IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-16, 07:24 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Piston1047, AshyAnklz, and I representing at AMP tonight!
Attached Thumbnails ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo252.jpg  
Old 07-28-16, 08:54 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
must have been great. So much nicer looking than the desert tracks here in AZ. Just dirt and road. You guys have grass and trees. Makes the pics look nicer too
I hate trees at the track. One of my friends from Charlotte was instructing when the car he was in hit a tree on the passenger side. He did not survive the impact. One of the things about AMP is the closeness of the trees compared to Road Atlanta. It's a pretty track, but you really don't want to tour the tulips there.
Old 07-28-16, 10:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I hate trees at the track. One of my friends from Charlotte was instructing when the car he was in hit a tree on the passenger side. He did not survive the impact. One of the things about AMP is the closeness of the trees compared to Road Atlanta. It's a pretty track, but you really don't want to tour the tulips there.
Oh wow. My condolences. I would have assumed that the trees would be behind the barriers. Just grass in front. When people out here go off its just a HUGE dust storm and dirt bath for the car and driver since the windows are always down . Thankfully nothing more
Old 07-31-16, 05:49 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Here are the 3 sessions from AMP on Wednesday night. Sorry for the crummy video, the Ram Mount has been exceptional for every other use, so I can only attribute it to the fact that i'm running iOS10 Beta and they don't have all the stabilization bugs worked out just yet.

Old 07-31-16, 09:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

love it !
Old 08-02-16, 01:29 PM
Eedo123
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-02-16, 02:04 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Nice video! Car sounds great, what are your mods if any?
Old 08-02-16, 02:31 PM
autoz4me
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice going man the only weakness I'm noticing in the IS-F after watching is front end grip the rear seems very stable.

The power delivery is very linear which is good and the car in stock and BPU modes look pretty darn decent.

PS that track is awesome I love the parts where you have to link corners together.
Old 08-02-16, 04:16 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Great video! That looks like a fun circuit.. Man, that's some serious understeer... What tires/sizes are you running?

-Mike
Old 08-02-16, 05:17 PM
Eedo123
Rookie

Mods are Borla exhaust, sikky headers,rr racing bushings, unfortunately I was still running my street grade brake setup, I need the brembos next time around. Tires are Michelin Super Sports 245/275. The track is absolutely a gem, kind of like a super mini Nurburgring to me (or as close to one as I'll get near in a while). It was a fun day overall but I now think the next step are some proper coil overs.
Old 08-02-16, 11:38 PM
AshyAnklez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaxF
Piston1047, AshyAnklz, and I representing at AMP tonight!

Last edited by AshyAnklez; 08-03-16 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-03-16, 07:50 AM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Eedo123
Mods are Borla exhaust, sikky headers,rr racing bushings, unfortunately I was still running my street grade brake setup, I need the brembos next time around. Tires are Michelin Super Sports 245/275. The track is absolutely a gem, kind of like a super mini Nurburgring to me (or as close to one as I'll get near in a while). It was a fun day overall but I now think the next step are some proper coil overs.
The track day I did with ZaxF at AMP last week was the first time I had the car out since installing Penskes. Before the Penskes I never really had serious issues with understeer and could always get the car to neutral out or oversteer based on throttle or brake application ( I tend to turn with my feet a lot). After the Penskes, keeping everything the same (set-up wise) the car definitely felt more prone to oversteer. This was even on the 245/275 stagger with some dying Conti DWs. I might have to add another hole to the front sway like Rafi mentioned to neutral things out a bit more. They were great for controlling body roll and allowed for more grip to both tires coming out of the turns. I don't think a little understeer is a bad thing on your street car on a track day, it is safer and puts you at less risk if you apex in the wrong spot or get caught on the wrong side of a off-camber turn. So if you decide to go the RR penske route (which I think is the one of, if not the best option) you will have to get used to a car that is going to be a little more difficult to handle and explore the limits with, but with the right tires (AD08s,RE71,R-comps) and race pads then it will be fun and fast. Also, what do you mean by " I need the Brembos nexy time around"?
Old 08-03-16, 11:11 AM
Eedo123
Rookie

The rotors and pads were not the stock Brembos, they were much cheaper; I think the rotors are from a company called Eurorotor, and they are actually very decent for a bit of use during hard driving, but along with the pads I had ( i think the company are called perfectstop). On this track, the brakes have some time to cool off, but I still wanted more consistency and stronger braking, and the Brembos will definitely come on next summer
Old 08-03-16, 11:29 AM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Eedo123
The rotors and pads were not the stock Brembos, they were much cheaper; I think the rotors are from a company called Eurorotor, and they are actually very decent for a bit of use during hard driving, but along with the pads I had ( i think the company are called perfectstop). On this track, the brakes have some time to cool off, but I still wanted more consistency and stronger braking, and the Brembos will definitely come on next summer
Oh, I see. I thought you where talking about a specific Brembo track pad. You could also get a set of track pads/rotors if you wanted to and swap those out with the ones you have now. That way you have a track set and a street/backup set. Carbotech,Winmax,ProjectU,Hawk,RB make track/race pads for our cars. Also think about switching to some DOT4 fluid, Motul and ATE seem to be the popular brands for this, choosing which Brand and type to get will depend on your usage and flush/bleed frequency.
Old 08-03-16, 12:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Piston1047
The track day I did with ZaxF at AMP last week was the first time I had the car out since installing Penskes. Before the Penskes I never really had serious issues with understeer and could always get the car to neutral out or oversteer based on throttle or brake application ( I tend to turn with my feet a lot). After the Penskes, keeping everything the same (set-up wise) the car definitely felt more prone to oversteer. This was even on the 245/275 stagger with some dying Conti DWs. I might have to add another hole to the front sway like Rafi mentioned to neutral things out a bit more. They were great for controlling body roll and allowed for more grip to both tires coming out of the turns. I don't think a little understeer is a bad thing on your street car on a track day, it is safer and puts you at less risk if you apex in the wrong spot or get caught on the wrong side of a off-camber turn. So if you decide to go the RR penske route (which I think is the one of, if not the best option) you will have to get used to a car that is going to be a little more difficult to handle and explore the limits with, but with the right tires (AD08s,RE71,R-comps) and race pads then it will be fun and fast. Also, what do you mean by " I need the Brembos nexy time around"?
Rafi had a similar issue and , as you said, went with a sway bar mod and then upped the tires to 285 square on PS Cup 2 ( literally hypercar tires ). I am actually excited to try them after the AD08Rs . I do agree that under steer is a safer handling characteristic. You can always brake a little to load up the fornt tires and/or trail brake to create a little rotation on corner entry

Quick Reply: ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!