IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New owner...2011 with 8k miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-15, 05:09 PM
jjdurrant
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy who traded in it bought a $100k Benz so I don't think he was too worried about his investment. I guess he owns a chain of nail salons around Michigan. I am going to try and tint the tail lights first (as well as side markers and bumper lights) and see how that looks.. I also plan to do a brushed black metallic wrap on the following:

-Roof
-Chrome trim around windows
-Front Lip
-Grille
-Badges
-Exhaust tips (although not sure about heat)

Basically all the chrome stuff..

Last edited by jjdurrant; 12-24-15 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-24-15, 05:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

nice find !! Its all set !! Crazy low mileage and nice mods. Congrats
Old 12-25-15, 01:20 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by jjdurrant
Sup all. Justin here.. Just picked up a 2011 with 8k miles for $41,500. Seems like a solid deal. Car appears to have headers, exhaust, intake, strut bar, headrest monitors as well aftermarket tails. That's all the dealer knew. Hoping previous owner contacts me so I can get more info on parts. Driving from MN to MI to pick it up now. Stoked!

I'll post more pic soon. Any idea what tails these are?

Regardless what anyone says. If you got $$$$ in free upgrades plus a crazy good price. Most people will be jealous and try to find faults with it. Ha I am certainly jealous and saw that car at The Caddy dealership and thought to myself why don't I have the money for that right now. Easily underpriced and you got a hell of a deal on a great looking car.
Old 12-25-15, 04:51 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mmartin061
Regardless what anyone says. If you got $$$$ in free upgrades plus a crazy good price. Most people will be jealous and try to find faults with it. Ha I am certainly jealous and saw that car at The Caddy dealership and thought to myself why don't I have the money for that right now. Easily underpriced and you got a hell of a deal on a great looking car.
Majority of people will want a stock car. In all honesty those tails, wing, quad tips are faults I would be lying to myself if I said they weren't.

Regardless it has low miles and some good parts as well so I guess it evens out.
Old 12-25-15, 05:02 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
nice find !! Its all set !! Crazy low mileage and nice mods. Congrats
Ya free mods. He may have to spend a few dollars to change a couple of things but I'm not seeing thousands of dollars that need to be spent. He got a Boral exhaust some nice springs and headers and what else? They don't have any miles on them. I for one like to share in a new owners excitement. And congrats to on an insane price. As I have stated in other postings. Caddy doesn't want to sell Lexus. They aren't in the business to. Winter and the fact some of the mods were not going to appeal in any way to the clientele coming through that door. There is a reason they priced it aggressively it would be a tough sell unless someone that appreciated the car bough it.
Old 12-25-15, 05:04 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by k20trick
Majority of people will want a stock car. In all honesty those tails, wing, quad tips are faults I would be lying to myself if I said they weren't.

Regardless it has low miles and some good parts as well so I guess it evens out.
I think the way I was seeing it is that to buy the good upgrades for the car would cost considerably more than replacing what he doesn't like. If that's what his original goal was was to put those upgrades in it.
Old 12-26-15, 11:06 AM
jjdurrant
Driver

Yeah.. really undoing what I do not like is pretty trivial given everything else that has been done and the mileage and price paid. Hell, all the "major" work I would have done is already complete and an added bonus and it appears quality parts for those items were used

And truly the only thing that actually annoys me enough to do anything about now are the tails.
Old 12-26-15, 11:08 AM
jjdurrant
Driver

Ya free mods. He may have to spend a few dollars to change a couple of things but I'm not seeing thousands of dollars that need to be spent. He got a Boral exhaust some nice springs and headers and what else? They don't have any miles on them. I for one like to share in a new owners excitement. And congrats to on an insane price. As I have stated in other postings. Caddy doesn't want to sell Lexus. They aren't in the business to. Winter and the fact some of the mods were not going to appeal in any way to the clientele coming through that door. There is a reason they priced it aggressively it would be a tough sell unless someone that appreciated the car bough it.
Exactly.. Niche buyer for sure! Not only for stock IS-F but even more so for a modded one.
Old 12-26-15, 06:33 PM
jjdurrant
Driver

Still on the hunt for OEM tails.. are there any differences between the years? Or are 08-14 all the same?
Old 12-26-15, 08:33 PM
BULLIT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some genuine ISF rear lights http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lexus-isf...cAAOSwp5JWU7wP it would be expensive to ship to USA from Australia but given the exchange rate at moment these work out to be around 325USD plus shipping. The seller is a member here
Old 12-26-15, 10:37 PM
Tapangb
Driver

Beautiful color. USB was the original color I was looking for. Wish I could've bought mine with all the mods yours has.
Old 12-27-15, 12:31 PM
mmartin061
banned

In my eyes he got one hell of a deal and then some. There are people trying to sell 08's with mid 40's for like 35 still. I'd gladly pay 6 grand more for that
Old 12-27-15, 12:34 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by jjdurrant
Yeah.. really undoing what I do not like is pretty trivial given everything else that has been done and the mileage and price paid. Hell, all the "major" work I would have done is already complete and an added bonus and it appears quality parts for those items were used

And truly the only thing that actually annoys me enough to do anything about now are the tails.
Don't let anyone fool you man. You got thousands of dollars on parts and labor for free and about 3-4k less than what it should.have been priced at without those parts. And he didn't have a chance to beat the snot out of it. It was like when they had the 2011 in Denver for $32,900. With 41k on it. You will not see one for that price that year those miles for a while. I just couldn't do it then.
Old 12-27-15, 03:48 PM
jjdurrant
Driver

Originally Posted by BULLIT
Here are some genuine ISF rear lights http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lexus-isf...cAAOSwp5JWU7wP it would be expensive to ship to USA from Australia but given the exchange rate at moment these work out to be around 325USD plus shipping. The seller is a member here
Thanks for the heads up.. I'll reach out to him

Don't let anyone fool you man. You got thousands of dollars on parts and labor for free and about 3-4k less than what it should.have been priced at without those parts. And he didn't have a chance to beat the snot out of it. It was like when they had the 2011 in Denver for $32,900. With 41k on it. You will not see one for that price that year those miles for a while. I just couldn't do it then.
Ha.. I know I am not complaining at all.. I did very well on this car.. hell even if it was 100% stock with 20k more miles
Old 12-27-15, 03:52 PM
jjdurrant
Driver

So do the 250/350 taillights fit the ISF? Any reason not to go this route if I find a set?

Quick Reply: New owner...2011 with 8k miles