IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Joined the dark side! Sort of!!!!

Old 11-03-15, 12:30 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Joined the dark side! Sort of!!!!

So I pulled the trigger and got my first motorcycle to ride on the weekend as my F is my only car and my daily driver. I sorta joined the dark side with a 2012 BMW S1000RR motorad color, red white and blue. To pick the fastest street bike out there for my first bike is crazy I know. Many of my rider friends told me so too. I'll be on "rain mode" for a couple of months until I'm ready to experienced the full 200whp tuned 2 wheels. It has a full Akrapovic titanium exhaust and tuned powercomander and among other cool mods. There isn't much for me to do but just t enjoy this beast. Took her out last Saturday and it felt amazing.
Name:  C082603E-F2D1-4A19-A03E-641FE0B8321D.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  158.2 KB

Old 11-03-15, 12:40 PM
DansonISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice looking bike you've got there my favorite bike is alway DUCATI 1199 one day i will get one too
Old 11-03-15, 01:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

dude I know nothing about =bikes, BUT I know thats one bad motherF'r right there. Be careful on that beast
Old 11-03-15, 02:16 PM
foxprime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice! Patriotic colors too.
Old 11-03-15, 05:07 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DansonISF
nice looking bike you've got there my favorite bike is alway DUCATI 1199 one day i will get one too
Will own a Duc in a couple of years. My BMW is faster but the Duc is probably the sexiest bike on the planet.
Originally Posted by I8ABMR
dude I know nothing about =bikes, BUT I know thats one bad motherF'r right there. Be careful on that beast
Thanks bro! It is the fastest production bike on the market right now. I definitely love it and being very gentle with the throttle until I have more experience under my belt.
Originally Posted by foxprime
Looks nice! Patriotic colors too.
Thanks, this is the official BMW Motorad color too.
Old 11-03-15, 05:19 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Awesome machine man!

Now my rant:

Do not mess around on that bike. Practice emergency stops to understand how the bike will handle.

The problem with these types of bikes as first bikes, is that they are not forgiving for mistakes. I would have recommended you start on something like a Honda Shadow.

When you take corners, SLOW DOWN IN A STRAIGHT LINE BEFORE YOU TURN. Then as you are turning, do not add or reduce throttle, keep it steady.

Always wear your gear and helmet, and always ride like you are invisible. You are faster than every single car out there, and it takes drivers out of their comfort zone having something come out of no where, they will look and think its ok, and BAM you are up there already.

Watch out as you go through intersections for people who will turn left in front of you. Watch out for people who will pull out of a side street in front of you, watch out for people who will merge into you because you are in their blind spot.

Understand that while wheelies are cool, if you do it on the street and come down you can have a "tankslapper" that could kill you or someone else in traffic....

I'm in my mid 30's and have been riding motorcycles for a long time and still feel like I can't ride to the full ability of my old '02 Honda CBR F4i.

With all that being said, your car is going to seem boring to you now. After riding the bike daily driving, and then getting in a car, you will feel like you are in a big boat.

enjoy and be safe!!!!
Old 11-03-15, 05:34 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,835 Likes on 2,324 Posts

He's in California. Bikes are on the road 365 days a year there. It's not nearly as bad as the rest of the country. I didn't own a car for 8 of the 24 years I lived in California and rode about 25k miles a year on a variety of machines. Liter bikes don't have big issues with being seen there. I always marveled at how no one ever did anything stupid when I was on my FJ1100, but when I rode my 500 Interceptor, people didn't see me at all.

Save splitting lanes for when you have more experience. At least 2 years in the saddle. It's one of the best parts of owning a bike in California, but it is very unforgiving if you make even a small mistake.
Old 11-03-15, 05:37 PM
spdfreak91
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Will own a Duc in a couple of years. My BMW is faster but the Duc is probably the sexiest bike on the planet.

Thanks bro! It is the fastest production bike on the market right now. I definitely love it and being very gentle with the throttle until I have more experience under my belt.

Thanks, this is the official BMW Motorad color too.
False. We currently have a Kawasaki H2 here at the shop putting down 260hp just by removing the damn restrictions. Unlike the Japanese bikes, BMW doesn't have to restrict their bikes in the US. The unrestricted H2 will eat a Beemer.

Either way, sick bike. I currently have a 2012 ZX-10R putting 186hp to the wheels. My previous bike was a 2004 gsxr600. Night and day difference in power (111hp to 186hp). Now the 600 belongs to the wife.

Like mentioned above, you pretty much need to keep your head on a swivel at all times. Think of it as EVERYONE is out to get you while you're riding.

Safe riding man, and enjoy. Wear your gear also. Just had a friend crash his 2012 zx-10r. He ended up with both wrist broken, one broken ankle, and multiple fractures in his hip. Doctor said he would have lost his foot if he wasn't wearing his Sidi riding boots.
Old 11-03-15, 05:51 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

That is all sorts of cool. Was Ducati ever in consideration?
Old 11-03-15, 06:41 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jum3
That is all sorts of cool. Was Ducati ever in consideration?
1199 S was on the list. Maybe a second bike
Originally Posted by spdfreak91
False. We currently have a Kawasaki H2 here at the shop putting down 260hp just by removing the damn restrictions. Unlike the Japanese bikes, BMW doesn't have to restrict their bikes in the US. The unrestricted H2 will eat a Beemer.

Either way, sick bike. I currently have a 2012 ZX-10R putting 186hp to the wheels. My previous bike was a 2004 gsxr600. Night and day difference in power (111hp to 186hp). Now the 600 belongs to the wife.

Like mentioned above, you pretty much need to keep your head on a swivel at all times. Think of it as EVERYONE is out to get you while you're riding.

Safe riding man, and enjoy. Wear your gear also. Just had a friend crash his 2012 zx-10r. He ended up with both wrist broken, one broken ankle, and multiple fractures in his hip. Doctor said he would have lost his foot if he wasn't wearing his Sidi riding boots.
My statement is still correct lol. Production means unmodified what so ever. Believe me that I know about the H2 and H2R. My buddy has a H2R in the waiting room at his shop.
Yeah I'm fully geared with Dainese and Shoei X12 whenever I ride. My buddy has 40 broken bones from riding and he loves it still.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
He's in California. Bikes are on the road 365 days a year there. It's not nearly as bad as the rest of the country. I didn't own a car for 8 of the 24 years I lived in California and rode about 25k miles a year on a variety of machines. Liter bikes don't have big issues with being seen there. I always marveled at how no one ever did anything stupid when I was on my FJ1100, but when I rode my 500 Interceptor, people didn't see me at all.

Save splitting lanes for when you have more experience. At least 2 years in the saddle. It's one of the best parts of owning a bike in California, but it is very unforgiving if you make even a small mistake.
Thanks bro. I won't be lane splitting any time soon. It's my weekend ride so I'll have all the time in the world to wait haha.
Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Awesome machine man!

Now my rant:

Do not mess around on that bike. Practice emergency stops to understand how the bike will handle.

The problem with these types of bikes as first bikes, is that they are not forgiving for mistakes. I would have recommended you start on something like a Honda Shadow.

When you take corners, SLOW DOWN IN A STRAIGHT LINE BEFORE YOU TURN. Then as you are turning, do not add or reduce throttle, keep it steady.

Always wear your gear and helmet, and always ride like you are invisible. You are faster than every single car out there, and it takes drivers out of their comfort zone having something come out of no where, they will look and think its ok, and BAM you are up there already.

Watch out as you go through intersections for people who will turn left in front of you. Watch out for people who will pull out of a side street in front of you, watch out for people who will merge into you because you are in their blind spot.

Understand that while wheelies are cool, if you do it on the street and come down you can have a "tankslapper" that could kill you or someone else in traffic....

I'm in my mid 30's and have been riding motorcycles for a long time and still feel like I can't ride to the full ability of my old '02 Honda CBR F4i.

With all that being said, your car is going to seem boring to you now. After riding the bike daily driving, and then getting in a car, you will feel like you are in a big boat.

enjoy and be safe!!!!
Thanks again bro. I took the motorcycle safety class and it taught me a bunch of safety moves. So useful for sure
Old 11-03-15, 09:57 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Time to teach me Khoa.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 11-03-15, 10:29 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Any shots of the rear with the new tails?
Old 11-03-15, 11:14 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rossi
Any shots of the rear with the new tails?
Tail lights or the duckbill/ducktail carbon trunk?
Old 11-03-15, 11:44 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Stay safe my friend. I know you love your F, and will grow to love riding motorcycles just as much. Blind spots are even more prevalent, as cars can overlook a bike, even if one isn't going that fast.
Old 11-04-15, 04:38 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cheapest way to go fast for sure.

I am just to chicken to get one......or smart lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Joined the dark side! Sort of!!!!