IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Front Lip for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-15, 08:01 PM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Lip for ISF

Came across this on ebay.... Has anyone ordered from them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351584645752?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#shpCntId
Old 11-21-15, 08:32 PM
ping83
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I will be interested to hear on this also, looks like it fits pretty nicely.
Old 11-21-15, 09:18 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Just recently bought a bayson r oem sytle lip for my s2k. I test fit it a couple weeks ago but am yet to install it due to winter. It is almost as good as oem. I've bought a few lips from them in the past and the quality is pretty damn good for the price. If I didn't already have a Lexon lip and was looking for a cheap alternative bayson would be the ebay vendor I'd look for.

here's a few pics of it 'installed' without any of the hardware. no gaps or any funny business
https://giophotography.smugmug.com/p...ZvX7Mr7-X3.jpg
https://giophotography.smugmug.com/p...jj3kdbf-X3.jpg

Last edited by liquidtek; 11-21-15 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-22-15, 06:24 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like it fits well. The good thing bout urathane is its pretty flexible and won't shatter if it gets hit. The bad thing about urathane is it will start to sag in a few years. But that can be fixed with brackets or shims along the piece.
Old 11-22-15, 09:38 AM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

Can it be painted?
Old 11-22-15, 10:08 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I was wondering if the appeal of the Toms front lip is because it mounts to the factory mounting points ? I'm sorry its off topic
Old 11-22-15, 11:44 AM
TISF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I was wondering if the appeal of the Toms front lip is because it mounts to the factory mounting points ? I'm sorry its off topic
That's definetly a big appeal the toms attaches to the the factory undercover and the factory bolts holding up the front bumper. The quality fit and finish of toms is so good You would have no problems mounting the lip. I have the rear diffuser. Cracked my front into pieces because someone backed into me. Just looking for a replacement as this will prob be the route I take
Old 11-22-15, 06:29 PM
subiepunk
Driver

I used to buy BaysonR lips for my STi all the time. The fitment was pretty damn close and required minimal drilling. Also for people like me who like to be close to the ground I'd rather have a lip I can afford to destroy than one that I'd have to always worry about scraping.
Old 11-22-15, 07:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TISF
That's definetly a big appeal the toms attaches to the the factory undercover and the factory bolts holding up the front bumper. The quality fit and finish of toms is so good You would have no problems mounting the lip. I have the rear diffuser. Cracked my front into pieces because someone backed into me. Just looking for a replacement as this will prob be the route I take
haha Wife keeps asking me all day what I want for christmas. I was thinking some CF lol. I like the lip, diffuser or even a new wheel
Old 11-22-15, 08:13 PM
TISF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atleast we have one more option for front lips instead of the toms, wald, arkym etc. carbon fiber lips. I love those lips but I dont like the fact that im going to drop 1000+ for something im most likely going to destroy down the line.
Old 11-22-15, 08:59 PM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine was fine till the day I let my gf drive my car and we were meeting for lunch and she was pulling into a spot right in front of me and wham! Right into the curb, I was like WTF!!!! In the process of doin the fenders
Old 11-23-15, 10:09 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFCOBRA
Can it be painted?
Urathane can absolutely be painted. Just requires proper and good prep so the paint won't fleck off. Most shops will put a flex additve to the paint before spraying.
Old 11-23-15, 10:19 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by subiepunk
I used to buy BaysonR lips for my STi all the time. The fitment was pretty damn close and required minimal drilling. Also for people like me who like to be close to the ground I'd rather have a lip I can afford to destroy than one that I'd have to always worry about scraping.
same here

i've ordered 3 times from them with no issues. i think i will pick this up
Old 11-23-15, 01:04 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

I actually just ordered this lip...2 minutes later, the guy from Bayson R just called me and asked if I wanted to come by and pick up the lip today. Didn't realize they're based out of San Jose, CA. He also told me to bring my car so he can put it up to my bumper to show me how the fitment is. Don't have time to head down that way today, so hoping to head down there on Wednesday and pick it up.
Old 11-23-15, 01:35 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TISF
Atleast we have one more option for front lips instead of the toms, wald, arkym etc. carbon fiber lips. I love those lips but I dont like the fact that im going to drop 1000+ for something im most likely going to destroy down the line.
That was my thought process as well. And having seen some members have their cf front lips destroyed from other cars, road debris, etc, I knew it would be hard to want to replace it with the same thing that costs quite a bit. I don't think a single one has replaced it with another of the same item. But damn, does it look good when on the car!

Quick Reply: Front Lip for ISF