IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2012 IS-F in Lynn,MA

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-15, 08:06 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts
Default 2012 IS-F in Lynn,MA

Does anyone know the owner or the story behind this F? It looks to have been slightly modded so i'm just looking to see if anyone has any details on it. It seems to be 1 of the only 2012 for a decent price for sale right now. If anyone knows of any other 2012+ in the lower 40k or high 30's... feel free to shoot them my way. Thanks!
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...404_isFeatured
Old 12-23-15, 09:15 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Dont know the owner but looks low miles foglight laminated yellow (ricey imo), chrome grill blacked out (plastidip?), and looks like they modified the rear trunk and bump. It looks lowered too springs coilovers? you would have to try to peak through the wheels
Old 12-23-15, 09:29 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
Dont know the owner but looks low miles foglight laminated yellow (ricey imo), chrome grill blacked out (plastidip?), and looks like they modified the rear trunk and bump. It looks lowered too springs coilovers? you would have to try to peak through the wheels
I'm not too concerned about the yellow overlays but want to know the history and if the trunk spoiler and rear diffuser are authentic or replicas. Maintenance and accident history are the priority as i would be possibly buying this car unseen.
Old 12-24-15, 08:45 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msgs350
I'm not too concerned about the yellow overlays but want to know the history and if the trunk spoiler and rear diffuser are authentic or replicas. Maintenance and accident history are the priority as i would be possibly buying this car unseen.

I actually like Yellow Fogs on the ISF..

Take the vin and put it in the Lexus drivers website and you can see what main't history and or recalls have been performed on the car.
Old 12-24-15, 09:18 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a carfax.....looks like 3 previous owners and no accidents reported.
Old 12-24-15, 10:20 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Wow it means the car got raped by three different people
Old 12-24-15, 01:27 PM
zebani
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
Wow it means the car got raped by three different people
Why is that?
Old 12-24-15, 02:31 PM
k20trick
Instructor

I was just saying....I meant to say its been in quite of few people's hands at 3 owners though.
Old 12-26-15, 09:25 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That was my car before i traded it in for a S2000

I bought the car when it had 28-29k miles on it. I was owner number 3. It has never seen snow since i owned it and the underside of it looks fairly clean which led me to believe it hasn't seen that many winters or if any. The only thing i know about the previous owner before me was that he was a Chinese college student.

Mods on the car as follows:
JoeZ Exhaust
AFE Drop in filter
Swift Lowering springs
Toms Rear Diffuser
Replica Wald Spoiler (tape is lifting, so it needs to be retaped down)
VLEDS LED lighting
Morimoto 3000k fogs + yellow film
front grill surround and emblem are plastidip black

Had the Dealer replace the headlight due to the bubbling issue, so those are like brand new. They didn't notify me of any open recalls so i assume there are none.

Last oil change was 35k with Motul 5w30 + OEM filter

I had the entire front clip and rear bumper and trunk repainted. Front was rock chipped so that why i had it painted. Trunk was repainted because when i took off the oem spoiler, it had dug into the paint at the edges. Rear bumper was repainted cause previous owner banged it up. the rest of the paint it in good condition but def could see a detailer cause black paint is a pain.

Needs tires and the wheels need to be refinished cause they got beat up by the previous owner and i never got around to getting that done

I think that is everything, i traded the car a few months ago so i cant say if anything has happened between then and now.

Last edited by streetx; 12-26-15 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-24-16, 01:47 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by streetx

I bought the car when it had 28-29k miles on it. I was owner number 3. It has never seen snow since i owned it and the underside of it looks fairly clean which led me to believe it hasn't seen that many winters or if any. The only thing i know about the previous owner before me was that he was a Chinese college student.

JoeZ Exhaust
AFE Drop in filter
Swift Lowering springs
Toms Rear Diffuser
VLEDS LED lighting

Had the Dealer replace the headlight due to the bubbling issue, so those are like brand new. They didn't notify me of any open recalls so i assume there are none.

I had the entire front clip and rear bumper and trunk repainted. Front was rock chipped so that why i had it painted. Trunk was repainted because when i took off the oem spoiler, it had dug into the paint at the edges. Rear bumper was repainted cause previous owner banged it up. the rest of the paint it in good condition but def could see a detailer cause black paint is a pain.

Needs tires and the wheels need to be refinished cause they got beat up by the previous owner and i never got around to getting that done

I think that is everything, i traded the car a few months ago so i cant say if anything has happened between then and now.
Ha thats funny, I have S2000 and looking for ISF. Too bad I didnt see yours. Looks like they sold it for about $38k (maybe less) and I actually saw the car in local office building here How much was the trade-in ? My guess is $34k ?
Old 03-24-16, 02:21 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kolyan
Ha thats funny, I have S2000 and looking for ISF. Too bad I didnt see yours. Looks like they sold it for about $38k (maybe less) and I actually saw the car in local office building here How much was the trade-in ? My guess is $34k ?
what about this one? http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=136584411
Old 03-24-16, 02:22 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Or this one

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=138033507
Old 03-24-16, 02:44 PM
SilverSSTL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
You may want to read this thread about that car.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-is-f-48k.html
Old 03-24-16, 02:49 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Thats too much. I am looking locally as well. If I wanted to spend 40-42k, I would have ISF tomorrow. 2012s with 10-20k miles go all day long for that money. NYC had one with 7k miles listed for $41k, local dealer had certified with 20k miles one for $41 other for $42. I want higher miles, maybe not in brand new condition, and not certified for $33-34k private party.
Old 03-26-16, 11:59 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by streetx

JoeZ Exhaust
AFE Drop in filter
Swift Lowering springs
Toms Rear Diffuser
VLEDS LED lighting

Maybe not a huge problem for you but as someone who goes to a college with lots of wealthy foreign students I would never own a car after one, biggest red flag of all.. Never seen someone mistreat a great car like them since they usually have 3 more to use

Quick Reply: 2012 IS-F in Lynn,MA