IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My new street/track wheel and tire set up

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-15, 07:38 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Sadly I couldn't get the oem center caps to fit but the guy said some people use electrical tape around the oem center caps to make them fit. I really wanted it to look like the car came this way from Lexus. The dude at the shop said he would with most brands of wheels but with HRE he said he would rather for people to know he was rolling on the good stuff lol. I still prefer it to
What diameter are the HRE centre caps and how are they attached to the backing? Im the same as you, i prefer the OEM look and hence prefer the Lexus centre caps. I realized that my TWS centre caps (not to be confused with TSW) are only attached to the backing via 3M tape and are 56mm in diameter, which happens to be the same diameter as the CT200H centre caps (ISF centre caps are 63mm). So my winter project is to shave the back of the CT200H centre caps and epoxy them to the TWS backing.
Or RR Racing will do custom Lexus centre caps if you want to go the easy route.
-R
Old 10-23-15, 08:33 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the AD08R's on my Lotus, they were amazing. Had to swap them out cause they didn't have the proper sizes for the front. Tread pattern is nuts! Your F looks great.
Old 10-23-15, 11:18 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Shame those FF01 aren't available 5x114.3 in 19" diameters.
Old 10-23-15, 12:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
Shame those FF01 aren't available 5x114.3 in 19" diameters.
I was thinking about them but wanted something that was a little less meshy. The mesh looks better in a 20" imho. but the FF01 is a gorgeous wheel.
Old 10-23-15, 01:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
What diameter are the HRE centre caps and how are they attached to the backing? Im the same as you, i prefer the OEM look and hence prefer the Lexus centre caps. I realized that my TWS centre caps (not to be confused with TSW) are only attached to the backing via 3M tape and are 56mm in diameter, which happens to be the same diameter as the CT200H centre caps (ISF centre caps are 63mm). So my winter project is to shave the back of the CT200H centre caps and epoxy them to the TWS backing.
-R
Forgot about the RR racing set. I forgot what size he said it was but he measured it. It would look great with the oem caps.

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I had the AD08R's on my Lotus, they were amazing. Had to swap them out cause they didn't have the proper sizes for the front. Tread pattern is nuts! Your F looks great.
I wish they made more tires or the F's anemic 225/40/19. Its the front that makes us look into odd sizes. Still cant believe they put 225s on the front of a 3600lb car that is designed for track duty.
Old 10-23-15, 01:19 PM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
-R
You can order custom adhesive centercaps from here: http://3dcarstickers.com/en/category/lexus/
Many of my customers use these and they'll stick right over the centercap from most companies.
Custom diameters so you can get a perfect fit over the standard caps
Old 10-23-15, 01:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GetUrWheel
You can order custom adhesive centercaps from here: http://3dcarstickers.com/en/category/lexus/
Many of my customers use these and they'll stick right over the centercap from most companies.
Custom diameters so you can get a perfect fit over the standard caps
SEE !!! Jason at Getyourwheels.com is the man !!!! Thanks for sharing this buddy. I dont think many people know about this
Old 10-23-15, 03:15 PM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
SEE !!! Jason at Getyourwheels.com is the man !!!! Thanks for sharing this buddy. I dont think many people know about this
Happy I could help!
Old 10-23-15, 05:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I have a totally smooth ride with the plastic hub rings from HRE but this is what I call a hub ring !! Ordered these to be custom made for my wheels and the F hub . Now that looks robust !! In case anyone needs high quality aluminum hub rings ( they can make any size custom ) these guys are great ! My front was a 73.1-60.1 which is no issue to find even on amazon but the rear was an oddball 70.6-60.1. I could only find them in plastic until I found these guys

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/hub_rings.html

My main issue with plastic is the extreme heat from the track drying them out over the years and to start cracking. Also I think it's pretty much a given that the metal will not give like plastic may. Either way it should be ok. I just figure I would use them since I spent so much to have them custom made.
Attached Thumbnails My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo139.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 10-23-15 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-24-15, 12:32 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Final touches !! No rubbing but I'm going to file down the rear fender tabs where the fender meets the bumper to make sure she has max clearance . Found some silicon a marine sealant at Home Depot and have some Dr Colorchip to make sure that the fenders don't create issues much further up the line. Most say I'm being **** for painting and sealing the fender lip but I would rather do the most complete job possible . Going to test drive her tomorrow again to eval for rubs and will spend a couple of hours painting and sealing the fender lips
Attached Thumbnails My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo963.jpg   My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo722.jpg  
Old 10-24-15, 05:46 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You know it's getting serious when the safety goggles are out!
Old 10-24-15, 01:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Imagine being an eye doc that came into the ER with a metallic foreign body in the eye because he didn't wear eye protection. I remove metal from corneas all the time and although it can even happen with eye protection , 95% of the time the guy was " just trying to do it really quick".

About to head down to the garage to paint and seal the fender lips. Test drove the crap out of her this morning . I was taking turns and going over storm water depressions in the road faster than I would ever normally just to make sure she clears. I was thinking about filing down the fender tabs a bit more but I dint think its necessary . If it's needed I can easily just jack the car up and file that last couple of mm in no time if needed. The issue is my brother is just as big as me and I pick him and my mom up from the airport rarely . This is the only thing that makes me want to go and do the last step. Would be kind of crappy to figure out you are rubbing really bad on the way home from the airport
Old 10-24-15, 04:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Excited to finally have all the fender work done, painted the rolled lips, and even used auto/marine sealant on top of the rolled and repainted area . Going to swing by the shop soon to have the thick billet aluminum hub rings I had made installed .

I think I added more clearance than I needed to but I would like the option to have people in the back even with these juicy 295 AD08Rs
Attached Thumbnails My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo954.jpg   My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo339.jpg   My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo768.jpg   My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo4294967004.jpg   My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo48.jpg  

My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo665.jpg   My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo4294966958.jpg   My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo555.jpg   My new street/track wheel and tire set up-photo441.jpg  
Old 10-24-15, 04:28 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say....Perfect! Nice job
Old 10-24-15, 09:27 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice work Tammer, I also used a sealant on the rolled fenders after I painted them just to be sure...

Quick Reply: My new street/track wheel and tire set up