IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-15, 07:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

I've cleaned up this thread including some significant OT and rude comments.

Let's get it back to the track event / videos please.
Old 11-28-15, 08:52 PM
Jaysmith2k
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR

He started it and F finished it When we have like 24 spots to grid, and I was the first one to grid, and he just casually rolls up and parks in the slot right before me...... he is sending me a message. Also he was filming and wanted the bimmer guys on his forum to see what's up . He was actually filming with 2 cameras I think. I pray that he posts it on Youtube . I would love to see the shot of the rear camera as I reeled him in on a drag strip where he started before me too
That'll teach him. My guess is we will never see that video on YouTube. Would be great to see though! Way to represent!
Old 11-28-15, 09:47 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Back to original discussion how do you like the USRS? Do you feel they have significantly help in
1.track times
2. Confidence
3. Braking
4. Overall Road feel
Old 11-29-15, 07:47 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The USRS made a nice difference is tightening up the fornt end and giving me more steering a brake pedal feed back. The tires.... OMG !! They have made a HUGE difference in corner speeds and grip. I havent seen my TCS light come on one time since install. The F is "under tired" from factory big time. The width of the new tires makes the car feel more stable too.

Id say the F sport sway bar, huge tires, and USRS and the perfect package. Next step would be coil overs but that a whole can of worms I am not excited to get into. Definitely dont think I would go lower than stock height in the rear and maybe 1/2 in front. I just want less roll. Might try a front sway bar first. They are so damn cheap and always help and they are very obvious from the first turn
Old 11-29-15, 09:47 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Tammer ill suggest cage/monkey bar...lol...im getting usrs soon, I'm lowered on swift spring, its not too low and feels good on the corner. I need to get new tires, I still have one more track thread life on my tires right now. I use my OEM wheels as my track tire and I'm off the track I use my aftermarket...
Old 11-29-15, 12:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
Tammer ill suggest cage/monkey bar...lol...im getting usrs soon, I'm lowered on swift spring, its not too low and feels good on the corner. I need to get new tires, I still have one more track thread life on my tires right now. I use my OEM wheels as my track tire and I'm off the track I use my aftermarket...
You will love it. Its kind of like a sway bar. You will feel it immediately. Then after a couple of weeks it will just be the new norm. I still think they should name it the USBRS. Ultimate steering and brake response system. The pedal feel a bit firmer and more direct.

Thats a great idea about using the stocks as track wheels. I thought about that too but the sizes would be limited, but you could always go straight R compound/ slicks. My HREs already have some chips. I had 1 in my rear left but after this weekend its more like 10. Quicksilver to the rescue
Old 11-30-15, 08:36 PM
CK21
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You will love it. Its kind of like a sway bar. You will feel it immediately. Then after a couple of weeks it will just be the new norm. I still think they should name it the USBRS. Ultimate steering and brake response system. The pedal feel a bit firmer and more direct.

Thats a great idea about using the stocks as track wheels. I thought about that too but the sizes would be limited, but you could always go straight R compound/ slicks. My HREs already have some chips. I had 1 in my rear left but after this weekend its more like 10. Quicksilver to the rescue
Hey I8ABMR, is this you?
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...where-are-you/
If so, thanks for starting that thread! Helping with the research
Old 11-30-15, 09:37 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

My thoughts exactly. While I love my Volks, I knew they wouldn't last or handle track abuse. While there are no chips, the finish is very difficult to replicate and I'll take my chances on the street with them over the track. I knew heading into my first track event that I would needed dedicated track tires, wheels, and pads. It might be expensive, but necessary to maximize the track function of this car. But what Chris is doing is right. Most aftermarket wheels that I've seen on the F are still heavier than the OEM wheels. Less rotational mass helps the car perform better on the track, even as just an factory setup. Not surprising that, as is, the F does remarkably well. I'm not saying adding lightweight wheels, rotors, pads, R-comps, and the such will correlate to better times, as it still relies a competent and very focused driver to maneuver, but those items will definitely help.

Amazing run against the M3. Both cars are so equivalent and always conveyed in the same comparison, and it clearly shows it's more about driver than the machine itself. Great job!
Old 11-30-15, 10:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CK21
Hey I8ABMR, is this you?
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...where-are-you/
If so, thanks for starting that thread! Helping with the research
haha, YUP thats me. I was seriously considering an 09 but the tranny issues scared me away.

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
My thoughts exactly. While I love my Volks, I knew they wouldn't last or handle track abuse. While there are no chips, the finish is very difficult to replicate and I'll take my chances on the street with them over the track. I knew heading into my first track event that I would needed dedicated track tires, wheels, and pads. It might be expensive, but necessary to maximize the track function of this car. But what Chris is doing is right. Most aftermarket wheels that I've seen on the F are still heavier than the OEM wheels. Less rotational mass helps the car perform better on the track, even as just an factory setup. Not surprising that, as is, the F does remarkably well. I'm not saying adding lightweight wheels, rotors, pads, R-comps, and the such will correlate to better times, as it still relies a competent and very focused driver to maneuver, but those items will definitely help.

Amazing run against the M3. Both cars are so equivalent and always conveyed in the same comparison, and it clearly shows it's more about driver than the machine itself. Great job!
Thanks bnizzle!! I went with the HREs because they were 3.1 lbs lighter in front and 4 lbs lighter on each for the rear. My pads and rotors and fluid are all stock so far. Im going to have quicksilver ( wheel repair ) come to the house and fix the tiny chips. I think it was $110 per wheel and a discount if you do more than 1 . Pretty reasonable and you litrerally can not tell anything happened. Its like they use fairy dust or something
Old 11-30-15, 10:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

just got these in tonight . Love the way they came out !!
Attached Thumbnails I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )-photo4294966331.jpg   I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )-photo209.jpg   I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )-photo4294967011.jpg   I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )-photo590.jpg   I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )-photo79.jpg  

I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )-photo4294966736.jpg   I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )-photo4294966673.jpg   I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )-photo4294966957.jpg   I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )-photo4294966762.jpg  
Old 12-01-15, 06:04 AM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I love that you are tracking your car I8ABMR! Don't worry about getting trolled. That is what happens to winners. It happens on bikes, in cars, and if there was ever a blimp race it would probably happen there too. The last time I was at the dragstrip, I argued with a guy about what is really faster. There was a Corvette there capable of running 10 second passes, but every time I saw him he was spinning, literally almost hitting the wall, pulling throttle because of spinning, etc. and the best time I saw him actually run was in the 14s. I argued that the guy in the Corvette was not, in fact, faster that day and that it takes both a good driver and a capable car. A car sits still without a driver and that is why drivers win trophies, not cars. Good for you for besting the driver of the BMW.
Old 12-01-15, 09:17 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Helo58
I love that you are tracking your car I8ABMR! Don't worry about getting trolled. That is what happens to winners. It happens on bikes, in cars, and if there was ever a blimp race it would probably happen there too. The last time I was at the dragstrip, I argued with a guy about what is really faster. There was a Corvette there capable of running 10 second passes, but every time I saw him he was spinning, literally almost hitting the wall, pulling throttle because of spinning, etc. and the best time I saw him actually run was in the 14s. I argued that the guy in the Corvette was not, in fact, faster that day and that it takes both a good driver and a capable car. A car sits still without a driver and that is why drivers win trophies, not cars. Good for you for besting the driver of the BMW.
Thanks brotha !! Very cool of you to say . Having fun and I'm going to keep plugging away. No schedule track days until January 9th but its a free track day for women only " Laps for the ladies ". Thinking of slapping some make up on and a stuffed bra and hitting the track LMAO.
Unfortunately I have to wait to February until the next one unless I want to head back to WHP West and it's my least favorite
Old 12-01-15, 10:32 AM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

...Thinking of slapping some make up on and a stuffed bra and hitting the track LMAO. ...
Well, that would be a whole new kind of drag race. Count me out. Haha!
Old 12-01-15, 10:34 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 77 Posts

Now this track looks like fun!!!
Old 12-01-15, 01:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Helo58
Well, that would be a whole new kind of drag race. Count me out. Haha!

LMAO " drag race"" I love it. Its funny because I get all excited to see that one of my favorite AND closest tracks is available on the schedule and then you read the fine print and it says " Laps for the ladies" Its a free track day to any woman with a free instructor. Thats very cool of ProAutoSports to do that but unless I wasnt to " drag race" Im out. I offered the wife and she said no. She is afraid she is going to damage the car.

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Now this track looks like fun!!!
The infield wasnt so tight that it put the F's weight on display and the straight was BAD *** !! I loved those higher speeds and thankfully the oem pads didnt have any issues. haha I was coming into the braking zone during the first session thinking " dont make me eat my words ""

Quick Reply: I8ABMR F'd Wild Horse Pass Main Track ( with M3 main straight drag race kill )