa. She can be kinda a ***** on the phone but is completely awesome in person to deal with.
I like the gsf, then again I've always liked the gs. If I ever got one it would definitely have to be used. 85k is way too rich for my broke *** lol
Old 12-24-15, 07:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 702FSport

why does the mirror look a different color ?
Old 12-24-15, 08:57 PM
702FSport
Driver School Candidate

why does the mirror look a different color ?
I was wondering the same thing, I looked on the brochure and it looks like all of them come like that, Even the Molten Pearl one, at first I thought the factory put the wrong mirrors lol, I want to know whats the story behind that.
Old 12-24-15, 08:59 PM
702FSport
Driver School Candidate

Doesn't look too bad, I wouldn't mind them.

Originally Posted by chris07is
I'm digging the color of the caliper!!!!

Old 12-24-15, 11:01 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that looks good
Old 12-25-15, 12:12 AM
x622
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nks979
Doesn't seem like lexus made this to be a V/M5 competitor, if they wanted to make something to compete with them they would have. The GSF seems to be more of a middle ground, for those who want something still very quick and fun for a road car but don't want to give up any of the luxury or practicality.
I honestly disagree with that. Their "F" lineup is supposed to be direct competition to V/M5/RS/GTS in the same way it was when they first made the ISF. Executing it well is a completely different story. Combining that with the crash of 08 and you can kind of guess why the ISF was somewhat poorly received.

They haven't really done anything in terms of forced induction on their cars for many many years and I think they're primarily doing that from an emissions standpoint.
I think the latest engine in the RCF and this GSF is just a cheap cop out -- merely bumping up the compression as a bandaid versus doing any R&D to add FI.

Perhaps with the latest powerplant coming out supposedly in the LF-LC they might filter it down to cars like this instead of these rather plebian NA powerplants. I can say that this car with a twin turbo V8 @ ~600hp would make me VERY interested.
Old 12-25-15, 12:44 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by x622
Porsche might be right up your alley.
haha.....you're not the first to bring this up. A few of my buddies and I were at a recent charity event hosted by the local Porsche dealership, and I was truly astounded by the finishes, details, accents, and overall packages from the coupes to the SUVs. Very well done. One of these days, though I'm still quite content with the IS F, as it hasn't really shown its age to me yet.
Old 12-25-15, 12:58 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol it seems. A lot of individuals in this discussion want some sort of forced Induction on the GSF or even the F line up.. Why is that??

I'm actually happy there is no FI. After the fiasco I had with my S60R I'll be stepping away from turbos for a while.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw a GSF at the dealer