IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone see the 2012 IS-F listed by Shift?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-15, 03:26 PM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone see the 2012 IS-F listed by Shift?

37k miles asking $38,950 in Santa Monica, CA. Clean Carfax as well. It's been on their website for several months and they've lowered the price twice. Wonder why it hasn't been pick up yet?

It's listed on Autotrader as well.

Last edited by NSXGuy; 11-30-15 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-01-15, 06:49 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Here's the link to the car. 2012 IS-F
Old 12-01-15, 06:57 AM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Price seem to be around right . There's a 2011 obsidian 40k miles for 34k in Colorado clean title . And there was a 2012 USB in Lexus of Carlsbad that had 60k miles and was been advertised for 35 thousand but willing to negotiate it sold within a week of listing.
Old 12-01-15, 11:13 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

I've seen it for a while, only thing holding me back is the exterior color. Nothing against the Mercury Metallic, but I prefer a white one for now.
Old 12-01-15, 11:50 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by msgs350
I've seen it for a while, only thing holding me back is the exterior color. Nothing against the Mercury Metallic, but I prefer a white one for now.
When I was shopping last year, I decided on White, Obsidian, or USB. I had a year, mileage, and price in mind. Only an Obsidian one hit my criteria.

Cars seem to be a bit more in SoCal so this is a pretty good deal I think for the location.
Old 12-01-15, 12:26 PM
EyeSF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NSXGuy
Here's the link to the car. 2012 IS-F
I saw that as well. they even bring the test drive to the buyer. too bad I'm in Norcal.
Old 12-01-15, 04:58 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It might also be the difficulty of buying cars from Shift.
I like the idea of which the company was built around, but I had a bad experience with them.
I dealt with Shift from San Francisco about five months back. They had a TT-RS that I was very interested in picking up. I made a few calls with them and scheduled to drive up North (I'm in LA) to purchase the car in person. One thing they definitely do an amazing job at is taking quality pictures of every single aspect of the car. They had history of the car and everything checked out so I made the trip up North and met up with a gentlemen from Shift at a McDonalds... Yeah, they don't actually have a location for you to walk in and sit down. It's against their policy to disclose any information of their "company location" and supposedly, not in their company insurance policy to have any customers come to their store.
I get it, that's fine. I went on a good test drive and decided this was the car for me. I talked to the person about going to work out the paperwork, and needed to get approved loan from their credited union bank which they stated would be simple and quick. The guy calls the manager, and then tells me they don't actually HAVE the title for the car. That was when I knew I made a trip up North for nothing. And it gets worse!
So this company "helps" the owner sell the car, and by that, they are responsible for posting and responding to those who inquire about the car, and when the actual transactions are going, they are basically the middleman. However, in my case, the owner of the car was actually under water with the car. Meaning, he actually was in -$48,000 for the car. So even if I wanted to take the title through a credit union, it wasn't possible because of that. So we waited and waited as Shift was trying to contact the owner, who was actually out of state in Utah, to somehow make that $4000 payment to the car so I could take over the difference.
All in all, decided all the hassle was not worth it, and there were other cars for me out there.
Ended up with a C63 Coupe and don't regret a single thing!
Old 12-01-15, 05:49 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
It might also be the difficulty of buying cars from Shift.
I like the idea of which the company was built around, but I had a bad experience with them.
I dealt with Shift from San Francisco about five months back. They had a TT-RS that I was very interested in picking up. I made a few calls with them and scheduled to drive up North (I'm in LA) to purchase the car in person. One thing they definitely do an amazing job at is taking quality pictures of every single aspect of the car. They had history of the car and everything checked out so I made the trip up North and met up with a gentlemen from Shift at a McDonalds... Yeah, they don't actually have a location for you to walk in and sit down. It's against their policy to disclose any information of their "company location" and supposedly, not in their company insurance policy to have any customers come to their store.
I get it, that's fine. I went on a good test drive and decided this was the car for me. I talked to the person about going to work out the paperwork, and needed to get approved loan from their credited union bank which they stated would be simple and quick. The guy calls the manager, and then tells me they don't actually HAVE the title for the car. That was when I knew I made a trip up North for nothing. And it gets worse!
So this company "helps" the owner sell the car, and by that, they are responsible for posting and responding to those who inquire about the car, and when the actual transactions are going, they are basically the middleman. However, in my case, the owner of the car was actually under water with the car. Meaning, he actually was in -$48,000 for the car. So even if I wanted to take the title through a credit union, it wasn't possible because of that. So we waited and waited as Shift was trying to contact the owner, who was actually out of state in Utah, to somehow make that $4000 payment to the car so I could take over the difference.
All in all, decided all the hassle was not worth it, and there were other cars for me out there.
Ended up with a C63 Coupe and don't regret a single thing!
Holy ****ttttttttttt... That sounds horrible. I would be LIVID if I drove form LA to SF to find out they didn't have a title and i just wasted my time.. Sorry you had to go through that!
Old 12-01-15, 06:10 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

yeah Shift is a broker or consignment seller, great if your are the seller with title in hand, no so much for anything else.
Old 12-01-15, 08:03 PM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Good info for all. Thanks for posting PlacidBoi.
Old 12-03-15, 09:00 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Yikes, would explain the private party level pricing. But pretty stupid business model to not have all the ducks in a row on theirs and their clients end prior to the sale. Not having a title available or knowing that info in advance is pretty dumb.
Old 12-03-15, 11:13 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Local Lexus dealer here in MA couldn't sell 2012 ISF with 50k miles for $34k. Been selling it from May without any luck, sold at auction last week for $33k and change

My offer was $33k from dealership ($35 out the door with tax + title + all fees)

Last edited by kolyan; 12-03-15 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-03-15, 11:17 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by kolyan
Local Lexus dealer here in MA couldn't sell 2012 ISF with 50k miles for $34k. Been selling it from May without any luck, sold at auction last week for $33k and change
I wonder what was wrong with it? Any 2012's Ive seen that are around low/mid 30's are either accident or rebuilt titles.
Old 12-03-15, 11:22 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
I wonder what was wrong with it? Any 2012's Ive seen that are around low/mid 30's are either accident or rebuilt titles.
Clean title, 1 owner, no accidents. I didnt like the car myself because owner (Lexus dealership manager or something) didnt really take care of it. It had some problems which dealership all fixed, but still needed brakes, stock intake, maybe something else. I saw it before all work has been done and before car was detailed, maybe that turned me off...

I wonder if someone bought it for himself or to resell again....but its crazy....7 month on the market with no sale and from Lexus dealer w/ full 2 month warranty + powertrain of course

Last edited by kolyan; 12-03-15 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-03-15, 11:33 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn for that price I would have picked it up! What color was it tho?

Quick Reply: Anyone see the 2012 IS-F listed by Shift?