IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Nor Cal ISF's and Shop to get work done??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-15, 11:19 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nor Cal ISF's and Shop to get work done??

Hey guys

So over the last 3 years I have seen 4 ISF's in all of Nor Cal (Sac- Bay Area) Before I got mine , and since then I have seen 3 in the last week,. funny how that works...

Anyone on the forums from Sac or the Bay Area? Id like to meet up with some cats soon and learn more about this beast.

Second, what shop is in this area that caters to the IS/ ISF community? I am considering headers, exhaust at some point and I want to take it to a shop that specializes in these cars. I have had some bad luck taking cars to " oh yeah they can work on your car" . and crap going south... not doing that again.

I just don't have the time to do it myself anymore ( and I'm just older and lazy) so id like to take it somewhere to get done. So Where can I go?

Token
Old 11-05-15, 11:41 AM
Pie
Driver

I use Trackspec in Fremont
Old 11-05-15, 11:43 AM
DAng87
Driver

where in norcal are you located? im in san mateo and would be down for a meet
Old 11-05-15, 01:21 PM
enkei54
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work in Fremont and live in San Jose. '08 IS-F. I'm also down to meet a few of the locals
Old 11-05-15, 02:00 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pie
I use Trackspec in Fremont
Sweet thanks for the reply.. I'll have to check them out.

I'm all the way up here in sac. The ISF' s I have seen were up here and the one silver one I saw passed me on 80 a few months ago, **** was loud so I assume it had one of the popular exhausts . it sounded good.
Old 11-05-15, 02:46 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I found Elite Performance (San Mateo), as the recomended shop from the Norcal subection.. I didn't get a chance to check it out yet. subscribed to hear ISF owner's testimonies.

I'd like someone to look at the Transmission Fluid level and know what they're doing.
Old 11-05-15, 04:47 PM
DAng87
Driver

Originally Posted by jum3
I found Elite Performance (San Mateo), as the recomended shop from the Norcal subection.. I didn't get a chance to check it out yet. subscribed to hear ISF owner's testimonies.

I'd like someone to look at the Transmission Fluid level and know what they're doing.
I've been to this shop before for my JoeZ exhaust install, they were quick and professional. I also had some tires replaced on my honda civic here and they were great.
Old 11-05-15, 05:03 PM
airvtec
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

You can check out the Northern California forum under regional chapter section. Lots more local info there.
Old 11-05-15, 05:24 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by airvtec
You can check out the Northern California forum under regional chapter section. Lots more local info there.
Oh snap.. Thanks for the heads up, didn't realize there was a Norcal section.. I'm heading that way now..

Originally Posted by DAng87
I've been to this shop before for my JoeZ exhaust install, they were quick and professional. I also had some tires replaced on my honda civic here and they were great.
That's pretty much what I needed to hear. Jum3 you have a good point, after the transmission thread I read it would be nice to know someone who knew how to check and maintenance the tranny. Maybe we should host a norcal meet at the shop .. :P

Thanks guys for coming through on the info..
Old 11-05-15, 07:01 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

It would be nice if someone will organize an all isf meet here in the bayarea, im in.
Old 11-05-15, 08:41 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Hey guys

So over the last 3 years I have seen 4 ISF's in all of Nor Cal (Sac- Bay Area) Before I got mine , and since then I have seen 3 in the last week,. funny how that works...

Anyone on the forums from Sac or the Bay Area? Id like to meet up with some cats soon and learn more about this beast.

Second, what shop is in this area that caters to the IS/ ISF community? I am considering headers, exhaust at some point and I want to take it to a shop that specializes in these cars. I have had some bad luck taking cars to " oh yeah they can work on your car" . and crap going south... not doing that again.

I just don't have the time to do it myself anymore ( and I'm just older and lazy) so id like to take it somewhere to get done. So Where can I go?

Token
Theres 3 of us here in turlock california, Theres three other guys but we dont really communicate with them. I recommend trackspec autosports in fremont ca. They did my cousins header, exhuast and suspension on his f. Very clean work and knowledgeable.
Old 11-05-15, 09:56 PM
enkei54
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might need to go to Trackspec just to hang out. The place looks immaculate
Old 11-05-15, 11:47 PM
superfly32
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ljdsong
It would be nice if someone will organize an all isf meet here in the bayarea, im in.
Ditto! I see a few F's roaming around the east bay area every now and then.

I have a buddy that has a shop that he just opened up in Concord. Racer's Line. Very clean shop, super cool guy, very skilled and pricing is very reasonable. He installed helped install my PPE dual mode exhaust, and will be my go to guy to do my PPE headers (if i ever decide to pull the trigger on them).

Cheers
Old 11-06-15, 01:49 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by enkei54
I might need to go to Trackspec just to hang out. The place looks immaculate
I know right just spent the last 30 min checking out the site and reading the yelp reviews.. Place looks legit.
Old 11-06-15, 01:59 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by superfly32

I have a buddy that has a shop that he just opened up in Concord. Racer's Line,....
I just checked out his FB page, good looking shop!! He specializes in BRZ/FRS?

Good to know there are some good quality shops out here.

Quick Reply: Nor Cal ISF's and Shop to get work done??