IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-16, 04:04 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

^ That second shot is great!

-Mike
Old 01-12-16, 05:02 AM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics! I love RA. Hands down my favorite track so far.
Old 01-12-16, 12:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Isfast

I love that second shot. Damn buddy that should be in your signature
Old 01-12-16, 06:44 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Done! Thanks guys

Last edited by Isfast; 01-12-16 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-16-16, 02:23 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

First track day of 2016! Sadly it was cut short after I shredded my front tire. A local told me they sprayed rhino liner on the track to get it sticky again, not sure if I truly believe that, but my tire paid the price regardless. TGPR was hard on the brakes, and I have the gold logos and white-hot pads to prove it. It was a great short track with good technical turns, off-camber carousels, a very fast chicane, and a reducing radius that got my back end loose a few times more than I expected.

My phone was dying during the second session and every time the warning popped up Harry's quit, but sessions 1 and 3 are shown with lap timer on the links.

As far as equipment goes, I ended up adjusting the Figs-Penske Coilovers after each session, and bumped up to -16F -14R for session 3, and wow, when you're on a flat course the difference is amazing, I'm sure I would have gone a few clicks stiffer in the later runs to see how tight it would get, but I'm just so impressed with these every time I'm on the track.

I had to dump the RRRacing AOS after each session because my orange indicator ball is MIA, but I was thoroughly surprised at the amount of oil collected. I added about as much in fresh Mobil 1 back in after each session.

All in all I got an hour on track and 38 laps in, and drive home in luxury and comfort. A good day for sure.

Session 1: https://youtu.be/AmnpBlDnU_k

Session 3: https://youtu.be/3pLoD8xgrJI
Attached Thumbnails ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo826.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo274.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo544.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo466.jpg  

Last edited by ZaxF; 01-16-16 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-16-16, 02:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZaxF
First track day of 2016! Sadly it was cut short after I shredded my front tire. A local told me they sprayed rhino liner on the track to get it sticky again, not sure if I truly believe that, but my tire paid the price regardless. TGPR was hard on the brakes, and I have the gold logos and white-hot pads to prove it. It was a great short track with good technical turns, off-camber carousels, a very fast chicane, and a reducing radius that got my back end loose a few times more than I expected.

My phone was dying during the second session and every time the warning popped up Harry's quit, but sessions 1 and 3 are shown with lap timer on the links.

As far as equipment goes, I ended up adjusting the Figs-Penske Coilovers after each session, and bumped up to -16F -14R for session 3, and wow, when you're on a flat course the difference is amazing, I'm sure I would have gone a few clicks stiffer in the later runs to see how tight it would get, but I'm just so impressed with these every time I'm on the track.

I had to dump the RRRacing AOS after each session because my orange indicator ball is MIA, but I was thoroughly surprised at the amount of oil collected. I added about as much in fresh Mobil 1 back in after each session.

All in all I got an hour on track and 38 laps in, and drive home in luxury and comfort. A good day for sure.

Session 1: https://youtu.be/AmnpBlDnU_k

Session 3: https://youtu.be/3pLoD8xgrJI

Awesome !!! Sorry you had to cut it short buddy. At least you got some track time. I feel bad that I told you to burn up those PSS rather than starting with the fresh AD08rs . I am missing one today and tomorrow. have family in town. Thanks for sharing the video.

Zach what mount did you use. I am dying to use Harrys lap timer but need it to look stable. Mine looked horrible
Old 01-16-16, 05:21 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Nice run Zach, weather seems pretty cool as well...
Old 01-16-16, 05:35 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chris07is
Nice run Zach, weather seems pretty cool as well...
It was a sunny 50, not too bad with the windows down, though I did wear my thermals, haha.
Old 01-16-16, 05:59 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

Just keep in mind your summer tires lose 60% of their grip at 45F. Running in the winter is fun, but it's not nearly as fast as the summer because your tires never get the traction they are capable of generating.
Old 01-16-16, 06:15 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR

Awesome !!! Sorry you had to cut it short buddy. At least you got some track time. I feel bad that I told you to burn up those PSS rather than starting with the fresh AD08rs . I am missing one today and tomorrow. have family in town. Thanks for sharing the video.

Zach what mount did you use. I am dying to use Harrys lap timer but need it to look stable. Mine looked horrible
I was using some over-the-counter Best Buy mount, but I just ordered a ram mount for the iPhone 6 and will be promptly returning that p.o.s. Haha
Old 01-16-16, 06:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZaxF
I was using some over-the-counter Best Buy mount, but I just ordered a ram mount for the iPhone 6 and will be promptly returning that p.o.s. Haha
Right on. Thanks, Zach. I am dyind to have a decent video with the telemetry over laid. Its looks great. I tried one at IND and it looked horrible. Like an epileptic shot the video during a full grand mall seizure
Old 01-16-16, 06:35 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Right on. Thanks, Zach. I am dyind to have a decent video with the telemetry over laid. Its looks great. I tried one at IND and it looked horrible. Like an epileptic shot the video during a full grand mall seizure
Hahaha, that's awful. Funny. I once figured out how to overlay Harry's to my GoPro but it was very convoluted. I'm doing Barber in February so I'll have a good idea if this mount is worth a damn then!
Old 02-09-16, 02:36 PM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Man, I need to get back on track with the F. Here is a video with me driving and torxuven's helmet cam. This was in advance group and I was running stock pads and conti DW's since this was the first time taking the F out and AMP isn't to brake intensive, still wish I had race pads. Had a little fun with some modded 240's and a EVO on 275 R888's passed me rather quickly but sill fun. Also I had my track prepped G35 there for comparison, not often you get to drive both your cars on a track day.

Prepping with ZaxF and Torxuven,

Old 02-09-16, 03:35 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Oh yeah...looks like 2016 is coming on a full swing for track days....im checking my schedule this spring...im going hit the BIG WILLOW...
Old 02-09-16, 06:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I registered for another 3. Next one is coming up in 2 weeks. Jonesing for a track day

Quick Reply: ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!