IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-16, 07:56 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
Here's a short clip from my recent track day at Pocono. I got caught up in traffic behind an Audi R8. He could not lose the IS-F in the road course section, thanks in part to my recently installed Penske coilovers from RR Racing

Sorry for the poor picture quality. I forgot to open my sunroof shade to help minimize the whiteout effect.

Pocono IS F and R8 - YouTube
Loving this video Mike. What are you thinking of the RR Racing coils. They are the ones I would do too . My question is does the car feel at the limit ? My concern is adding more spring rate and create handling issues ? I have gotten about as quick as the stock set up will take me. It feels pretty good all around , considering it's my daily (15k/yr). I just want less roll in the corners with the added grip of these beefy 255/295 AD08Rs/
Old 06-09-16, 05:07 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Loving this video Mike. What are you thinking of the RR Racing coils. They are the ones I would do too . My question is does the car feel at the limit ? My concern is adding more spring rate and create handling issues ? I have gotten about as quick as the stock set up will take me. It feels pretty good all around , considering it's my daily (15k/yr). I just want less roll in the corners with the added grip of these beefy 255/295 AD08Rs/
I love them so far.. Since it was my first time with them on a new (to me) track, I was barely exploring the limits, but the car was just so easy to turn (especially in the tighter sections). I was able to late brake and carry plenty of speed into turns, which was where I made up a lot of time on the cars I was chasing down. Yet, my tires weren't even making much noise, which indicates I could have pushed them a little harder.

The rear became unsettled a few times exiting turns when the tarmac wasn't perfectly smooth, but this was mainly on the transitions between the main track & infield (which is not surprising).. As I get more used to them, hopefully I'll learn how to get them dialed in better for various conditions. The current settings are the recommended starting point from RR Racing.

I have PSS 255/275 and I still experienced a bit of understeer a couple times, but it was mostly because of messing up my line & turning too late.. I'd really like to see how it feels with a squared set-up to help neutralize it further. Welp, I may have to start shopping for a set of 18" track wheels

-Mike

Last edited by mikersoft; 06-09-16 at 05:29 AM.
Old 06-14-16, 06:45 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 170 Likes on 103 Posts

A couple videos from SCCA Track night at Putnam Park in Indiana.

Ran with upsized (245, 275) all seasons (DWS06) so I was limited. But still a blast not the less.

Session 1 was OK. Was too crowded to do much. Factory Five 818 kit car was pretty cool at the end.

Session 3 was lots of fun chasing down a Lotus and a Civic (WTF?!)

Session 2 was eventful with a couple spin outs and a car fire (old Shelby CSX). Unfortunately my phone didn't record that session but my dash cam did, so I need more time to edit.

Last edited by lexicon72; 06-15-16 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-15-16, 07:55 AM
Bevansbc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
What a great video!! Nice track. The added weight of the F mixed with those pathetic skinny little 225s in front is not good for under steer. The rear F sport sway bar will fix that for less than $140. The next thing I would recommend is lowering the tire pressures if they are too high.

Nice driving and very cool of you to share this video with the rest of us. Maybe try the 245/275 combo for your next set
I8ABMR Where can you get a rear F sport sway for "less than $140" I am finding it for $170? I know that's not a big difference, but then I can put that $30 into something else.
Old 06-20-16, 06:22 PM
cwajciec
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ISF 360 degree camera at VIR

360 video of my latest track day in April. Super advanced/instructors group hanging with my buddies. Everyone is shocked at a stock ISF not only keeping up but passing most cars out there. People come up; look at the tires; then inside and then scratch their head. Running 2:12 flat on VIR full with stock tires. I really need more front tire to go much faster. A few videos on the YouTube channel with the link below. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/vp_Gx_lYqis
Old 07-03-16, 04:02 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

I took my son to Summit Point, WV on Friday.. He was thrilled to hang out & watch fast cars all day, plus I got my own dedicated photographer/videographer.

This was my first time back at this circuit with my Penske coilovers.. The car was such a blast to drive all day.. In group 1, passing cars was like shooting fish in a barrel!!
I aced my driver evaluations & get to move up to group 2 with this program.

-Mike

Old 07-03-16, 11:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I took my son to Summit Point, WV on Friday.. He was thrilled to hang out & watch fast cars all day, plus I got my own dedicated photographer/videographer.

This was my first time back at this circuit with my Penske coilovers.. The car was such a blast to drive all day.. In group 1, passing cars was like shooting fish in a barrel!!
I aced my driver evaluations & get to move up to group 2 with this program.

-Mike

Summit Point Main 7 1 16 - YouTube

A whole lotta win
Old 07-12-16, 04:53 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Fantastic day at Pocono on Sunday with Hooked On Driving! I ran solo in group 2 (intermediate) & easily held my own. I got to take my son along on the big 3.5 mile road course for a few site laps in the morning and some parade laps at lunch.. He dug that for sure

For the last (fifth) session, they opened up the full NASCAR tri-oval instead of the road course. It was awesome to blast around there at such high speeds! I hit 158mph! Amazing!

I'll share some videos once edited & posted on youtube. Also, the guy in the next garage stall had a month old GT350R.. What a bad-*** car

-Mike

Old 07-12-16, 11:17 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Fantastic day at Pocono on Sunday with Hooked On Driving! I ran solo in group 2 (intermediate) & easily held my own. I got to take my son along on the big 3.5 mile road course for a few site laps in the morning and some parade laps at lunch.. He dug that for sure

For the last (fifth) session, they opened up the full NASCAR tri-oval instead of the road course. It was awesome to blast around there at such high speeds! I hit 158mph! Amazing!

I'll share some videos once edited & posted on youtube. Also, the guy in the next garage stall had a month old GT350R.. What a bad-*** car

-Mike

Lucky kid!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-12-16, 12:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bevansbc
I8ABMR Where can you get a rear F sport sway for "less than $140" I am finding it for $170? I know that's not a big difference, but then I can put that $30 into something else.
So sorry about the late reply bud. I am pretty sure I got it through Sewell Lexus before they cut of CL. Should be pretty easy to find since its an oem part
Old 07-13-16, 08:00 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Old 07-13-16, 04:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

great shots Larry !
Old 07-13-16, 06:08 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Session 3 from Summit Point Main, 7/1/16.. Sorry about the crappy audio.. I got that sorted out last weekend at Pocono.. I bought a nicer external mic & located it under the driver's seat to lessen the wind noise.

Session 5 (bonus sesssion) on the Pocono full NASCAR tri-oval from this past Sunday.. What a rush!

In addition to better audio, I also learned to used the GoPro spot meter to fix the white out effect outside the car.

-Mike

Last edited by mikersoft; 07-14-16 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Replaced 2nd link with better quality (widescreen) video...
Old 07-13-16, 11:29 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Damn Mike!

That looked awesome I wish there was a track by me like that

I'm sure you get this a lot but all I kept thinking of was the guys from ZZ Top driving your car

The music was just a bonus to the driving!
Old 07-14-16, 03:52 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Damn Mike!

That looked awesome I wish there was a track by me like that
Unfortunately, Pocono isn't very close to me.. It's a four hour drive, so with hotel it becomes a pricey track day.. But getting to end the day like that was worth it!

I'm sure you get this a lot but all I kept thinking of was the guys from ZZ Top driving your car
Hehe.. I get jokes like that all the time... The beard is starting to get annoying (it's been 1.5 years), but it's still growing, so I sort of feel obligated to see how long it gets

The music was just a bonus to the driving!
I remember that Molly Hatchet song from a Nintendo game years ago (NASCAR '98) and thought it went well with this kind of track..

-Mike

Last edited by mikersoft; 09-11-16 at 07:56 AM.

Quick Reply: ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!